Wake up in the morning, cry like a little baby

So, this morning, I’m blithly watching the Today show, like I do most mornings. This morning, they’re covering the aftermath of the California mudslide. They’ve got news this morning: They’ve recovered the bodies of a mother and her 3 children.

Now, to give you a background: I’m lying there in bed with the youngest of my three children. They’ve got the father on the screen, and he’s showing off his leather jacket, where his six-year old girl imprinted her “paws” in green paint on the front: “These are Raven’s paws.” he says, and I just break down.

It’s hard to think about something like this: Over 100,000 people lost their lives in the tsunami disaster in Indonesia in the last couple of weeks, and here I am, waking up my 2 year old girl so I can give her hugs, and potentially never let her go.

There’s a memorial fund for the Wallet family:

Womack Wallett Memorial Fund
Santa Barbara Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 60645
Santa Barbara, CA
93160-0645
(888) 400-7228

I found the story I watched online at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6821292/

That’s pretty rough.

Otherwise, how you doing, T?

I heard a story on this on the radio this morning. I can’t believe some of the people that are people still living there. There was a big mudslide in 1995 that caused the county to condemn this one guy’s house because it was too dangerous. So he bought the house across the street and was found dead yesterday, buried under mud.

I really feel for these people, but damn. There’s no way I would have stuck around.