Wal-Mart vs Amazon - Wal-Mart tells their vendors to stop using AWS

We do work with AWS as well. It’s ultimately up to the client what service they want to go with. Usually they’ve pre-selected AWS before they come to us and we have to work with it. However, we’re a Microsoft partner, and we offer managed hosting on Azure, so we usually try to make a case for Azure.

Most of our work is on the Microsoft stack so Azure makes sense for those projects. I’m not super close to the pricing of these, that’s handled by someone else, so I really don’t know how they compare cost-wise. I just have to setup and deploy applications to them.

No one likes Digital Ocean or IBM Cloud? Digital Ocean seemed pretty easy to use, but I think you needed to build something on a container. IBM Cloud does run .Net in some kind of a runtime.

No clue on thost @habibi, but we do use Oracle Cloud. Not a huge fan, to be honest. Our stuff there is managed, and they have more than once patched production items without notice, causing massive shits to be taken in the pants of some of our admins and DBAs.

My gosh… unacceptable from big names like Oracle… thought they would have some sort of changeover process in place, being in this business for decades. That’s surprise to hear but because they are not a big cloud player, perhaps that didn’t make any news.

They are supposed to. It was only after we pitched a fit that they started better notification. I’m not sure if the tier we are on placed us in a lower notification level, but for sure it was a big deal when it happened. And then again the next time it happened.