Wallet Threat Level

Guessing he’s come for our jybs.

Yeah, the name is completely stupid, but 10 Tons makes great twin-stick shooters (Neon Chrome, Crimsonland, etc.).

Oh man, is that this week? My kids have been clamoring for that one.

And Cogmind, which releases on steam today…

From a cursory look, it looks like every other roguelike with minimal graphics and turn-based combat. What sets it apart?

(Also it is going to be an Early Access release in about an hour, it says).

Thread below, but to try and answer your question, you play a robot with a really cool modular system where you slap parts you find onto your own body. So you are constantly evolving as you find new parts and they get destroyed. See the thread for more, but it has an old-school sensibility with a ton of modern, fresh ideas. The graphics are actually rather impressive n a brogue-like sort of way (e.g. Rendering rockets and explosions with animated ascii graphics). This sums it up well:

What are the color codes of the Wallet Threat? I want in on this. And is it only games coming out this week, or can I throw in a couple of pre-orders?

Tom had used the threat level the country switched to after 9/11:

And usually it was weekly, so the games coming out this week will pose this kind of danger to your wallet.

He did once have a Wallet Threat level Apocalypse, but I think that was because the Steam sale was coming for the first or second time ever.

From lowest to highest it goes:

Green
Orc
No Joke
Purple
Snow
Fantastic
Yellow
Kerrigan with dreads
Awesome
Gilbert
Deja vu
Three
Red
Red red kroovy

Wallet Threat level Red this week I think.

Biggest Releases this week:

• Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - PC, XB1, PS4
  • Super Mario Odyssey - NS
  • Assassin’s Creed: Origins - PC, XB1, PS4
  • Destiny 2 - PC (already out for XB1,PS4)
  • Just Dance 2018 (all platforms known to mankind I think? I don’t keep up with this series).

Thankfully I’m not interested in Destiny 2, but my wallet has suffered severe damage for Origins and Wolfenstein II, and this past weekend I picked up ELEX. Too many interesting games coming out all at once.

Hopefully I can breeze past Battlefront II but who am I kidding.

I already picked up Wolfenstein 2. My most anticipate shooter in a while. I’m safe from the other games on this week’s list though.

Yeah Origins is just too good looking to pass up on, I even splurged on the gold edition.

Hollow Knight DLC (new questline and other miscellany) is October 26th. Cost: $0

Super Mario Odyssey alone is threat level red, and we don’t even have the dang Switch yet.

This Forum needs a Hollow Knight thread! I heard it was very good.

I really liked it, but just barely. The fundamentals were good enough to push through some design flaws to finish out my OCD completionist tendencies.

I think that’s “I liked it a fair bit.”

It’s equivalent to a strong like but from a different starting point. Hollow Knight is a weak 4 on the Tom Chick scale, as opposed to a 3 star game I have a soft spot for.

Yeah, I think I’m about to do the same. I long for Dark Souls combat in a non-Dark-Souls-like game and Origins just might be it.