Wallet Threat Level

I’m watching the sentiment on The Diofield Chronicle, and I may grab it if everyone’s in love; if it’s more of a medium response, I’ll wait for a more convenient (and cheaper) time. As far as what it seems to be doing, though, it’s pretty up my alley, so I’m at least cautiously optimistic.

Monkey Island and Train Life already attacked my wallet, so red I guess. Contemplating buying Construction Simulator but I doubt it.

Oh cool, Construction Simulator features Excavators! I should look into that.

Strangely, after my wildly positive experience with Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Wylde Flowers caught my eye as it was heading for mobile release and I’ve kept up with it. Now it’s a planned release tomorrow on Steam:

I’ll see how it hits, but I think it’d be fun to have a cozy game on the PC for a change of pace when other games have worn me down.

I played Wylde Flowers from start to finish on iOS (Apple Arcade) and loved it. It very much has the feel of a Hallmark TV movie (with a healthy dose of Harry Potter), but it executes on that really well. The characters are tropey though still well-written and in the gameplay department it does the Stardew thing as well as I’ve seen, excepting Stardew itself. Hope you like it!

Ok, first let’s get to the minimal wallet threats thanks to Game Pass giving us access to new games for very little money: Moonscars, Grounded 1.0, Let’s Build a Zoo, Valheim and some kind of Paw Patrol racing game. Now let’s get to why it’s personally Wallet Threat Level RED this week for me: the last EA Sports FIFA game comes out this week. It will have the normal club football that I don’t really care about anymore, and also the World Cup that’s going to happen in November, which I VERY much care about. They will have all the new stadiums in Qatar, and all the international teams, and I get to play it before the actual tournament? Yes please! But man, that’s expensive.

Any other wallet threats for people this week? If I missed anything or got something wrong, let me know.

Monday (9/26/22):​

• World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic (PC)
  • Monorail Stories (PC)
  • The Matriarch (PC)
  • Terra Invicta (PC)
  • The Spirit and the Mouse (PC, Switch)

Tuesday (9/27/22):​

• Hokko Life (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Dual Universe (PC)
  • Tunic (PS4, PS5, Switch)
  • Dome Keeper (PC)
  • Windfolk: Sky is just the Beginning (PC, PS4)
  • The Fridge is Red (PC)
  • A Bad Game of Football (PC)
  • Life is Strange Arcadia Bay Collection (Switch)
  • Airoheart (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Moonscars (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Grounded (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (PS4, Switch, PC)

Wednesday (9/28/22):​

• Post Void (PS4, PS5, Switch)
  • NeverAwake (PC)
  • Deathverse: Let it Die (PS4, PS5)
  • Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter (PC)

Thursday (9/29/22):​

• Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous ( PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Dorfromantik (Switch)
  • Mythic (PC)
  • Let’s Build a Zoo (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Moonbreaker (PC)
  • Valkyrie Elysium (PS4, PS5)
  • Brewmaster (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • From Space (PC, Switch, Stadia)
  • Railgrade (PC, Switch)

Friday (9/30/22):​

• Blade Assault (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • FIFA 23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Stadia)
  • Undetected (PC)
  • My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)

Those are the big ones for me. I’m also curious about Moonbreaker, but no idea how good that one will be.

Also, this week has pretty extensive updates for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. A good week if you have those games.

Valheim is amazing. If you haven’t played it yet, you should.

The name is very curious. How does one break a Moon?

I pre-purchased Railgrade on Epic (I do not see it on Steam so guess its an exclusive).

Bad week for me. Terra Invicta, domekeeper, moonbreaker and destroyer. Aargh.

EDIT: A bad week for my wallet - a very good week for me ! ;-)

Is Terra Invicta 1.0 or EA?

It’s EA.

Shoot. Never heard of this one but the trailer has me intrigued. Any impressions you can share?

Oh. Just realize it hasn’t been released yet! ;-)

I played about 25 hours of the Brewmaster demo in the summer while it was available. You could only make 2 beer types with a demo set of ingredients and equipment but I did it over and over and over again.

Most assuredly that is my only wallet threat. This week. Maybe this year.

That sounds awesome. You should make a thread!

Trails from Zero is one of the two big releases of the back half of the year for me (…the Tactics Ogre remake also looms). If anyone has ever thought about the Trails JRPGs but not wanted to start in the middle of an arc, or if anyone just generally wants a really good traditionally styled JRPG, this is a great one and can be played without any prior experience in the series. Note that the PC and Switch versions are slightly to be preferred to the PS4 version in the US, with some minor advantages due to how the localization and ports were handled, though they’ll all be fine.

Nah I don’t actually know anything about it except following the instructions in the game. Also if you ask around I’m just a forum game poster anyway. That’s what I’m told.

Nonsense, you’re our resident expert on all the Assassin’s Creed games prior to AC: Origins!