Wallet Threat Level

Important missing games:

August 6th:

August 9th:

I’m preeeeeety sure it’s not coming out until September.

Red Alert, people.

Monday, August 12

• Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets | PC
  • the machine that BREATHES | PC
  • Pirates Of Everseas | PC
  • RogueVerse | PC

Tuesday, August 13

• Exception | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Vasara Collection | PS4, Vita, PC
  • Genesis | PS4
  • Ancestor’s Legacy | PS4, Xbox One
  • Rebel Galaxy Outlaw | PC
  • Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition | Switch
  • Never Give Up | Switch
  • Emberlight | PC, Mac
  • Inner | PC
  • CULT | PC
  • Gravity Control | PC
  • Vicious Circle | PC
  • Dicey Dungeons | PC, Mac
  • Legends | PC
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic | PC

Wednesday, August 14

• Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark | Switch
  • Vasara Collection | Xbox One
  • Senran Kagura: Peach Ball | PC
  • Make War | PC
  • 8 Eyes | PC
  • Also No Man’s Sky gets the Beyond update | PC, PS4, Xbox One

Thursday, August 15

• Ion Fury | PC (This is the game formerly known as Ion Maiden)
  • Vasara Collection | Switch
  • Rogue Singularity | Switch
  • Shinobi Spirits S: Legend Of Heroes | PC
  • Cryogear | Switch
  • Darq | PC
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition | PC, Mac
  • Hot Shot Burn | PC

Friday, August 16

• Aritana And The Twin Masks | Xbox One
  • Grandia HD Collection | Switch
  • Escape From Earth | PC

Saturday, August 17

• Hidden Objects - The Mystery House | PC
  • Caretaker | PC

Sunday, August 18

• FAR: Lone Sails | Switch

Anybody played this? From the name, I thought it would be a super generic Kemco garbage-JRPG, but it looks well received?

Is Legend of Heroes too generic to actually trademark? Or does Falcom just not care?

Doesn’t the Xbox version get an update as well?

It’s a SRPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. Quite a few people here on QT3 actually played the game:

I keep forgetting that exists. Updated.

Fell Seal and (possibly) Emberlight look interesting to me. Nothing else grabbing me just yet, will have to do more research on other stuff. But right now I’m just waiting for Aug 30th for Astral Chain.

I preordered the Vasara Collection: it is worryingly 50% off, but heck at 5 bucks, if there is gonna be any chance to experience those game ever outside of that opportunity, I took the shot.

Man, I don’t know why we don’t have a thread for this game yet. So I’ll put this trailer here for now. It looks so good.

We’re missing Ion Fury from that list. Comes out on the 15th.

Oooooh, I knew there was something coming out this week that I knew about that I couldn’t remember. Thanks. I’ll add it.

Let’s see, so that’s:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw $30 (already bought)
Exception $15
Ion Fury $30

The only reason I’m a little hesitant on Ion Fury is that my recent experience with retro shooters has not been positive. I ended up not enjoying Dusk and Amid Evil. Both are okay, but not as fun as playing the new Quake episode that Machine Games recently released, for example. Plus back in the day, I never enjoyed Duke Nukem 3D as much as my brothers. I was a fan of Descent back in that era, and eventually Quake years later when I found out it had mouselook.

Other wallet threats this week:

8/13/19

8/15/19

I’m pretty confident Dicey Dungeons can and will take over the lives of a number of people here.

Ha ha, I hadn’t noticed it!

I think you are gonna like it!

I was about to ask for impressions of it. I absolutely love one of Cavanagh’s games (VVVVVV, the GOAT platformer) and really like another (Super Hexagon) so this one’s been on my watch list for a while.

It’s very different, since it is so complicated compared to those. The esthetics of it may be quite divisive too, although they tend to grow on you, not unlike a Binding of Isaac way.
It’s a dice placement game, with quite a few smart twists, making it probably — and most strangely — the least luck based of such games.
I played only the game during its alpha period last year, and it was not overly complicated, but it lacked the higher difficulty levels; it is where the real game is supposed to be at, and what this full release is about, from my understanding.

Yeah, it’s not like his other games. It’s definitely in the Dreamquest (if you know that incredibly influential iOS card game) and Slay the Spire school, but with a different aesthetic, as Left_Empty says.

This is a turn based strategy game folded into a dungeon crawler, powered by dice. Like those games I mentioned above, different classes play completely differently, which is neat.

Apparently there’s a lot of new features that never got released to the beta testing crowd. Terry kept a lot under his hat. I’ll be curious to play it. The dude is clever as hell.

I like Cavanagh games because I think his designs are great, not because they fit into a specific genre, so this looks very much up my alley. Thanks for the info. I’m probably picking this up if I ever manage to finish the new Fire Emblem.