Wallet Threat Level

Bought it and played about 5 hours. It’s pretty entertaining combo of dig-dug and tower defense.

Not much is explained though so you trial and error your way to figuring out how things work.

What I need most is a difficulty setting for easy that gives you more time to mine or doesn’t throw quite as many baddies at you.

This sounds neat- like the train part of a long factorio game, only more puzzle-ish.

I’ve been seeing references to this horror point-and-click game on Twitter and I’m considering pulling the trigger:

I normally like Wadget Eye games, and I guess they’re publishing this but I’m not familiar with the developers.

Weird week. No wallet threats that I know of. Overwatch 2 is a big triple-A release I guess, but I think it’s free to play. And there’s a bunch of famous games coming to the Nintendo Switch that have been out for a while on other platforms. Any wallet threats for you?

Monday (10/3/22):​

• Guardian Tales (Switch)
  • Stellar Monarch 2 (PC)

Tuesday (10/4/22):​

• Overwatch 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • 1428: Shadows over Silesia (PC)
  • Lord of Rigel (PC)
  • Dakar Desert Rally (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)

Wednesday (10/5/22):​

• The Plague Doctor of Wippra (PC)
  • Deathverse: Let It Die (PC)

Thursday (10/6/22):​

• Nier: Automata The End of Yorha Edition (Switch)
  • Youropa (Switch)
  • Josh Journey: Darkness Totems (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Medieval Dynasty (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Triple Take (PC)

Friday (10/7/22):​

• No Man’s Sky (Switch)
  • Superpower 3 (PC)

Go Hello Games!!!

No wallet threats for me though. Nier: Automata is one of my favorite games (probably THE favoritest) but I have no reason to buy it for the Switch.

Is it an actual port, or is it in one of those streaming games on the Switch? Same with No Man’s Sky?

Both are actual ports, and people are reporting both run a lot better than people expected them to. ;)

I only put a few hours into Nier Automata on Xbox One, so I didn’t get to see all of it. It didn’t run that well on the Xbox One so I wouldn’t think a port would run well on Switch, so this is great news, but it mystified me as to why it ran so poorly on the Xbox as it wasn’t some graphical showcase or anything.

Sure, it had some great art design, but it didn’t seem like it should be technically pushing the system as hard as it did. Seemed like performance should have been much better. And I think I actually played it on Xbox One X and it had a ton of slow down/frame drops throughout.

I’ve always loved the idea of the Dakar Rally race. This absolutely huge race across miles and miles of desert. As a fan of the DiRT games, it seems like if it could actually be made into a good game, it would be amazing!

But the 2018 game got really bad reviews for being full of bugs, and being terrible in general, with bad physics. And unfortunately, looking at the Steam reviews this morning, this one is also getting poor reviews for the same reasons. Bah.

Ok, input overload. Way too many games coming out this week, so I’m having trouble focusing here on which might be appealing to people. Maybe the PGA game and NHL game for fans of that sport? The Winter games for fans of the winter olympics? Any wallet threats here for you folks? I suspect there have to be some this week. Also, on the Game Pass front, we’re getting Costume Quest, Eville, Dyson Sphere Program and Scorn this week!

Tuesday (10/11/22):​

• No More Heroes 3 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Coral Island (PC)
  • Super People (PC)
  • One More Gate: A Wakfu Legend (PC)
  • Asterigos: Curse of The Stars (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • PGA Tour 2K23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Eville (XBO, PC, Xbox Series X/S)
  • In Sound Mind (Switch)

Wednesday (10/12/22):​

• TimeMelters (PC)
  • Somber (PC)
  • Stardeus (PC)
  • Undecember (PC, Android, iOS)
  • Unusual Findings (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Lego Bricktales (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Warpips (PS5, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • A Hero’s Rest (PC)
  • Stranded: Alien Dawn (PC)
  • PC Building Simulator 2 (PC)

Thursday (10/13/22):​

• Lost Eidolons (PC)
  • Paradise Marsh (PC, Xbox One, Switch)
  • The Eternal Cylinder (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Sunday Gold (PC)
  • The Darkest Tales 2 (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Cultic (PC)
  • Trifox (PC, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Fueled Up (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
  • WRC Generations (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • The Case of the Golden Idol (PC)
  • GOAL! The Club Manager (PC)
  • Triangle Strategy (PC)
  • Winter Games 2023 (PC, PS5, PS4, XBO, Xbox Serise X/S, Switch)
  • The Last Oricru (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC)

Friday (10/14/22):​

• NHL 23 (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Scorn (PC, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

I’ll probably get this one. Maybe not this week, but at some point. I like the concept… just wanna make sure the execution is good as well. ;)

Bricktales is a red for me, and knowing me I’ll probably go against my better judgment and pick up PC Building Simulator 2 once it goes on sale.

I spent more time on PGA2K21 than any other game last year…so might be trying out the new version.

Thanks for continuing these Wallet Threat posts for all this time, @Rock8man . What I find so interesting is that I never heard about so many of the games. For example, I think Scorn is the only one I know in the latest crop because I thought it might have been an RPG, but nope, so it’s unlikely to be a game I get. Nothing else has made a dent.

How do any games make inroads relying solely on word-of-mouth with no marketing? What an incredibly tough industry to be in.

Maybe this for some folk who don’t have a Switch?

Nothing really there for me though I don’t think.

This came out three weeks ago. Maybe it’s just the physical version out this week?

I’m reinforcing my wallet while waiting patiently for next week’s apocalypse ¬_¬

What’s next week?

Keeping an eye on the reception to Lost Eidolons, which seems like a potentially cool tactics game.

Persona 5 on the switch, amongst other things
(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎