Wallet Threat Level

And Gamepass!

most reviews Ive seen have been positive, but one complained that the equipment choices are boring

Another brutal week for people’s wallets, no doubt. First Game Pass members get the new Plague Tale this week, as well as Persona 5 Royal. Those are probably red hot wallet threats for people without Game Pass. The early GOTY contender Norco, which is on PC Game Pass was supposed to come out for consoles this week but got delay indefinitely. The new Jackbox Party Pack comes out this week. The new Mario + Rabbids comes out this week. The new Ghostbusters game comes out this week. The last two Uncharted games come to PC this week. A new Warhammer 40K I’ve never heard of comes out this week, I’m sure that’s a wallet threat to someone! Vampire Survivors is already a very popular game on Qt3, but it comes out for real this week, hitting 1.0 on October 20th! A new Tales from the Borderlands lands this week, as does the latest Arkham game, but this time without Batman! Wow. Deep Breath. Wallet threat level Red?

Monday (10/17/22):​

• Flat Eye (PC)
  • Terror of Hemasaurus (PC)
  • Destiny’s Sword (PC)

Tuesday (10/18/22):​

• Nitro Kid (PC)
  • Amberial Dreams (PC)
  • A Plague Tale: Requiem (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Them’s Fightin’ Herds (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Marvel Snap (PC)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (PC)
  • Deadlink (PC)
  • Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed (PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO)

Wednesday (10/19/22):​

• The Last Worker (PC)
  • The Last Hero of Nostalgaia (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • The Valiant (PC)
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (PC)

Thursday (10/20/22):​

• Warhammer 40,000: Shootas, Blood & Teef (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Switch)
  • Terracotta (PC, Switch)
  • The Pegasus Expedition (PC)
  • The Tenants (PC)
  • Batora: Lost Haven (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Hell is Others (PC)
  • Vampire Survivors (PC)
  • Park Story (PC, Xbox One)
  • Second Extinction (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 9 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

Friday (10/21/22):​

• Persona 5 Royal (PC, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • New Tales from the Borderlands (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Gotham Knights (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)

This is the big one for me, though I have yet to see what the regional pricing will be. If it is too expensive I might have to wait for a sale. And…

Getting this one for my son, but it’s being payed for by my mother, so no real damage to my wallet. ;)

I looked this up, holy hell, despite the Warhammer name, this looks like it could be a lot of fun. 2D Platformer.

I am deliriously excited about Persona 5! I didn’t think it would come to another console and now I can get it for the Switch AND Xbox.

I also cannot wait for the ports of P3 and P4. Have the original PS2 releases (got them day one back in the day) and got the PSP/Vita P3/P4 Golden and am ashamed to say as big a fan as I am, I have still never finished these games. Continued an old save game on Vita for P3 just before the news of these ports, but now I think I’ll wait to see what improvements if any there are on these new versions.

I would be all over the new not-Batman game if Batman was in it as a playable character.

They had a demo available back over the summer for Shootas, Blood and Teef and it was pretty fun. I’ll probably have to pick it up, but maybe not day one.

Or for people who actually want to own their games (to the extent one ever does with digital games of course). In particular, I do have Game Pass but I won’t be playing Persona 5 Royal on it because I do not at all trust non-Microsoft games of that length to stay on the service long enough for me to finish them.

Oh, I have lots of games that I own that used to be on Game Pass. If I’m already enjoying a game, but didn’t play enough when it was on, I have no guilt over buying it, since it’s the kind of game I want to reward anyway. Especially if it’s short, and I just didn’t have time to play it much while it was on Game Pass. I love rewarding short games with a purchase because I want to play more short games.

Longer games like Persona 5 I’m less likely to reward. I’m not a fan of super long games. But we’ll see. Sometimes they’re so good, I’m willing to overlook that they’re long.

I’m not a fan of long games either, I usually don’t play games to the end I don’t like the setting and esthetics of the Persona games, I don’t remember any of the characters… And yet I’ve finished every one of them.

I have no idea what strange spell is at work there.
I only know that I am about to spend 60 bucks on a game on release, which is yet another thing I never do!

Yeah, if I’m really enjoying a game on GP, I usually buy it anyway to support the developers.

I’ve been using GP more as a sampler, so I will only play something for a bit and either buy it and continue, or move on to something else. Also use it to play games I might already have a physical copy so i don’t have to get the discs out.

This came out today.

This is a “Satirical Souls-Like”. That caught my eye.

This looks insanely promising! 4x with rpg! it looks very slick as well. I don’t buy early access much anymore, but unless someone can harsh my buzz…I’m so getting this today!

Splattercat (though not a 4x player) showed this off yesterday. I thought it looked pretty neat!

Ok, I’m guessing another week where the wallet threat level is red for a lot of folks. The new Call of Duty comes out. The PC port of Sackboy Adventures. The console port of Mount & Blade 2. The Gold version of Resident Evil Village, which I think has 3rd person mode and DLC. There’s a game called Victoria 3, and I’m sure as someone who doesn’t pay attention to that genre, that’s GOT to be a huge wallet threat, probably. Right? Game Pass gives us Gunfire Reborn and Signalis this week, I know nothing about those two. There’s a new Star Ocean game out, I think that franchise had its fans on the PS2. There’s a game called Brewmaster, that’s got to be a honeypot for Qt3. Speaking for me personally, there’s an intriguing game called Charon’s Staircase out this week that’s apparently a first person horror adventure set in a fictional world inspired by 70s Central Europe.

Edit: Oh right, and Bayonetta 3. How could I forget?

Monday (10/24/22):​

• I See Red (PC)
  • Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander (PC)

Tuesday (10/25/22):​

• Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Victoria 3 (PC)
  • Yomawari: Lost in the Dark (PS4, Switch, PC)

Wednesday (10/26/22):​

• Robotry (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

Thursday (10/27/22):​

• Gunfire Reborn (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Signalis (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Dave the Diver (PC)
  • Paper Cut Mansion (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Saturnalia (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Star Ocean The Divine Force (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PC)
  • The Pinball Wizard (PC, Switch)
  • Arkanoid Eternal Battle (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Horse Club Adventures 2 - Hazelwood Stories (PC, Xbox Series X/S, XBO, Switch)
  • Brewmaster (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Moonshine Inc. (PC)

Friday (10/28/22):​

• Bayonetta 3 (Switch)
  • Factorio (Switch)
  • Resident Evil Village Cloud (Switch)
  • Resident Evil Village Gold Edition (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Charon’s Staircase (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Live By the Sword: Tactics (Switch, XBO)

Preordered COD. Gunfire on the 75" will be great. Need to research Vic 3.

An ongoing threat for many years, if past releases are anything to go by… ;)
As much as I loved V2, I’m still waiting for reviews/patches though.

Interested here too, it’s been on my Steam wishlist forever but since I’m more couch-focused these days I’m wondering how well the controller is going to work. And wondering if it gets ported back to PC.

Wait, isn’t that thing in Early Access till the End of Times? It’s been released?

Paradox games are never wallet threats to people that play them and well know you never buy a Paradox game on release.

“A physics-based platformer without a jump button. Walk, jump, climb, and parkour by directly controlling each leg of a confused baby robot.”