Wallet Threat Level

The next Starcom game enters EA, tomorrow. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an Escape velocity-style game.

This is Day 1 for me for sure but it may take a long time to complete and exit EA. I have high hopes for it, the first one was really great.

Oh yes, now that you’ve reminded me, I remember the Blacktail trailer from a previous E3 show or something. It looks very intriguing. I’ll keep an eye out for reviews of that one. It should be out tomorrow.

Blacktail starting off with strong reviews so far.

This week we basically get a break from new releases. So our wallets are safe? Nay. They are in more danger than ever thanks to holiday sales. Wallet threat level Red! Don’t spend too much. You’ll never get through that backlog!

Monday (12/19/22):​

• Them’s Fightin’ Herds: Texas DLC (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Tuesday (12/20/22):​

• Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (PS4)
  • Ravage Road (PC)

Wednesday (12/21/22):​

• Beau & Bow (PC)

Thursday (12/22/22):​

• Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PS4, PS5)
  • Naraka: Bladepoint (Xbox One)

Your gentle reminder that the base game for Them’s Fightin’ Herds is free on Epic today only.

There is a puzzle game that came out today on the Switch, but I can’t make if it’s just a regular streak of levels, or if it’s a Tower of the Sorcerer sort of affair.

As far as I can see, there’s no new releases this week. Your wallets are still under threat due to holiday sales though. Mine has been hit hard this week already.

Just remember, there’s a ton of wallet threats coming in 2023. Save some of that cash for 2023!

Yep! The amount of games being released in January, but more specifically February is crazy!

As far as I can tell, it’s another week with no new releases. I think today might be the last day on a bunch of holiday sales, so if you can hold on to that wallet a little longer, new releases are coming later in the month.

Here’s 50 games, mostly Triple-A games, coming out in 2023.

There is a little release tomorrow : Gravity Thrust on the Switch, inspired by the old computer game. I tried the demo of it (it was strangely pre-released two weeks ago on the japanese eShop), and it plays quire wonderfully. Less than 5 bucks pricetag, from one of those semi shovelware Germany-based publishers.

There’s some new releases this week, but I don’t think many wallet threats. Well, maybe One Piece Odyssey? For folks who can stand that art style. I think it is a game by a well known developer?

Monday (1/9/23):​

• Scrap Riders (PC, Switch)

Tuesday (1/10/23):​

• Path of the Midnight Sun (PC)
  • Flash Party (PC)

Wednesday (1/11/23):​

• Children of Silentown (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Kandria (PC)
  • KartRider: Drift (PC, IOS, Android)

Thursday (1/12/23):​

• Lone Ruin (PC, Switch)
  • Chasing Static (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider (PC, PS4, Switch, Luna)
  • Gatewalkers (PC)
  • Rogue AI Simulator (PC)
  • Terror of Hemasaurus (Switch)

Friday (1/13/23):​

• One Piece Odyssey (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • UnderDungeon (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

This is a @nerdook game, BTW, so it’s definitely on my radar.

The writeup for the game (Rogue AI Simulator) sounds pretty appealing, AND there’s a demo available now to help you make up your mind.

Developer for Rogue AI Simulator here. Happy to answer any questions.
It’s coming out today AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Congratulations on the launch, nerdook!

Thank you, I’m super nervous.

I see your game has a demo, which I am going to give a try next.

Omg, Sim!

Congrats on the launch!

I know it wasn’t the first of its kind or anything, but it was Monster Slayers that kindled my love of deckbuilder games. Great to have you here. (And just realized you aren’t new, so now I feel even sillier than usual)

Thanks!

Yes I’ve always been around… just drifting in and out usually. :p