Wallet Threat Level

Agreed ;)

I guess the biggest releases this week are Assassin’s Creed Mirage for classic AC fans like me, and Cricket 24 and NHL 24 for sports games fans. I haven’t been keeping on the Disgaea series, is the seventh game considered a big wallet threat? Looks like Lamplighter’s League is getting mixed reviews, so that might only be a minor wallet threat (it’s also coming to Game Pass). Darktide is finally coming to Xbox this week on Game Pass as well. And finally, Detective Pikachu Returns seems to be the story straight out of the Pokemon movie I saw a couple of years ago, so maybe that’s a big wallet threat?

Monday (10/2/23):

• Trepang2 (Xbox Series X/S)

Tuesday (10/3/23):​

• Battle Shapers (PC)
  • Scorn (PS5)
  • Silent Hope (PC, Switch)
  • Station to Station (PC)
  • Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless (PS4, PS5, Switch, PC)
  • The Lamplighters League (Xbox Series X/S, PC)

Wednesday (10/4/23):​

• The Fabulous Fear Machine (PC)
  • Worldless (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Hellboy: Web of Wyrd (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)

Thursday (10/5/23):​

• Assassin’s Creed Mirage (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Asterix & Obelix: Heroes (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Bang-On Balls: Chronicles (PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • The Bloodline (PC)
  • Cricket 24 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope (Switch)
  • Folk Hero (PC)
  • Hidden Through Time 2: Myths & Magic (PC)
  • Knight vs Giant: The Broken Excalibur (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Stop Dead (PC)
  • Sweet Dreams Alex (PC)
  • Wargroove 2 (PC, Switch)
  • Forza Motorsport Early Access for Premium edition buyers (PC, Xbox Series X/S)

Friday (10/6/23):​

• Detective Pikachu Returns (Switch)
  • Sword Art Online Last Recollection (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Borderlands 3 (Switch)
  • NHL 24 (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)

I want to play this, but not today. At some indeterminate point in the future though, for sure.

Reviews seem to indicate so, with some reviews saying it’s the best in the franchise, which makes me really curious to try it. I guess it will depend in regional pricing and how intrusive in-game purchases may be. We’ll see.

Ubisoft kind of lost me with Valhalla and even more after the whole “hey, you can’t access the DLC you bought on PC even though you can on console” thing. I might try Mirage one day at a deep discount, but I doubt that. Which is sad because I always loved the Assassin’s Creed games, warts and all.

Mirage is very much on my radar, as someone who misses old school AC, but I’m very interested to see what the reviews are like. In conjunction with Ubisoft’s recent travails and change of direction, it kind of screams rushed money-grab.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Disgaea 7: Universal Prinnyclips

sigh

Against better knowledge (mostly of my own reflexes and willingness to bash my head against boss fights, mind you) I’ve pre-ordered Lords of the Fallen. (13th of October. Yes, that’s a Friday, too.)

According to the devs, you can get all the spells and weapons used by the enemies and bosses. And while I loathe being once again the shortest mob around getting roflstomped by just about everything, I dig the art direction. And the “two worlds” mechanic. So, I want to experience it myself. Watching other people play isn’t my jam, so I’m willing to suffer. Again.

Probably not enough to thoroughly enjoy it, but I will honour the devs efforts. I ended up liking Remnant 2 well enough to play through it multiple times, after all.

I also did get The Legend of Nayuta - Boundless Trails, which released a few days ago. I like Falcom’s stuff, what can I say?

And that’s it for October, barring Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (17th of October) being unexpectedly playable for an early access title that’s bound to be stuck in that state for a while. Eh, hope springs eternal.

I preordered Wargroove 2. Das Tactic really likes it and convinced me to get it.

This came out today? Anyone heard of this? Thief Simulator 2 must be the second game in the series. First one any good?

I tend to ignore automatically any game which got “simulator” in its name!
Unless it brings with “American Truck”, of course.

Activision apparently decided to drop Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 on Steam finally this week, after all these years. So, that was an instant Wallet Threat for me since they also chucked in a 50% launch discount that runs for a week.

Ooblets is now on Steam, after the Epic exclusivity… and it has started this new phase with a hefty 40% discount.

I’m still not over the way the devs handled the Epic exclusivity at the time it was “announced”, so, uh, maybe when it’s on a deep sale and I have nothing similar to play (which is not the case for the foreseeable future).

That is a very strange game. After going through that Steam page, I still don’t grok the game.

Think Stardew Valley meets Pokémon and you won’t be far.

That’s a tough one to grok!

That gets you about 80% of the way there, with the rest coming from a maxed-out “internet-quirky” aesthetic and a card-based (dance) battle system.

I think the biggest wallet threat this week is probably to Souls-like fans, with Lords of the Fallen 2023 coming out this week. Actually, if you’re into VR and getting the latest Meta Quest, that’s probably an even bigger wallet threat. I’m really looking forward to trying Forza Motorsport this week, and setting some times against some Qt3 ghosts. Another potential wallet threat this week is Star Trek: Infinite, which is a 4X game set in the Star Trek universe, I believe.

Tuesday (10/10/23):​

• Forza Motorsport (PC, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Lil Gator Game (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Meta Quest 3 (Hardware)
  • Roblox (PS4)
  • Wild Card Football (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)

Wednesday (10/11/23):​

• The Front (PC)
  • Honkai Star Rail (PS5)
  • Total War: Pharaoh (PC)

Thursday (10/12/23):​

• Company of Heroes Collection (Switch)
  • Haunted House (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Star Trek: Infinite (PC)

Friday (10/13/23):​

• The Grinch: Christmas Adventures (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Lords of the Fallen (PC, PS5, XSX)
  • Transformers: Earthspark - Expedition (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)

WHAT?! This is coming out already?! Whatever it is, I’m getting it, a 4x strategy game is a must-see, even if it’s a reskin of Stellaris. Heck, that might make it even more appealing in the end.

Wallet threat level Red this week. I’m getting Super Mario Bros Wonder for sure, so that’s a big wallet threat for me. I’m sure others are getting Spider-Man 2 this week as well. Any other wallet threats for folks this week?

Monday (10/16/23):​

• Growth (PC)
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)

Tuesday (10/17/23):​

• Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (PC)
  • Diablo 4 Season 2 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Legend Creatures 2 (PC)
  • Sonic Superstars (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • The Caligula Effect 2 (PS5)

Wednesday (10/18/23):​

• Alaskan Road Truckers (PC)
  • Hellboy: Web of Wyrd (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)
  • Slender: The Arrival 10th Anniversary (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC)

Thursday (10/19/23):​

• The 7th Guest VR (PC VR, Quest, PSVR 2)
  • Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • AirportSim (PC)
  • Animal Hospital (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Chaos on Wheels (PC)
  • Endless Dungeon (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Forgive Me Father 2 (PC)
  • The Gap (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 10 (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Operation Valor (PC)
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)
  • Gargoyles Remastered (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
  • Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)

Friday (10/20/23):​

• Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (PS5)
  • Super Mario Bros Wonder (Switch)
  • Slay the Princess (PC)