Wallet Threat Level

My wallet is under medium to high threat this week. First of all there’s the release of Void Bastards, a hybrid game that’s part System Shock, part rogue-like systems randomized game. But my wallet isn’t under major threat there because it will be released as part of Xbox Game Pass.

Layers of Fear 2 might be a decent wallet threat for some people that are into scary games. I don’t know much about the series myself. My major wallet threat this week comes from the fact that the Cricket World Cup (thread) starts this week, and there’s two Cricket games coming out this week to take advantage of my enthusiasm. One is Cricket 19 and the other is Cricket Captain 2019. I have no idea if either series is good, and if either allows me to play the actual World Cup tournament. I’ll have to keep my eye out for reviews. I suspect impressions at Qt3 will be hard to come by.

Monday May 27

• Constructor Plus | PC
  • Monkey Business | Switch
  • Ancient Stories: Gods Of Egypt | PC
  • Railroad Corporation | PC
  • Deep Diving Simulator | PC

Tuesday May 28

• Chime Sharp | Switch
  • Little Friends: Dogs & Cats | Switch
  • Blood & Truth | PS4
  • Layers Of Fear 2 | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul | PC, Mac
  • Lapis X Labyrinth | PS4, Switch
  • Crystal Crisis | PS4, Switch
  • Cricket 19 | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons | Switch
  • Unruly Heroes | PS4
  • Rescue HQ | PC
  • Golem Gates | PS4
  • OPUS Collection: The We Found Earth + Rocket Of Whispers | Switch
  • GoFishing 3D | Switch
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos | Switch
  • Byte Driver | PC
  • Woodboy | PC
  • Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy (standalone expansion to Martyr) | PC *delayed several months
  • SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest | PC
  • Oik Memory: Endgame | PC
  • Gear City Against Chaos | PC

Wednesday May 29

• Draugen | PC
  • Void Bastards | Xbox One, PC
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls | PC
  • DayZ | PS4
  • Terratech | Switch
  • Among The Sleep | Switch
  • Conan Unconquered | PC
  • Vectronom | Switch
  • Happy Words | Switch
  • Deck Box Dungeons | PC
  • Crisis Of The Middle Ages | PC, Mac
  • Artemis: God-Queen Of The Hunt | PC, Mac
  • Blood Will Be Spilled | PC

Thursday May 30

• Anarcute | Switch
  • Ages Of Mages: The Last Keeper | Switch
  • Super Cane Magic Zero | PS4, Switch
  • Outer Wilds | Xbox One, PC
  • Gato Roboto | Switch, PC
  • 30-In-1 Game Collection | Switch
  • Dyna Bomb | Switch
  • Cricket Captain 2019 | PC
  • World Of Myths | PC
  • Retro Pixel Racers | PC
  • Rotatex | PC

Friday May 31

• Crypt Of The Serpent | Switch
  • Mowin’ & Throwin’ | Switch, PC
  • PixARK | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Golem Gates | Xbox One, Switch
  • Trover Save The Universe | PS4
  • Steamworld Quest: Hand Of Gilgamech | PC, Mac
  • Super Arcade Soccer | Switch
  • Warlocks’s Tower | Switch
  • Watermelon Party | Switch
  • Moonrise Fall | PC
  • Beat Your Meat | PC
  • FinalAdventure | PC
  • Ports Of Call: Classic | PC

Saturday June 1

• Zoroastra | PC
  • Random War | PC
  • Mural | PC
  • Glitch Arena | PC

Have they done anything except a database update to differentiate this from 2018, 2017, 2016 etc?

According to their Steam page:

Key features for 2019 include:

• Updates to all domestic systems and 20 over leagues: play updated domestic leagues in India, England, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.

• Player Records for each domestic team: full career records for every team a player has played for.

• Improved match engine: with updates to aggressive batting in OD matches and an additional batting aggression level and target run rate indicator.

• Test Championship: take part in the new test-match championship.

• New South African T20 league: play as one of the six T20 teams.

• Historical scenarios: World Cup and Australia vs England scenarios.

• New database: full database update with over 7,000 players, including improved player generation balancing limited over ability and test match abilities.

• Updated tournament modes: including the new OD World Cup format.

• Added player stats: added records of ducks and career spans for each format.

• Added SLW bowler type: slow-left-arm wrist spinners added to player types.

• Improved contracts: added percentage available for county selection.

• New achievements

• Internet game: improved reliability and more teams to play on-line.

The nice part is both Cricket 19 and Cricket Captain 19 have demos up on Steam. I’ll have to check them out soon. Cricket 19 doesn’t mention the World Cup at all though.

My wallet feels safe this week!

5-27-2019%209-01-17%20AM

Warhammer Inquisitor Prophecy comes out tomorrow, my wallet is definitely not safe from that.

Ugh, I still haven’t finished the base game, why you tempt me @BrianRubin

The base game has been out for a year now, and I haven’t seen any significant sales on it. Hopefully the impressions of the big 2.0 update will be very positive and the game will lure me away from Grim Dawn temporarily.

Me neither, still buying it.

Deep Diving Simulator looks neat, anyone hear anything about it? Love diving games, and would love a more realistic Endless Sea type game. Although it doesn’t look like this is that judging by YouTube videos.

It was 50% off last week. I picked it up, but right now it’s no challenger to Grim Dawn. It’s a great looking game, but a lot of the criticisms are spot on. However, I have been enjoying the game a lot. The WH 40K stuff is really well done.

Oh man, I so wish there was an Endless Sea game that wasn’t stuck on the Wii so that it’s a) in HD, b) not reliant on waggle controls and c) not stuck on a platform I never use anymore.

Speaking of waggle controls.

I think Cricket 19 is a sequel to the fairly well-regarded Ashes Cricket by Big Ant from a couple years ago. Switch version looks tempting, but PC version would allow mod for proper player names & pics (as only Australia and England are licensed)…

Cricket Captain has been going forever (if it’s still the same series that is…) I had first one on the ZX Spectrum. Could be worth a look. :)

If CC19 lets you play a World Cup multiplayer I’ll buy this if we can get a forum game going.

You could take out a second mortgage and pick up Aquanaut’s Holiday for the PS3. There’s a full English translation on the Chinese release, which is why it costs 10 times as much as the Japanese one.

The PS3’s other combat-free animal ogler, Afrika, is getting up there too.

I’d have to pick up a PS3 as well, so it would be yet another console I barely use.

Buying a Demon’s Souls box was a great decision! I mostly use it to play PS1 games. The Vita would be great for it too, if it had L2 and R2 buttons.
Klonoa is really fun, everyone should play Klonoa.

Not a fan of the Souls games and Klonoa sounds like a venereal disease.

I went from not really caring about Conan Unconquered to watching Tom stream it and me going to myself , I DO WANT this.

If this is something you envision on or around your genitals, I’d prefer you kept that between you and your god.