Wallet Threat Level

Oh wow, I remember back when this game was announced right before Apex Legends made a splash by announcing and releasing the same moment, stealing all of Planetside Arena’s thunder, and then I remember this game being delayed shortly after. I assumed the developers simply gave up and canceled the whole thing before going home to get drunk.

If I didn’t loathe playing match-3 games with a controller I would be so totally all over this one. I had so much fun with the PC version years ago, and every sequel, spin off, spiritual successor, and rip-off I tried was a huge mundane let down compared to the original Puzzle Quest.

Maybe I need to check the feature list for this update, but I can’t imagine a GBA game with updated art and graphics to be worth $60.

It looks pretty fancy. Check it out, they made it all 3D, but kept the 2D gameplay. It looks cute.

This is an horrible week to not be paid!
Untitled Goose Game looks absolutely adorable.

It’d better support the touch screen!

Oh yea, now I remember that my Switch can undock. I remember it coming in the box that way a couple years ago. Then I set it in its cradle, where it’s been ever since.

I should have listed that in my list of generic name titles. Though it has a certain unique quality to it because of the “Untitled”, making it not generic. It’s actually a great title. What’s the game about?

Your wildest dreams:

It was teased for a while by gifs posted by somebody involved with the game and I had forgotten about it, until I saw it again.

19th and 20th are a hell of a couple days for indie games. Overland, Sayonara, Mutazione, Goose Game…

Even Inferno 2, which is the weirdest revival. I had thought Radiangames was gone for good, but it seems they aren’t.

I had checked Sayonara Wild Hearts, but had no idea what to think about it!

I have never heard of Overland.

Anybody know what the Ni no Kuni thing? A port of the first game, or a new one?

It’s the port of the first PS3 game, yeah. I’m definitely interested in that based on reviews of the PS3 original. After it hits bargain bins on PS4 or PC of course.

Gameboy Color, not Gameboy Advance. Also it is one of the best Zelda games.

Pfft, the Gameboy Color version was the 2.0, all-DLC-included version of its day! (Except DLC in this case was one extra dungeon and a very, very limited color palette.) 1993 in full greyscale is the only way to go!

(It’s awesome and I probably completed it 15 or 20 times in my childhood, I am more time-constrained than price-constrained on gaming these days… and $60 still feels like too much on some instinctual level for me as well.)

Oh, it’s overpriced, but I feel that way about the entire Switch library.

Oh, man, thanks for splashing cold water on my excitement. I completely forgot about how match-3 gameplay is so intuitively pointer-driven. Well, at least you saved me the $9.99 or whatever.

-Tom

Looking forward to trying this out this weekend, as it’s like a mix of Hotline Miami and SWAT 4.

Sayonara is fantastic.

A single play through is not much over a hour but there are target scores to beat on each level and some riddles to figure out.

I got a 25% off Steam coupon for this, for owning a few of the publisher’s earlier games (which were fine, but nothing special.) Together with the launch discount that makes the game $10.12. I don’t intend to use it.

Damn goose game…I really dont want to spend 15 on this but i know the kid will love playing around with it…but 15 for a few hours…i dunno.

Edit: I have no willpower.

I think we all are in trouble.

It’s FIFA week! And also The Surge 2 comes out this week. And if you own a Switch, it’s also Dragon Quest week, apparently, judging by this release list. Anything jump out at anyone?

Monday, September 23

• Oliver’s Adventures in The Fairyland | Switch
  • Skyrift | PC
  • Mystery Solitaire: Grimm’s Tales 2 | PC, Mac
  • Chronac | PC
  • Applewood | PC
  • Starazius | PC, Mac

Tuesday, September 24

• The Surge 2 | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Contra: Rogue Corps | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast | PS4, Switch
  • Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid | PC