Wallet Threat Level

Well, there’s the big triple A release of Resident Evil Village coming this week. Probably not a wallet threat to me any time soon. I do like to grab RE games when they come down in price just to try them out though. And Dragon Quest Builders 2 comes to Xbox and Game Pass, I’m looking forward to trying that for no additional hit on my wallet.

The release of Olympic Basketball reminds me: oh yeah, the Olympics are still on this year! It’s strange to see an Olympic game that only focuses on one sport though.

Tuesday, May 3

• Sprits of Xanadu | Switch

Wednesday, May 4

• The Colonists | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 | Xbox One

Thursday, May 5

• Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition | PS4
  • Dull Grey | Xbox One
  • Almighty: Kill Your Gods | PC
  • Distant Kingdoms | PC
  • Infernal Radiation | Switch
  • Boris The Rocket | Switch
  • Save Me Mr Tako: Definitive Edition | Switch
  • 2in1 - Application Driver and Serial Killer/Sniper | Switch

Friday, May 6

• Raiden IV x Mikado | Switch
  • Skate City | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition | Switch
  • Farm Manager 2021 | PC
  • CyberHive | Switch
  • Beach Bounce Remastered | Switch
  • Techno Tanks | Switch
  • Poker Pretty Girls Battle: Fantasy World Edition | Switch
  • My Little Fast Food Booth | Switch

Saturday, May 7

• Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition | Xbox One, PC
  • Chroma Quaternion | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Resident Evil Village | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Stadia
  • Flowing Lights | Xbox One
  • Papetura | PC, Mac
  • The Invisible Hand | PC
  • Patch Quest | PC
  • Total Arcade Racing | Switch
  • Blink: Rogues
  • C14 Dating | Switch
  • Ninja Epic Adventure | Switch
  • Super Disc Soccer | Switch
  • Sweets Swap | Switch

Sunday, May 8

• Olympic Basketball | Switch

I was on the fence, but I am thinking about going ahead to have Lady Dimitrescu step on my face and crush my chest cavity with her heels.

So this is a cheap throwaway little game that came out on Steam a year ago. Other games by this publisher include Pac vs Ghosts, which seems like such a blatant ripoff of pacman I’m surprised it exists.

Anyway, I was looking at Olympic video games, and looks like Sega came out with an official game for the coming Olympics that was released last summer.

It looks quite appealing to me. 80 National teams, and sooooo many different sports, including new ones that were added since the game was released, including a climbing sport in February. In April, they were supposed to release the 4x100 relay, but that might have been delayed I think.

The catch? Looks like Sega only released this in Japan.

Damn. Wallet threat level for May is looking bad. I just happened to look in the ‘Coming soon’ section of the Xbox store. Subnautica: Below Zero and Biomutant are must-buys. Mass Effect: Legendary is, too, but I’m OK waiting for a sale there. And a few I’m not completely sold on (but look cool), like Warhammer: Stormground and Necromunda: Hired Gun.

Really? I mean, I get Subnautica but is Biomutant really on your must-buy list? Can I ask why? It looks nice, but I’m not seeing all that much else there.

May for me is (maybe) Biomutant and (maybe) Mass Effect Legendary Edition. June is Scarlet Nexus and Guilty Gear Strive (the latter not a wallet threat anymore, since I preordered it in February or March). For now.

In no particular order: I haven’t played an open world thing in a bit, I’ve read a few articles, watched a few videos. It looks like it had a lot of cool stuff going on, and it has a crazy good sense of style. It might not come together in the end, who knows? But what I’ve seen is intriguing, so I’m on board. I can’t find much in my browser history but a random YouTuber video I watched when they announced the release date a few months ago.

Forgot these were so close. My wallet is nervous.

Well I hope you’ll post some impressions then, because now I am curious.

Again, I’m not sold on either of the GW games. Hired Gun just looks like a goofy fun shooter. Storm Ground I have no idea, other than watching the trailer a few weeks ago. A fun, middle-level tactics thing (smaller than a Total War game, bigger than Xcom or something) in the Warhammer universe could be neat (even if it is in the Age of Sigmar diversion). Both are on sale for pre-order right now for $34 (each) which isn’t quite cheap enough to get me to bite on something I’m hesitant about, but is also cheap enough to kind of lower my expectations and be more forgiving. Hoom.

I also forgot Sunless Skies. Dammit. Stupid May.

Yep, these two along with Hood outlaws and legends game, biomutant and then Chivalry 2 around the corner in early June. There is also that other Warhammer Battlesector game.

This is out now. There’s some kind of “loyalty discount” which means it’s only a bit over a tenner in the UK, so I guess Wallet Threat Level Green even if I do decide to buy it. I assume it’s because I played the demo. Not sure if you can get the discount by playing the demo now.

Mass Effect Legendary is the only thing making me helpless for this may, and my birthday present to myself. The rest, eh…

My own personal wallet might be safe this week, I think. I knew Mass Effect Legendary Edition was coming out this week, but I’m going to wait on that one. I hadn’t realized that the Subnautica sequel was due out this week as well. But I haven’t finished the first one yet, so I don’t need to check out the sequel just yet. Hood: Outlaws & Legends seems like a multiplayer focused game, I think? I haven’t looked much into it for that reason. I’ve never heard of Rift Racoon or Retro Machina. Or most of the other games this week.

Monday, May 10

• Hood: Outlaws & Legends | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • BattleBeasts | PC

Tuesday, May 11

• Base One | PC, Mac
  • The Hand of Merlin | PC

Wednesday, May 12

• Rift Racoon | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • Retro Machina | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Jin Conception | Switch, PC
  • Fire: Ungh’s Quest | Switch
  • Huntdown | PC, Mac

Thursday, May 13

• RWBY: Grimm Eclipse | Switch
  • Space Commander: War and Trade | Switch
  • Lost Ruins | PC
  • Exodemon | Switch
  • Sunblaze | Switch, PC, Mac
  • Death Crown | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Fantasy Tavern Sextet Vol. 3 Postlude Days | PC
  • GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon | PC
  • Connection reHaunted | Switch
  • KASIORI | Switch
  • Rise Eterna | Switch
  • Taxi Driver Simulation | Switch
  • Solitaire Card Games | Switch
  • Super Shape Shooter | Switch
  • Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator | PC, Mac
  • Before We Leave | PC

Friday, May 14

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Subnautica: Below Zero | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Karma. Incarnation 1 | Xbox One
  • Exodemon | Xbox One
  • Rabisco+ | Switch
  • Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind | Switch
  • #Wish Travel, Super Puzzles Dream | Switch
  • Instant Sports Tennis | Switch
  • #1 Anagrams | Switch
  • Bounce Mania | Switch
  • Famicom Detective Club: The Missin Heir | Switch
  • Subnautica | Switch

Saturday, May 15

• Turbo Skiddy Racing | Switch
  • Project: Knight | Switch

Sunday, May 16

• Rabbit Run | PC
  • Brainteaser | PC

Hood: Outlaws & Legends , I watched McMaster stream this for an hour, and it doesn’t look very much fun. :(

Should have been totally PvE.

I thought this was released a year ago. I have this game!

What the heck. Talk about something unexpected. 40 years after, a sequel to a clone XD

I think it’s the Steam release.

What platform did you have it on?

On the Switch, but a friend played it on PC too and he doesn’t have any modern consoles. Uh, that’s mysterious.

Edit: Okay. Two newsposts beneath in their Steam page, the reason is finally listed, it was apparently an EGS exclusive.

Last year we decided to go Epic Games Store exclusive for the PC version.

Re-edit: Ah, my edit beaten by Rock8man actually XD

Looks like it was released on Epic Game Store a year ago.

I guess that fuels the phony lawsuits about Steam’s fictional monopoly, when people list old games as new releases that way. It’s confusing.
Please reach out to that guy and slap his fingers.