The demo for the new WarioWare is really good. Adding dozens of unlockable characters with different ways of moving and interacting with the micro games is a natural next step for the series. As long as there’s enough substance to the game to make it feel like a full release, I’ll pick it up as soon as my budget allows.
True Colors is actually the next Life is Strange game with a new protagonist et al.
True. I think both are coming out. The port and the new entry.
They were going to come out simultaneously, but the remasters were recently delayed.
Arboria gets its full release on Sept 9th - Very much wallet threat if you fancy a third-person action roguelite with excellent Soulsy combat and a Hades-like metaprogression. The setting is weird, bizarre and freaky, and I love that about it. Played a fair bit in EA already, it’s very good.
Thanks for this, added to my wishlist
I was very confused by this as I was thinking it was nowhere near 1.0, but then I realised I was thinking of The Bus. Curious to see how this compares but IIRC the previous one in this franchise didn’t review particularly well.
Easily my most anticipated game release of the year. Not a wallet threat, though, since I preordered a few months ago. ;)
I really enjoyed the trailer for this during E3. But that’s because the trailer was full of whimsy. The actual gameplay being based on dice rolls and such might not appeal to me very much.
Dice Legacy drops on Thursday. Straight to release–no EA–just like in the old days!
I’m intrigued by that one.
Dice Legacy looks interesting - I’ve seen a couple of YouTubes on it.
Tales of Arise I have never heard of but since a couple of you are raving about it, I might need to look into it.
Wow! Arboria aesthetics is giving me a bit of that Sacrifice vibe! Looks great!
It’s the new entry in a series of somewhat niche JRPGs that is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. I haven’t played most of the games in the series, but I played Tales of Zestiria (some serious pacing issues aside, it’s a great game) and Tales of Berseria (that I absolutely, absolutely loved), and mostly because of the latter I’m so excited about Tales of Arise.
There’s a demo for Tales of Arise (not available on PC, unfortunately) that should give you a rough idea of the gameplay. But it’s a series well known for story and characters too (or it wouldn’t be called “Tales of…”), so the demo only shows a very small part of the whole package. Still good to check if it’s something that might interest you, or, in my case, to help pass the time until the actual release. ;)
Oof, what that description doesn’t say is how the base game is one of the most brutal in the genre! Caught me quite off-guard.
The Arrange mode is much friendlier. I am scared to touch the Black variant.
There’s a new game by Arkane Studios coming out on Tuesday! Deathloop is here. Seems like a definite wallet threat. There’s also other games coming out, most of which I haven’t heard of. Most intriguing names go to either Gas Station Simulator, Honey, I joined a Cult, or the punny Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered.
Oh, and also Match 3 adventure. What a name!
- Flaskoman | Xbox One
- Deathloop | PS5, PC
- Cruis’n Blast | Switch
- Colors Live | Switch
- Honey, I Joined A Cult | PC
- Era of Newborns | PC
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town | PC
- Fire Commander | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
- Merek’s Market | PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Flynn: Son of Crimson | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Dustwind: The Last Resort | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
- Mr. Pumpkin 2: Kowloon Walled City | Xbox One
- Titan Chaser | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
- Omen of Sorrow | Xbox One
- Arkan: The Dog Adventurer | Xbox Series X/S
- Between Time: Escape Room | Switch
- Mindcell | Switch
- Timberborn | PC, Mac
- Age of Darkness: Final Stand | PC
- Gas Station Simulator | PC
- Gamedec | PC
- Metallic Child | Switch, PC
- Project Winter | PS4, Switch
- Skatebird | Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac
- The Amazing Circus | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Eastward | Switch, PC, Mac
- Murder Diaries | Switch, PC
- Classic Logical Bundle (4in1) | Switch
- Endless Puzzle Fun Collection | Switch
- Project Winter | Switch
- Bubble Shooter FX | Switch
- Poker Pretty Girls Battle: Texas Hold’em | Switch
- Beyond Enemy Lines: Remastered Edition | Switch
- Elva the Eco Dragon | Switch
- Metallic Child | Switch
- Match 3 Adventure | Switch
- Push-Ups Workout | Switch
- Razion EX | Switch
- WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship | PC
- The Depths: Prehistoric Survival | PC
- Earth Marines | Xbox One
- Tails of Iron | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Dojoran | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Aragami 2 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
- Severed Steel | PC
- TOEM: A Photo Adventure | PS5, Switch, PC
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom | Switch
- Nexomon | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
- Apsulov: End of Gods | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
- Murder Diaries | Xbox One
- Marble Parkour | Switch
- Galactic Invasion | Switch
- Love Colors | Switch
- Song in the Smoke | PS4, PC
- Squabble | Switch
There’s also this, which is what became of the other half of Harvest Moon when the franchise split. Not sure it’s actually any good though!
Story of Seasons is the series the original Harvest Moon team produces. The newer Harvest Moon games are not great.
Also I’m shamed by what I felt interest toward on this list.
My kids have been playing it on Switch and like it!
Severed Steel is likely to be excellent. The demo was great, albeit tough as nails. Hoping the main game ramps things up a little more gently, but it’s all about mastering insane moves in an FPS environment. So you dash along a corridor, jump onto the wall and slide through a window, cartwheel over a table and grab a gun, and shoot three enemies with it while sliding under their bullets. At least, that’s what you’re capable of doing, but it takes a few fails to get a feel for it. When you pull it off, it’s a rush.