Wallet Threat Level

Sable probably would be a wallet threat for me if it weren’t coming to Game Pass.

Let’s claim you’re permanently victim to threats as soon as you subscribe to something!

A rare reverse wallet threat: Not buying this is a threat to MY wallet!

(j/k Not literally. My wallet’s fine. But check out Beast Breaker!)

This one I’m really interested in (even more so after some reviews), but the price for Brazil isn’t exactly as friendly as it is for people in the US. It’s also an Epic exclusive, so I don’t know if I’ll buy it anytime soon. But I will at some point.

I really hope there’s an update for the PC version as well at some point, because I’d love more Death Stranding.

Is that Switch only, or is there a PC version coming at some point?

If On Winter’s Night Four Travelers is probably the biggest threat, as I’m a huge Calvino fan. But I just picked up The Forgotten City so I doubt I’ll be buying anything.

Just get a switch, silly!

My kid already has one, and it’s too expensive to buy a second one for me that I’ll barely use, so I’ll pass. ;)

It’s out on PC and Mac the same day on the Epic Game Store!

This isn’t a wallet threat because I’m pretty sure it’s free. And it’s great, by the way! I played it a couple months ago on itch.io.

I grabbed it on my Switch as soon as it was out (I mean, it looked like Peggle with a little rodent, how is one to resist?!), and merely one hour in, it’s much more involved than I thought. The different gear changing totally the way you play battles is very impressive. If anything, the level of thinking needed reminds more of an old iOS favourite of mine, Magnetic Billiards. To sum up my feeling: when I was rushing blindly Pachinko-like very early, I felt powerless; when I set up combos, Billiards like, according to my gear, I felt unstoppable.
Also the work on the aural aspect is incredible: that’s a perfectly fitting soundtrack.

I was a bit confused very early: the tutorial pop ups lock out the controls, and they will not be dismissed unless you rest on them for a couple of seconds. It took me the second battle to figure it out, I am that slow :0
I’ve experienced some slight performance issue in a beast battle (one with many, many facets) so far. It was a bit sad because it reminded me I was playing a game, not being Daredare Motus’ ancient cousin.

You should advertise it more, @Nightgaunt: if not for that mention and me trying to decypher what you meant in this thread, I’d never have checked this lovely game!

Hey, thank you, @Left_Empty! There’s a thread for the game here! Please share more impressions there, if you’re inclined.

You’re right that a couple beasts can chug a bit on the Switch. We have a patch already submitted to improve the performance. Hopefully it will get approved quickly.

I hope you continue to enjoy it! You’re in Europe, right? I think it should be releasing on the east coast of the US in less than an hour! (Actually, I think the PC version should be available worldwide at that time too.)

Reposted in the proper place, and I feel lucky to be in Europe for once, bewahaha!

Aaaand I bought Sable. ;)

This week’s biggest profile wallet threat is probably the new Amazon MMO New World. FIFA 22 is obviously a wallet threat to a lot of people in the world, but not necessarly Qt3 posters. The new Outer Wilds standalone expansion is barely a wallet threat considering it’s priced pretty low, and is getting great reviews. There’s more intriguing games coming to Game Pass this week like Lemnis Gate, Unsighted and Phoenix Point, that might or might not be a wallet threat to people without Game Pass. Also, it’s not a wallet threat to me anymore, since I bought it on sale last Black Friday, but GhostRunner’s next gen console update is finally here! Woohoo! Now I can actually play it!

Any other wallet threats for you this week?

Monday, September 27

• NYKRA | PC
  • Peachleaf Pirates | PC
  • Festival Tycoon | PC

Tuesday, September 28

• Ghostrunner | PS5, Xbox Series X/S
  • AWAY: The Survival Series | PS5, PS4, PC
  • Chernobylite | PS4, Xbox One
  • Lemnis Gate | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • New World | PC
  • NEO: The World Ends With You | PC
  • Harvest Moon: One World | Xbox One
  • Agatha Christie: Hercule Poirot-The First Cases | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac
  • ConnecTank | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Knockout Home Fitness | Switch
  • Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • In Sound Mind | PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC
  • KeyWe | PS5, PS4
  • Steel Assault | Switch, PC
  • Dandy Ace | Xbox One, Switch
  • Alchemic Cutie | Xbox One
  • G-DARIUS HD | Switch
  • Warp Frontier | Switch
  • Antonball Deluxe | Switch
  • UnMetal | Switch, PC
  • Fantasy Friends: Under the Sea | Switch
  • Concordia: Digital Edition | PC

Wednesday, September 29

• Centipede: Recharged | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Skeletal Avenger | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • A Juggler’s Tale | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Creepy Tales | Xbox One
  • DroneRidge | Switch
  • Meteoroids 3D | Switch
  • DAP | PC
  • Math Classroom Challenge | Switch
  • MADNESS: Project Nexus | PC

Thursday, September 30

• Darksiders III | Switch
  • AlphaLink | Xbox One
  • Astria Ascending | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • The Last Friend | Switch, PC
  • Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Toy Soldiers HD | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Mary Skelter Finale | PS4, Switch
  • Melty Blood: Type Lumina | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Aeon Drive | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Unsighted | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • ExZeus: The Complete Collection | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Demon Skin | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Imposter Factory | PC, Mac
  • Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher - Console Edition | Xbox One
  • Rogue Lords | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • The Eternal Cylinder | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Industria | PC
  • eFootball 2022 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Death’s Gambit: Afterlife | Switch, PC
  • Asdivine Saga | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Space Revenge | PC
  • Xuan Yuan Sword VII | PS4, Xbox One
  • Bubble Bobble 4: Friends: The Baron is Back! | PC
  • The Card Battle: Eternal Destiny | Switch
  • Road Racing: Highway Car Chase | Switch
  • COTTOn 2 - Saturn Tribute | Switch
  • BARRICADEZ ReVisted | Switch
  • Mini Car Racing | Switch
  • Ronister Adventure | Switch
  • Bonfire Peaks | Switch
  • Prepare The First RPG Village ~ The Adventures of Nyanzou&Kumakichi: Escape Game Series ~ | Switch
  • Ludo XXL | Switch
  • Gearshifters | Switch
  • Guardian Force - Saturn Tribute | Switch

Friday, October 1

• FIFA 22 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Stadia
  • Phoenix Point | PS4, Xbox One
  • Blaze and the Monster Machines: Axle City Racers | Switch
  • Colsword | Switch
  • Survival Z | Switch
  • Arvita | PC

I had not heard about Centipede getting er… “recharged”. I never enjoyed the original but I thought it had potential. I wonder how they’re going to handle a modern version?

I’m a little unclear on how this whole ‘wallet threat’ thing works. I thought it was a threat if there was a serious risk of spending money, and the Outer Wilds expansion is as close to a no-brainer as I’ve seen in recent months. But if it’s cheaper, it’s a lesser threat? Do I have that right?

That is correct! Good Game → Higher Wallet Threat. Cheap price point → Lower Wallet Threat.

And good game/cheap price poin → neutral threat?

It’s a no brainer! And I’m happy to finally give those developers some money. I still feel a little guilty getting a top reviewed game like the original for just watching some Xbox E3 stream.