Wallet Threat Level

See you somewhere on Tyria! (not buying the Steam version because, well, you can’t play with a non-Steam account on Steam, for whatever reason - but Steam accounts can play with non-Steam accounts, so we can play together anyway)

I have this problem, whereas if something isn’t on one of the big digital thingies like Steam…I forget I own it. So while I own one of the expansions, I completely forgot about it. Having it all on Steam will for me, help me remember to actually play it.

If it was not on Gamepass, Midnight Fight Express would have been a major wallet threat.

Is it any good on PC? I don’t have a controller. Looks like a button smasher.

Not sure about PC. I play on xbox with controller.

It is very intense action. I have to take breaks because my fingers get sore.

I’m still pondering whether to get Saints Row. Meanwhile, there’s a barrage of great looking titles coming to Game Pass this week. And other interesting looking titles too. I’ve been really looking forward to Tinykin since I played the demo a while back. If you haven’t played The Last of Us yet, it’s one of the best games of all time, so you should get to it this week.

Tuesday (8/30/22):​

• Destroy All Humans 2 - Reprobed (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • F1 Manager 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Tinykin (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • ORX (PC)
  • ZOR: Pilgrimage of the Slorfs - Steam Early Access (PC)
  • Immortality (Xbox Series X/S, PC, IOS, Andriod)
  • Back 4 Blood expansion 2 - Children of the Worm (PC, PS, Xbox)
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite: Pathogens (DLC) (PC, PS, Xbox)

Wednesday (8/31/22):​

• Beyond the Wire - official launch (PC)
  • Dusk Diver 2 (PS4, PS5, Switch)
  • Scathe (PC)

Thursday (9/1/22):​

• JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle R (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Gerda: A Flame in Winter (PC, Switch)
  • Mythbusters: The Game (PC)
  • Onsen Master (PC, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Chenso Club (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • The Dragoness: Command of the Flame (PC)
  • Ooblets (XBO, Switch, PC)

Friday (9/2/22):​

• The Last of Us Part 1 (PS5)
  • Lego Brawls (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC)
  • Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness (PS4, Switch, PC)

I’m intrigued by this one. Her Story was better than I expected, so I’ll play this one at some point, though I haven’t played Telling Lies yet (in part because it wasn’t as well received). We’ll see.

I don’t think the PC version is coming out yet. Hopefully I am wrong and they plan to release it soon though!!

It definitely isn’t. I’d be excited about that too.

You’re right, it’s PS5 this Friday, and still in development for PC. I changed it.

I found out Back 4 Blood’s second expansion comes out tomorrow, (trailer), so I added it upthread.

I hope Destroy All Humans 2 comes to Game Pass like the first one did. Those games a lot of fun, but I don’t really feel the need to threaten my wallet over them.

Aliens Fireteam DLC comes out today as well :)

I was excited for this one, but Steam reviews and a $55 price are making me hesitant. The impression I am getting is that it is flashy with little depth. Stick with Motorsport Manager.

I’m three breathless hours into this one and it is shockingly good. I can’t recommend enough going in blind.

@Misguided pointed out Railbound (track bending puzzle game) and Circus Electrique (turn-based story-based circus management based RPG) in the indie thread, those both sound like they could be a threat to my wallet. I believe Disney Dreamlight Valley is coming to Game Pass, though I have no idea what it is. Of course there is Splatoon 3, which is going to be a huge wallet threat for Switch users for years to come since it likely won’t come down in price for years. The new NBA 2K games comes out. And what I’m sure is the long awaited sequel to Betrayal at Kondor comes out, judging from the name.

Tuesday (9/6/22):​

• Railbound (PC, mobile)
  • Temtem (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Disney Dreamlight Valley (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Biomutant (PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Rocksmith+ (PC)
  • Circus Electrique (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition (PS5, PS4)

Wednesday (9/7/22):​

• Nine Noir Lives (PC)
  • Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)

Thursday (9/8/22):​

• Roadwarden (PC)
  • BPM: Bullets Per Minute (Switch)
  • Rift Sweepers (PC)
  • Hyperviolent (PC)
  • Tower Princess (PC, PS4, Switch)
  • Justice Sucks (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Steelrising (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Block’Em! (PC)
  • Jack Move (PC)

Friday (9/9/22):​

• Splatoon 3 (Switch)
  • Betrayal at Club Low (PC)
  • Broken Pieces (PC)
  • NBA 2K23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)

Hey wait a minute. Steelrising? Was that the Bloodborne-like where you play as a doll atomaton? Wallet threat level rising! Luckily I haven’t finished Elden Ring yet, so my wallet is safe again.

Yup45

The Zachtronics Solitaire Collection comes out today as well, and along with Circus Electrique they will conquer my wallet! Both are actually pretty cheap, so it’s not any huge damage, but still. ;)

Lots of intriguing names out this week, though I have no idea if they are actual wallet threats for people or not. Game Pass gets a couple of entries that I’m looking forward to trying, like You Suck at Parking and Metal Hellslinger. Other intriguing games this week include The Wandering Village (how does a Village wander?), Blind Fate, Wayward Strand, Dystopian Army Builder, and Hidden Through Time.

Monday (9/12/22):​

• Kitsune Zero (PC)

Tuesday (9/13/22):​

• Isonzo (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Sunday Gold (PC)
  • Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden (PC, PS4, Switch)
  • SCP: Secret Files (PC)
  • Lovecraft’s Untold Stories 2 (PC)
  • Little Orpheus (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • XIII Remake (Switch)
  • WW1 Isonzo (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, XBO)
  • Fallout 76: Expeditions: The Pitt expansion (PC, PS4, XBO)
  • Freedom Planet 2 (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)

Wednesday (9/14/22):​

• You Suck at Parking (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S)
  • The Wandering Village (PC)
  • Family Man (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Q.U.B.E. 10th Anniversary (PC, Xbox Series X/S)

Thursday (9/15/22):​

• Metal: Hellsinger (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S)
  • Fractured Online - Steam Early Access (PC)
  • Grid Force - Mask of the Goddess (PC)
  • Despot’s Game: Dystopian Army Builder (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Blind Fate: Edo No Yami (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Wayward Strand (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
  • Ultimechs (PC VR, Quest 2)

Friday (9/16/22):​

• Hidden Through Time: Definitive Edition (PS4, Switch)