War for the Planet of the Apes - Hairy Gollum versus Larry Flynt

I’m about 20-some minutes from the end of this. It’s been pretty great. Heart of Darkness via Apocalypse Now continues to inspire some great stories.

Is the series titled “War for the Planet of the Apes”? Or just the last movie? Which movie is the first in the series? Thanks.

Rise->Dawn->War

Dawn is the one I tried watching recently. But there’s long sequences where the Apes talk to each other in sign language or something, and I didn’t have access to subtitles, so I couldn’t take it anymore. I had no idea what was going on in the movie.

They were talking about you behind your back.

I knew it. Those damn dirty apes.

That was one hell of a setup. Nicely played.

I watched this yesterday. And I didn’t enjoy it.

The movie had potential, but then it turned into a prison break movie, and not a great one. Seeing Woody Harrelson was a nice surprise (now I understand the title of this thread, pretty cool to keep it cryptic like that in order to be spoiler free).

Just a weak ending to the trilogy overall. The fight between soldiers who wanted to keep humans smart vs soldiers who thought they could find a cure for that was very underdone. And it kind of sucked that at the end, the apes didn’t even do a sweep of the area to see if the latter human soldiers could be rescued from the snow.

Also, that whole time Woody Harrelson was building a wall made of gas and flammable material? What an idiot. Must be an early onset of the disease.

LOL Woody Harrelson being in the movie is not a spoiler. It’s not like they kept him out of trailers or off the movie posters. It was well known ahead of time. You just never noticed.

I avoid trailers and posters. So it was not an accident. I like being surprised by the casting.