Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I’ll check if we have space for two tomorrow if thats ok, can you PM me your char names, i think clan invites can be sent offline?

Just to be sure, since this was the first time I used PMs with Discourse - I sent the message with details yesterday.

Yup, invite sent now :-)
Was easier to do than I thought, we had 4 slots free :P

Been playing Ivara for a few days now and she’s great. It’s so easy to solo lvl 50 missions when you have permanent stealth. I also bought the Infiltrate mod because I do a lot of spy missions so it seemed worth it - and it is! The headshot damage bonus on Prowl is also quite significant and works wonders solo because you get in close to steal loot anyway. For now this is my ‘main’ frame and I don’t see it changing any time soon.

Also, mastery challenges are great (just aced the 9th, which incidentally was stealth focused). I wish the game had more of these in missions, like the challenge rooms on Lua or Spy mission Pavlov (also Lua). Those require some actual platforming skills and are a nice upgrade from the classic spy missions, especially once you memorize them.

Glad you enjoy it, didn’t have time to play much this week, what with LOTRO event ongoing. Hopefully time to do some playing this weekend.

Check out this:

With:

I have a regular Dark Dagger with that setup ;). I thought about getting the mod that adds Blight (with energy restore) to it but apparently it breaks stealth or causes irradiated targets to be shot at by his buddies? Apparently it’s a great way to suicide yourself by proxy in high level content.

I used to play with the energy restore ‘mod’ on one weapon or another for a while, but replaced with the Focus ability that gives you constant energy restoration once you activate the ‘5’ ability.

That doesn’t work with toggled abilities though. And I frequently stay in stealth for the entire mission on Ivara so I don’t have much time for regen. I use Siphon because it’s great at the start of the mission (on this frame) so I can get some extra energy before I start fighting. Plus I can plop down a cloaking arrow and regen if needed.

Best intro for a quest in a long time?
Introducing the Corpus chairman Frohd Bek, introducing the Ambulas Reborn.

GROFIT!

I think I got most of the frames that I was really interested in now. Pretty happy with them - Ivara, Nidus, Inaros and Equinox are all very strong and fill different roles. Equinox ended up being a huge surprise, I had no idea it would be this versatile. I’m constantly switching between Maim and generalist (peaceful provocation) spec, depending on mission level and type. Nidus is fantastic for any mission that takes more than 5 minutes or for weapon specific sorties, if you happen to lack an upgraded firearm in that particular category. Inaros is my go to frame for most nightmare missions because of his cc, sustain and ability to ignore energy drain, as long as enemies are around. Ivara is still my number one choice if I want to just breeze through a mission - especially now that I got a Sancti Tigris which deals INSANE damage. Love this gun.

But mostly I’m happy about how active the trading is in this game, I managed to sell about 1k platinum worth of goods so far, which allowed me to buy some cool mods, weapons and even cosmetics.

Nice. Figured the trade was nice, never really used it much outside of my clan. I guess I could make a few plat seeing as I probably have around 2-4 of every “vaulted” prime piece there is. Just don’t want to sell it too low :)

New Prime!

OBERON!

Which means, new melee, primary and secondary guns to collect as well!

And some stuff got vaulted.
Ash Prime 05/30/2017 Warframe
Carrier Prime 05/30/2017 Sentinel
Vectis Prime 05/30/2017 Weapon (Primary)

This prime vaulting came at the worst possible time. I got so much into singleplayer rpgs again that I haven’t logged into WF for 2-3 weeks, lol. Ah well :(

I’ve been playing a lot of Warframe lately, but I’m still far from the “endgame”. Just made Gold Novice (6), still unlocking Ceres, and plenty of weapons and warframes to level. Loving pretty much every minute of it. ;)

They normally make the stuff available again further down the line, but you’ll have to buy it with plat.

I’m 3 Primes behind having all of them I think (or 4 if you count Excalibur) so still a lot to do.

Despite all this playing, I still haven’t gotten one of those “cat” companions. Kava?

You’re not missing much. Mine looks like it was rode hard and put away wet. I colored it black in the hope that it would at least look a little menacing.

So when I was checking out Keystone, I saw ‘from the makers of Warframe’ and decided to give Warframe a look. I thought it was a different game (although I can’t recall what the other game is called now).

More importantly, I’m hooked. Warframe is a complete riot. Something about the flowing movement really gets me, to the point that I would say it’s as good a ninja game as Mark of the Ninja (though it comes at the genre from a different direction).

I almost have my starter frame (Mag) to the maximum level, and I have an Orthos ready and two Grakatas to turn into twin Grakatas once I have the cash. Grindy though I can see it becoming, I have enough fun with the game that I don’t think it’ll feel like much of a grind to me.

I want it mostly for the Codex unlocks :-)

I’m trying to get some of my friends into Warframe but for some reason it doesn’t click.
They like GTAV, CODBLOPS, Overwatch, Grand Theft Auto Bolivia AKA Ghost Recons with Shitty Helicopter controls.
But Warframe… they played 1 map and decided “this game sucks.”, another guy who loved Quake games said he wouldn’t play it because it was “free to play” so it automatically sucked.

I need to get new friends.

So I decided to go on a void fissure mission yesterday. Full 4-player squad. We start, all is OK, I unlock a couple relics, things are getting harder. When they start getting too hard, I tell the other guys we should extract.

They ignore me.

So I’m basically forced to stay for another 4+ waves. Not only I killed more enemies than the other 2 guys combined (one guy left on the 4th wave or something), I had to revive them at least 5 times each. And all the time I’m saying “extract, it’s getting way too hard, you’ll lose everything”. They ignore me.

So I did what I should have done before - I went to the extraction area alone and stayed put there. They both died a couple more times and then rushed back. Only one of them made it (and even I barely survived because some enemies made their way to the extraction area and my bullets barely made a dent on them).

So yeah, I remembered why I avoid fissures. Sigh.

They should add a feature to the game so you can ‘solo extract’. They should also make it so that players above a certain “MR” can join missions that are past the 5 minute/wave thing to replace ‘quitters’.

Discord just told me I have 20% of the replies in this thread and should let others post instead.