Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I potatoed my Dread yesterday and slapped on some more dmg mods (still missing a few) but the damage is already ridiculous. This is still at low level mind you (around 25-35) but I’m able to comfortably oneshot most mobs. I’ve seen red crits go up to 45k.

I was also amazed at how much more comfortable the missions became again after the switch to a silent weapon, much much easier to manage solo.

Are there any newbie friendly clans in WF? Something like Eve University in Eve Online?

Do not really know. There is some advertisement for clans in the public channels. I joined one by random a few years ago and have been with them since. We are around 90 or so people in this clan, some more active than others (as always). I guess the most newbie friendly with ours is that we have everything researched, so you can join and get all the recipes that are locked to clans. We also have an awesome name, logo and a great Dojo that seems to get a new room added every week. - Someone is very industrious when I’m offline.

There are probably some fairly big clans out there that can have more organized groups and probably do the 8 man raids together. I suppose you can check the official Warframe forums, or just ‘lurk’ ingame in the chat and look for a big clan.

Silenced guns helps a lot, I used to play solely with a bow in the past. You could get some pretty nice crits going. There is also a mod for daggers that let you do a finisher move that kills anything if you get behind them through stealth (or cloaked for Loki and some other frames).

1100 hours played now. still more to do :)

This is my favorite movement skill in any game ever. Only found out about it yesterday, can’t believe I played almost 40h without it.

She’s quite powerful actually, and the way they’ve blended the gameplay with the music makes her pretty much the best implementation of a “Bard class” in any game ever, in a way. (The best Bard before, IMHO, the one in Vanguard, had an interesting “music” system, but it was all abstraction; other games have music you can make, but not as part of the gameplay, so far as I’m aware. Octavia brings those two elements together, the gameplay and actual music, in a fun way.)

However, as someone quipped on the forums, don’t expect FL Studio 12. The music system is extremely basic and is limited to simple drums, and a bass and melody, both restricted to a pentatonic scale of one octave. There are several “instruments” (rudimentary sample sets, which naturally cost plat, and I’m sure there will be more to come). But it’s something, and it’s something nobody’s ever done before in this kind of context, because the gameplay involves you actually timing your strikes, shots and crouches, to your music, wot you made up, to get fairly substantial buffs (invisibility, a fairly chunky stacking multishot buff, and I forget what the melee buff is). The rest of her gameplay is comprised of Vauban-like drops, the Mallet, which does hefty DoT damage, the Resonator, which is a ball that rolls around and gets mobs to follow it (the Resonator can pick up the Mallet to roll around causing chaos and damaging mobs), and the Amplifier, a huge AoE field that “amplifies” the damage of the Mallet. Plus, you also radiate a field of concentric circles (which are timed to the melody you made, and are what you have to time your shots, strikes and crouches to) that has a decent armor buff.

There are already complaints of course, about the limited nature of the music system, but I think given the limitations DE did a pretty good job, and as a Frame, she’s quite stronk.

The quest is fun too, especially the imaginative last mission.

Cool. :) Think I spent more than 40h to find out the old movement system. But yea, you can save a lot of time and get a lot of speed up by timing your jumps, rolls, slides and whatnot.

Back in the old days you basically ‘had’ to have some melee weapon equipped do be able to “helicopter” around the map, the new “Parkour 2.0” system made movement a lot easier. You can try jumping on top of mobs heads to jump around faster as well as using the walls etc. :-)

Got a bunch of movement around this part:

Spoiler, its from Octavia quest line.

Try holding your right mouse button while flying to slow down, you can also use it to ‘grapple’ walls to slow down or stop even more.

Edit: Hmm, looks so much better on Youtube than Twitch.

I’ve already figured out most of the movement tricks and was previously using jump + RMB to get across larger gaps but somehow I overlooked the twister :).

How active is the trading these days? And what would be the easiest content to run for a new player so I can get drops to sell? I was thinking of chaining spy missions since I enjoy doing them and they give relics which I can then run to get prime parts.

Not really sure as I only trade with clan members where we usually give stuff for free or very cheaply, but I think it is very active, especially if you can do the daily missions and get riven mods etc. Heard one of the guys bought a mod for 400 plat which is a bit.

I guess Spy would be a good idea since a lot of people have a tendency to fail on those, and they give some nice mod rewards. Other than that there is the “new” void system with all the various keys you can use… I kinda liked the old system more, at least there were less keys and combinations to worry about, even though the loot was random. At least on the old system you could use one key and get 40-60 minutes of loot, instead of having to use a new key every N-th minute to have a chance of anything.

Toyed around a with with my Volt Prime now. WIth the right group setup it seems like a really nice frame to bring to Survival. Me and a Nekro were standing in a doorway with the shield up and just slaughtering everything that came towards us, before the nekro desecrated for extra loot. We never ran out of air, and nothing could get close enough to us to be a problem. With 1-2 extra ranks on the vacuum mod on my sentinel I wouldn’t even have to move out of the shield to pickup loot/air even. Might be a bit boring I suppose, but at least it is quick and easy farm :)

Edit:
Gonna try out my WAR today, new melee weapon with 20% crit chance and 25% status chance or something like that, could be fun. Even though the Jat Kittag makes mobs fly everywhere… even though it doesn’t kill them, they’re “flying” and not shooting.

Had a good run with my Mag yesternight, on a level 18-20 Survival mission. Warframe is a lot more enjoyable when the mobs can actually be killed with weapons, so you can try “fun” guns and not always have to use the ‘perfect’ one.
Linked in video : https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=S7xSBiIFmFw&t=3120

I switched to heavy melee (Galatine) again yesterday when I had to do a few missions to unlock the Uranus - Neptune relay and it was a a pretty jarring transition after playing with the ranged weapons for so long (I did max out Galatine before so I had previous melee experience). I don’t know how some people can go full time melee in this game. Don’t get me wrong, the system is actually really great and offers quite a bit of depth, especially once you factor in stance mods but I find guns to be much more fun.

Other than that - been running Rhino for the last few days and it’s an amazing frame, I love the Iron Skin.

And as much as I love the game, some parts are equally infuriating. Weak points the size of a single pixel on a boss that moves around really - a real nightmare to take down solo with the bow. Or, as I found out yesterday, Battalysts. Fuck those guys.

edit: What would be the best place to use my Focus Lens on? I’m thinking of putting it on Dread since it’s the best weapon I have and the two frames that I’ll likely use in the near future (Rhino and Loki) don’t have many offensive abilities.

From reading a bit I believe the best place to use the first focus lens is your frame, if you have abilities that affect mobs or buff team mates; since your weapon will only give the bonus when you use that weapon.

Some frames excel at melee, and once mobs are higher level normal weapons will no longer work from my understanding, but melee will still work, and beyond that, it is mostly abilities (like level 100+ mobs).

Yea, some bosses are annoying, especially if you are soloing. Not much you can do I guess, later on you can get a Helios Sentinel with a target scanner that will identify weak points that you can hit that give extra damage. Check in one of the space stations and there will be a npc that gives you a quest to scan targets etc.

If this is your first focus lens, I recommend putting it on Loki or Loki Prime. The xp multiplier for stealth kills applies to focus xp as well, making it a great way to improve focus abilities. There’s a syndicate mod tor Loki that silences any weapon while invisible, which can let you do fun things like making stealth kills with AoE weapons.

Have never used the hushed myself, since I mostly used silenced weapons already (Bow + Throwing Stars) but seems like it could be a lot of fun to use a grenade/rocket launcher type weapon.

You get the mod from Syndicate reputation, or through Trade. (I have 4 Syndicates at maximum allowing me to trade 1:1 most of the stuff with the 2 syndicates that hate me).

Great tip on the XP Multiplier J_Thomas, here’s some extra text from the wiki regarding this.

> Killing unaware enemies will trigger a Stealth Kill Affinity Bonus, which increases the amount of affinity that a player gains from killing said enemy. A notification appears in a player’s HUD to the left of the shield counter upon performing a stealth kill, which will display the bonus affinity value for that kill, as well as the time remaining for the combo. The default bonus affinity value is 100%, which can be increased by performing a subsequent stealth attack within 30 seconds of the previous one, which will add another 100% to the bonus value. Stealth kill affinity bonuses can be initiated using any attack as long as the enemy is unaware of the player’s presence, though melee weapons grant twice the amount of stealth kill affinity compared to ranged weapons or abilities.

Got my Octavia today, not really sure I like it yet, but hard to tell when I’m level 9 with the frame and fighting level 40 mobs that oneshot me :P

I got my Loki to 30 today and it’s amazing. My favorite frame so far, but I also unlock Ivara in about 12h so I’m curious to see how the two will compare.

I also have my sights set on Inaros and Nidus as possible replacements for Rhino.

@instant0: is that clan offer still open? One of my friends has started playing again recently (he has about 1100h logged) and we’re both looking for a clan with well developed dojo and possibly people to run group content with.

I’ll check if we have space for two tomorrow if thats ok, can you PM me your char names, i think clan invites can be sent offline?

Just to be sure, since this was the first time I used PMs with Discourse - I sent the message with details yesterday.

Yup, invite sent now :-)
Was easier to do than I thought, we had 4 slots free :P

Been playing Ivara for a few days now and she’s great. It’s so easy to solo lvl 50 missions when you have permanent stealth. I also bought the Infiltrate mod because I do a lot of spy missions so it seemed worth it - and it is! The headshot damage bonus on Prowl is also quite significant and works wonders solo because you get in close to steal loot anyway. For now this is my ‘main’ frame and I don’t see it changing any time soon.

Also, mastery challenges are great (just aced the 9th, which incidentally was stealth focused). I wish the game had more of these in missions, like the challenge rooms on Lua or Spy mission Pavlov (also Lua). Those require some actual platforming skills and are a nice upgrade from the classic spy missions, especially once you memorize them.

Glad you enjoy it, didn’t have time to play much this week, what with LOTRO event ongoing. Hopefully time to do some playing this weekend.

Check out this:

With:

I have a regular Dark Dagger with that setup ;). I thought about getting the mod that adds Blight (with energy restore) to it but apparently it breaks stealth or causes irradiated targets to be shot at by his buddies? Apparently it’s a great way to suicide yourself by proxy in high level content.