Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

Their wiki page is quite extensive and up to date with any new patch/event.

I’ve probably thrown in a few hundred$ over the years, think I’m near 1500 hours played though.
But the game seems perfectly playable without spending any coin, although i’d recomend at least getting some plat (you can sell some items you find to other players for plat also) just to be able to have more stuff in your inventory.

Only MR 22 and missing a bunch of frames/weapons, they keep adding new ones before I can collect the others.

So by buying slots you guys mean inventory slots?

Slots as in, you’re able to have more warframes and more weapons. Not equipped at once, but available in your arsenal to equip for a mission.

Say you only have six Warframe slots. If you try to build/buy a 7th, you won’t be able to without first getting rid of one of your previous warframes. Or you can buy another Warframe slot for 10p.

I have a few hundred hours in the game, MR 13, and have probably spent $80. I always wait for the 75% off coupon that you can receive as a daily log-in reward.

I agree with everyone else, first use Platinum to buy slots. Like a number of players I buy platinum to support the devs more than because I need it to progress in the game. Most of the platinum purchases I make are cosmetic. A fish tank for my Orbiter, I want my dog to be green… that type of thing.

The game is the grind, if you spend plat to bypass the grind you end up bypassing the game.

Only thing you need to spend platinum on is slots for weapons and frames. That’s it. Everything else, you’ll just be paying to skip content, or investing in fashion-frame.

The weapons/warframes they sell in the store or through Prime usually come with slots, so if you buy the max prime pack you get slots for it, the gear, and a lot of Plat to spend on more slots. I think I have bought 2 or 3 prime packs in the years I’ve played.

Also think you can get some freebies by ‘watching’ Twich Streams of the game, as well as linking Warframe with Twitch Prime.

New Update today.

Kinda like how they introduce patches…

AND there’s no downtime, unlike some other big $ GunMMO… coughDestinyCough

So yeah…new game mode is fun, but the rewards are worthless. Par for the course in Warframe, really.

The simulacron thing? Wasn’t the previous version more like a ‘advanced’ dps check room than anything else?

I think Simulacrum is still there, this is more like an arena with a timer.

Ait, but following the same concept as the simulacrum where you’d select enemy type, or this just an arena with random enemies?

I miss the arena/horde mode fights from HALO: ODST I think it was, or GOW3. Arena, endless waves, ability to build some defenses. Could play that for hours. (and did… as well as ME3).

Rewards are bad you say? Without the chance of Prime pieces or rare crafting mats, I’d agree.

It is more like a horde mode, each zone has a predetermined enemy type (infested -> grineer -> corpus, etc) and their level keeps going up. Your goal is to keep the efficiency meter as high as possible and progress as far as you can through different zones, raising your overall score in the process. Enemies spawn very frequently in the beginning and then in drops off around wave 5 or 6, at least solo, haven’t tried it in team yet. There are two difficulties, standard and elite, on eltie enemies start at level 70, by wave 6 they’re at ~110 I think.

Considering this is basically their answer to players wanting more endgame content it feels very underwhelming.

Guess it could be the new XP grind spot then. Provided they let people drop in-out of the same game regardless of how far you’ve progressed. Always hated how that worked in the game, you reach wave 20 and someone drops, leaving you a man short but the difficulty isn’t adjusted.

Finally got around to doing the Eidolon stuff today, but with a twist - I went solo. Right now with somewhat mediocre eidolon killing gear I can kill 3 per night, which isn’t too bad. My only goal is to get enough shards to eventually max out quills.

Update 23 was released yesterday featuring a new quest: The Sacrifice.

As ever, a new cinematic quest is enough to get me back in.

One of the nice quality of life changes for the frames with exalted weapons (Excalibur, Mesa, Titania, among others) is that there’s now a separate ‘weapon’ in the arsenal for exalted weapons. No longer do you have to waste a real weapon slot with mods appropriate to your exalted weapon.

In particular, I like this for Mesa—now I can bring along the speed Twin Grakatas to charge ballistic battery, without giving up damage and crit for the Regulators.

Wow, that is a great change!

The dialog choices in the new cinematic quest are well done, in that they hit the design goal I feel like they missed in some of the previous ones. It isn’t good, meh, evil; it’s action, balance, serenity.

Announced for Switch at TennoCon

Signed on to the Twitch event just for the free warframe. Ended up watching it… The expansion looks great - quite ambitious considering how ‘small’ the game felt when it first came out. And the song they had in the video was amazing. Worth checking out for that alone!