Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I’ve been one of those playing this a lot lately. If anyone want’s to do missions together I’m marxeil there as well.

Regarding mastery rank, I’ve only recently realised that XP is only earned when equipment is being ranked up during missions, so to rank up mastery you need to create new equipment to use, or change polarity on maxed weapons which will cause it to unrank and allows you to gain XP through it again.

As said above, you need to gain mastery ranks in order to unlock (higher level?) weapons.

As far as I know, you only get mastery XP for the first time through a weapon.

New equipment only, relevelling doesn’t gain XP for Mastery.

I checked a video about it.

Skill kills only give XP to the frame. Weapons kills give power to the weapon and the frame.
Weapons XP is shared by all weapons, even the ones on top level, so if you have a maxed XP weapon and not using it, you are wasting XP.

anyway with so many weapons, maybe doing that would not make sense for us newbies.

Weapons are locked behind mastery ranks, but I wouldn’t think of them as higher level weapons (i.e. statically superior). Historically, some of the best meta weapons for long stretches of time have had low mastery rank requirements. I haven’t played since their last balance pass so things may have changed a bit, but just don’t expect a weapon to obsolete another just because it has higher MR. A higher Mastery rank gives you a lot more options to play with in terms of weapon selection and some other perks, though.

This is not the case, you can only get max 3k mastery per weapon, regardless of how many times you forma it.

The recent rebalancing moved good weapons higher up the MR requirement list and less good weapons lower down, but still, there’s no weapon you can’t mod to be useful all the way to the end of the star chart.

Is there a Qt3 guild on the PS4 at all? I’ve tried a couple times to get into this but there are so many resources & systems at all that it’s tough to take it all in.

I guess that’s why I’m stuck in MR6 for so long. As I said, I just recently figure they were connected :(

Thanks, Fish! That balance pass came out right after I finished my latest binge session with Warframe, so I couldn’t recall the details.

Can you still use a Hek as a newbie? Yes? Get the faction mod for it, multi shot, damage, weapon to carry you to end game.

This is partly correct.

When you gain xp from killing an enemy:

If you killed the enemy with a frame ability, then the frame gets 100% of the xp.

If you killed the enemy with a weapon, then the weapon gets 50% and the frame gets 50% of the xp.

When you gain xp from other activities, such as hacking or completing bonus objectives, or when a teammate earns xp and is in affinity range, then the xp is split among your frame and all equipped weapons. For example, if you have a full loadout, the xp is split 25/25/25/25%. If you only have a primary weapon and a melee weapon equipped, then the frame and weapons each get a third of the xp.

XP mechanics are a bit complicated. It’s important to understand them later on, but for someone just starting out, don’t worry too much. It’s good to know, but not vital.

So, anybody have any idea if a bonus from Twitch will stay there indefinitely until you link an account to it? I haven’t played Warframe in a few years, and since I won’t be able to use my pc account on Switch, I thought it might be fun to have Trinity Prime for that account if I want to dabble with it

August 12th is the deadline, looks like. There are other bundles coming after that though…2 Gear bundles and a weapon bundle.

No, the prime day bundle runs through Aug 11, but Trinity Prime runs through October 16. But I presume that’s the date it is available to claim the reward. It doesn’t say you have to link to the account or login to the account within any particular time frame, which was my question (could be the same time frame or might not matter).

As a heads up, the acolyte event is live across all platforms. I only participated briefly in the first one, so I’m hoping to at least pick up a Maiming Strike mod this time around.

*** SPOILER DISCUSSION BELOW ***

On another note, I started playing again last weekend, and ran through The Sacrifice. I haven’t paid as close attention to the lore as some folks, so maybe I didn’t understand everything that was going on, but that quest was weird.

Afterward, I went back and watched the final few minutes of the Tennocon presentation, as I stopped watching the live feed when Steve said it was a spoiler. Watched the video, which looked impressive, but I’m still not clear as to what is going on. Is Space Mom the enemy now? Or are we going to get dragged along into whatever crusade Lotus is about to embark upon?

That’s a different event.

The Acolytes are enemies that turn up in regular missions and drop rare mods. Each one only sticks around for a limited time, and is replaced by another with different mods. They are all generally named after negative emotions, for instance right now Angst is available and if you are lucky she will drop a useful mod called Body Count.

Their location changes frequently and at times they are simply not available at all. The Navigation tab shows you which one(s) are currently active and where you might find them, or you can just check this website. They are moderate in difficulty, as an MR2 you should consider grouping up if you want to hunt them.

That sounds like an overheating gpu.

Used the repair function in the launcher?

Warframe doesn’t cap its FPS, so maybe it’s pushing your video card too hard. Try enabling vsync, or using a utility to limit the max FPS.