Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I got two of the objectives. Now need to have the Grustrag Three to spawn.

I heard defenses are better for this event, since people is in a single place.

But this is second hand info, on PS4 we have nothing, nada, we are like super poor :(

Have had them spawn twice now. Rest of group ignored them :(

Yea, I had to mark them and fight solo for quite a while before my party returned…

For the Grustrag Three, do quick capture missions solo.

I tested it a few times and it doesn’t seem like it is possible for them to spawn twice in a single mission, so long missions (ie defense) are not worth it.

It also didn’t seem like they spawned in to faction rep missions unless i got unlucky.

What i did was the following:

• Start a capture mission
  • Go afk for a few minutes (someone mentioned that they have a chance to spawn in the first 5 minutes, but i’m not sure this step adds anything)
  • Generally if they are in that mission, the screen will flicker before getting to the capture target
  • Repeat

The rewards are also so-so.

A new pistol which doesn’t sound very good and a pistol riven. Worth doing if you can, but not world shattering like some events.

I started to play Warframe and it is fun but the learning curve seems high. I have been watching some YouTube videos to increase my knowledge and there seems to be a ton of them. Can anyone recommend anyone in particular especially geared towards beginners?

I am playing on the PC with k/m setup. The hardest thing at the moment is trying to come up with the best layout to do the bullet movement with out twisting my hands to pieces.

I have a razer orbweaver that I am experimenting with along with my Logitech G502 mouse. I am doing better with this combo than the keyboard directly. Trying to separate the sprint, crouch, and jump keys to use two hands rather than using one hand.

I put crouch on a mouse button (in addition to the default key) which made bullet jumps easy. Hold down shift to Sprint, hit the mouse button on the other hand to start the slide, then jump to torpedo myself through the air.

I have a G510 keyboard, so i just programmed one of the keys in reach of my pinky to do the bullet jump combo for me.

A useful tip I’ve seen is remap the “sprint/roll” key to something out of the way you’ll never use, then make sure useful keys are roll and sprint. (I actually toggle sprint, so it’s on ALT - tap once at start of mission - with SHIFT and CTRL for roll and crouch.)

I don’t know about geared towards beginners, but these channels have a lot of good information (probably in order of most liked to least liked):
Tactical Potato
MCGamerCZ
Grind Hard Squad
Ashisogi Tenno

He does a bunch of newbie Warframe series, playing from the start, it was through his videos that I got into Warframe…

RPS recently published a beginners guide that’s worth checking out. And of course the wiki is a comprehensive resource.

I have bullet jump and spin attack macros on the mouse, and set a key on the keypad to autorepeat the melee/quickmelee attacks. They’ve saved a ton of wear and tear on the fingers.

The big, awesome-looking open-world update releases this week on PC. I think I might have to install Warframe and give the game a go.

Official web page is up. I think they’ve talked about all the features already, but it’s nice to have the info in one place.

I’ll be keeping an eye on the Twitch drops. Never found either of the Rotation C components for Khora, and am not really interested in running more onslaught missions just to get them.

Played Destiny 2 for the first time because it’s free on PC and I just got bored playing for a while. While with Warframe, I can keep going and still not get bored. Really excited to play Fortuna.

Yeah, Warframe is ten times the game Destiny 2 is.

I’ve been waiting for Fortuna to do my annual Warframe binge. Great timing with the Holidays coming up, I can’t wait to dive back in.

Oh, its coming out already. I might have to wait until This season of Destiny 2 is over before hitting up warframe, as I might still make all the achievements I need done.

But, xmas is a good time for Warframe, and its not far off. Good times.

This expansion is the one with the spaceship, no? Or just the singing slaves?

Spaceships is a future expansion.

I think they have hyped things a bit too much.

Is going to be another open world area like cetus and the gameplay can’t be much better than is already in cetus.

AND the game is still weighted down by premises that the game carry from the linear past. Like having to use a door to exit a mission or otherwise nothing in your inventory is saved.

Part of the problem is their design is so fucking amazing, the music so fucking good, the graphics looks so fucking good. Is hard to not get hyped by Fortuna.

I don’t know if I can really agree with this. For Plains of Eidolon, they had to develop all the tech just to make that happen. They turned an engine built around instanced corridor missions and got it to support a large open world zone. Engineering took the bulk of their budget and efforts, they were having to learn as they went (from their own mouths).

Now they have an existing tech framework to work with as well as lessons learned from PoE. Granted, Warframe isn’t going to suddenly become a completely different game in one update, but I think there’s reasons to be hyped for Fortuna. It’s a huge expansion, and they have an opportunity to build on all the good things with PoE and avoid some of the bad.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t true anymore. Your inventory saves in PoE (at least) on bounty stage completion, mining, and fishing.