Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

I’d rather use sprint mods to run faster, so I don’t have to constantly bullet jump to keep up. Rush for sure, Armored Agility if there’s room, Sprint Boost if I don’t need a different aura.

Just spent some time flying around Fortuna in my Archwing… the place looks fantastic and shows how much DE has improved on their ‘outside’ design compared to the first “outdoor” world they gave us last year (or was it earlier this year?)…

Streaming some fortuna now:
-https://www.twitch.tv/faslkjd56

Tried watching, but the stream was lagging badly, which wasn’t as making me motion sick in a hurry. Not sure if it was on my end or what.

Thanks for the headsup, guess that streaming server was bad. Swapped it now and it shows up as green :)
Edit: was using a Trinity Prime.

Edit: Corrosive Projection Alert now for another 32 minutes. (22:55 CET)

I watched it for 30 minutes. Yea, sometimes it had short freezes. I liked your adventure, the part with the farm fields and the place where the corpus were studying a sentient plan.

Noticed the earlier records were quite choppy when using video playback, when I had it in a little window while streaming it didn’t seem that bad.

Gonna take a while to explore the entire map, like how you can just drop in/out of teams now, and the different modes of transport, or just fishing with a 4 man group.

Changed some settings around and so far this one looks much better.

Sometimes DE is so DE.

I only have one Moa type (the para one), but so far the abilities don’t seem useful at all. Looking at the description of the other moas, they also don’t sound useful. I think about the best you can hope for is to throw a ton of tank mods on it and have it be a shield recharger since those abilities work on it. However, it uses link defensive mods which tend to benefit tankier frames more and they tend to use shields less. Also, if my frame has enough defensive stats to make the Moa be tanky, i don’t need it to tank for me. I don’t see this replacing a carrier or a critical cat. This is just another MR fodder now it seems.

New mod sets look poorly designed overall. A mix of not good enough and not enough internal synergy. Tek Gravity doesn’t even work at all. Set bonuses like the Mecha one make me wonder if the devs even play their own game.

I don’t have Garuda yet, but reactions are extremely mixed, mostly in the negative. There are a number of warframes with only one or two decent abilities and no internal synergy. It really seems like she is another one like that sadly.

I really like warframe, but I wish DE would play test the game more internally. Knowing DE, they will likely fix Garuda when her premium skin comes out in half a year. Also hire someone who actually plays the game to tell them if an ability idea is dumb or not.

Also, I still really hate how the riven system is used as a replacement for putting forth even a basic amount of effort in balancing weapons.

I managed to get the Adaption mod recently. It is really a game changing mod, probably borderline overpowered. It doesn’t work for every warframe, but for the ones it does, it makes them godlike compared to other players. If you’re doing high level content, you’re probably going to see it filled with warframes using this mod.

Pablo typically knocks it out of the park with Warframe design and reworks, but he only handles some of them (Nidus is one of his frames, for instance). Scott’s work has been far more… mixed. He tends to get incredibly stubborn about issues raised by the community, like not giving Vacuum to non-sentinel companions for years. So glad that finally changed with Fortuna.

DE had gotten a little better at doing a touchup to a new frame a little bit after release but I’ve missed the last 3-4 frames so I don’t know if that trend has continued.

Adaptation is best on frames that are already at least moderately tanky, as you need to take a few hits to ramp up its damage reduction. For squishy frames, I’d rather use Rolling Guard. Both mods are game-changers.

Why do I only hear about this Adaptation | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom now… god damn it… I must farm!

It’s a new mod, barely a month old. :)

The Steam numbers for Fortuna look good.

I still can’t get over that this was the same game I played back in beta when there were a bare handful of warframes and like… 2-3 tilesets, at best.

This game does free to play right. Without gouging their playerbase, they settled on a steady revenue stream that’s allowed them to pull of… this. It’s pretty amazing.

It isn’t grinding if you’re having fun.

Kitguns are crazy fun. I have an inkling, not yet confirmed but definitely supportable, that building one for the hardest possible hit will end up somewhere north of Lex Prime.

The Twin Grakatas still rule the dakka dakka heap, though.

I find the defensive MOA chassis to be fairly useful. I stuck the Vulklok on it and ran around the Vallis for a bit, and it was plenty able to one-shot level 30-ish Corpus mooks. It’s not even modded very well. The stomp and null field are reasonably powerful effects which happen reasonably often.

In Ivara synergies:

1. The Tombfinger chamber for kitguns fires a projectile, so Navigator works to guide it.
  2. Prowl cloaks MOAs, and attacking doesn’t reveal them.

Prisma Twin Gremlins are my jam right now. I love weapons that ragdoll enemies.

I haven’t tried kitguns yet though. Played a bit in Orb Vallis over the weekend, but haven’t gathered enough resources to build anything. Mostly ran bounties and derped around on the freebie K-Drive.

The cool thing about the Orb Vallis modular items is that you can make perfectly acceptable modular items without spending too much in standing. There’s a decent selection of 500 and 1000 standing components.

The only trouble is that gilding is a little ways off, standing-wise, and I’m a good ways away from that based on daily standing caps.

Yea, the caps for rep gain feel way to small.

Guess they want you to login every day, but I do not have time for that, and thus, no rank gains.

So I update the pc version yesterday and fiddled with it a little (the new training mission, which is supposed to teach you new things, but has absolutely nothing new in it).

I’m having an impossible time trying to imagine playing this with a controller.

There are some gameplay videos of the upcoming Switch version and they look pretty great!

And some other details about the Switch version:

Me: “Fuck it I’ll give Warframe a try.”
Warframe: blaringly loud music “No options for you. Make an account.”
Me: Turns down system sound “Okay.”
Warframe: “Alias already taken, also we deleted your email confirmation and password.”
Me: “Why would you do that?” makes 20 more attempts at an Alias
Warframe: “I’m going to delete those things every single time for no reason so this process takes forever and is as annoying as possible, also literally every Alias is taken.”
Me: “…” Uninstalls Warframe