Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

Playing warframe is a bit like archeology. The first parts of the game will be the more ancient. You will slowly unlock content made more recently.

The original game was a procedural dungeon generator, with a small tileset. It expands from that adding new tilesets or variations of the tilesets.

Is a bit like landing in the center a european city. The center of european cities are medieval, old buildings where very poor and uber rich people live. If you walk outside of that, you find the modern city.

Warframe is a game I don’t really play for maximal efficiency, either. I just enjoy the fluidity of the parkour and shooting. Action sequences which would be cutscenes or quicktime events in other games happen organically in Warframe.

Yep, agree with everything they said above and it also has fishing… :)

Wait what?

Are you serious?

In the open world areas - Plains of Eidolon (earth) and Orb Vallis (Venus).

Also, mining. And in the Orb, animal conservation efforts.

Also, whenever Fortuna is mentioned, I am constitutionally incapable of hearing in my head

Also also, Fishbreath, just to let you know - I dropped out of your clan to join the clan my LOTRO (and other games) guild (Old Timers) is running in Warframe. It wasn’t due to any sort of unhappiness.

Yep serious as serious can be, there is a load of additional stuff you can do in the open world areas, also there’s a hoverboard with which you can grind out tricks and improve your rating with a certain faction that then allows you to upgrade your boards and add grapics to it.
It’s that kind of stuff that keeps me going wow everytime I find out something new.

No problem at all! Even my real-life friends use it as a halfway house of sorts on the way to better clans.

I was having a good old time just figuring this game out. Not everything made sense right away but that was fine, I had some short term goals to work towards so I figure I’ll piece it all together as I go. No real rush. Then I made the mistake of reading about some of the frames and finding out that there’s a rhythm based warframe. Huuuwat? Talk about things I really didn’t need to know.

So now instead of leisurely making my way through the solar system I’m obsessed with unlocking this thing to try it out. You can program songs into her weapons? That sounds cool! That sounds like a neat playstyle that’s a bit different from the other things I’ve encountered.

Anyways, I just got to Jupiter last night. I’ve got 2 frames right now, Trinity Prime at level 30 and currently working on Volt at around level 20 I think. Trying to make some more but the few I have plans for all require a bunch of plastids and I don’t have many of those. So I’ve got to decide between farming up 20-50 plastids at a time on Phobos or just pushing ahead to Saturn which seems to be a better farming spot. So far I’m leaning towards Saturn.

Oh, if you play Octavia, you need to check out Buf00n’s Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSh6NP08gueUDMMdj1iHimg

He converts songs to the mandachord, hundreds of them. He even did a version of the Cranberries’ ‘Zombie’ when I asked.

Must play more…

Oh, I did add everyone I could to my friend list, so if y’all need a body, feel free to give me a shout. I’m a mediocre Zephyr/Oberon/Trinity/Volt player :D

Just reinstalled the game. Feeling kind of lost. I don’t even know how to get to the new “open world” area. :D

Me too. I’ve tried it a few times over the years and was into it for maybe a week or two last year (still on Earth). When I logged in yesterday I had no idea what I was supposed to do and couldn’t remember what the various stations did and/or where I should go. I’m not big on the designs and it never felt comfortable with a controller or keyboard. Still, it gets lots of love here and has been around long enough that I’m assuming there’s some goodness to it. Maybe I’ll give it another try, but it bounced off me again.

The open world areas are nodes on Earth and Venus (Cetus/Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna/Orb Vallis; in both cases, the first one is the hub and the second one is the actual open world zone).

There’s oodles of goodness to it but as I just posted in one of the Anthem threads, Warframe often isn’t the best at onboarding and easing in players. That’s both new players and players who are coming back from a break.

So, so much is just dropped in your lap with little to no guidance, even for long-time players. I remember when they revamped the star chart while I was on a break from the game. I bounced off it a couple times after that before everything clicked again. And just yesterday they took away the alert system and replaced it with longer-term events (currently “The Wolf of Saturn Six”), with no explanation of how it works now.

The wiki is practically required to a more than superficial understanding of the game. Just try to avoid reading about the quests!

Oh, cool. I think I had all nodes on Earth and Venus unlocked already, so that makes things easier. ;)

rhamorim, I found it to be really daunting when I started playing a week or so ago. Now I just find it daunting… the more I play it the more I want to learn it’s systems. Also as said above the Wiki is the only way to learn the systems and even then some things aren’t explained very well, I’ve still had to google further info.

I have played a lot already. It’s just that a lot of things changed since the last time I played, so I’ll take a while to take in all the changes. And keep leveling my frames, since I don’t have a lot at 30 yet. ;)

Just waiting for my 1st frame (other than default frame) to build… so hopefully will be rocking a Rhino frame soon. Hope you get back into the swing of things ok. I still have trouble believing this game is FTP especially when there are so many AAA games out there that cost £50+ which just don’t cut it. Of course the Sci-Fi setting and the gunplay of Warframe just so happen to be right up my street so that could have something to do with it too.