Warframe: silly named F2P coop TPS

So it’ll be really pretty many shades of red? :-)

And, nah. Not willing to risk it.

I used Reshade for at least a year without issue, but then they updated Reshade to block certain filters if it detected Heavy Network Traffic. Not sure what you mean by risking anything.

I see on their forums that you can supposedly get banned for using Reshade or other visual modification tools which is kinda ridiculous considering the game is 99.99999999999999% cooperative/singleplayer and a visual modification doesn’t give you any “advantage” over other players what-so-ever.

Seems like a fucking stupid stance by DE to block Reshade/SweetFX/etc if that is what they are doing.

Steve Sinclair was asked recently about this on Twitter and he replied that you wouldn’t get banned for Reshade. Unfortunately is seems Twitter has banned the user that asked the question so I can’t really link to it anymore. Heh.

Edit: This is the closest link I can find: https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1302014863733071874

Steve was asked once a few years back about SweetFX and said it would be cool. And then someone (possibly the person that asked, I don’t recall) got banned by their cheat detection while using it :-)

Suffice to say, I don’t trust their ability to not ban me!

I contacted support about it, and they said I could try using it, but I might get flagged by their anti cheat.

:-)

In part inspired by this post - I’ve finally also maxed all focus schools!

Wasn’t quite as bad I as feared. With an affinity booster (I bought 2x 30 day boosters), the daily limit usually took about 30 minutes in ESO @ MR29. My personal record is about 210.000 focus from one zone.

Still - I think it’s time to play some other games for a bit :-)

But… are all your waybound nodes unlocked?

/ducks

Hehe - they absolutely are. That was part of the motivation. Killing Teralysts solo was awful before I started focus farming. I think I spent about 50 minutes the first few times. Now it takes ~5 minutes.

The last thing I completed today was maxing the focus pool. The only thing missing is that I haven’t maxed Void Radiance in Madurai since it gets actually gets worse the more ranks you have…

I played the hell out of WF, but then never figured out how to do the advanced stuff like focus farming, fighting Eidolons and other stuff. The game doesn’t go out if its way to explain things, so I sort of drifted away.

Game over! With no real end game, progressing through the mastery ranks has been the goal I set myself. Empty feeling and no sense of purpose next, I guess :)

Best part of the rewards? 15 extra loadout slots.

And now you can go to relays and give all the plebs a random buff!

The New War is out!

What is with this trend lately where gameplay trailers are full of cutscene stuff? I’m glad they showed some glimpses of gameplay, but as someone who last played Warframe with the Railjack launch (was that 2019?) I have no idea what new gameplay elements there are, if any.

DE has been pretty secretive about what it contains beyond that it has the longest quest in Warframe so far.

I don’t mind that, but then don’t put out a gameplay trailer that barely shows gameplay, hah! DE isn’t particularly egregious on this front, it’s been a pet peeve of mine for a while. And the Homeworld 3 gameplay video that contained basically no gameplay already had me worked up, I think! :)

Warframe has always been a binge game for me but I figured after my last stint I might be well and done with it for good. Not due to any dislike, it’s just one of my most played games of all time. I was hoping I could catch a glimpse or two in the gameplay trailer that my rekindle some interest and get me to reinstall for one more go!

Looking forward to play “La nouvelle guerre” somewhere in the future. I heard is released today.

They released a 30 minute gameplay video of The New War 4 months ago.

Thanks for the link, I’ll check that out over lunch!

I understand that for games that haven’t been seen before, but Warframe is always kinda… Warframe. The railjack stuff I suppose deserved some gameplay vids when it came out, but otherwise not quite as necessary.

Well, in my case I was hoping it would show any new gameplay mechanics coming with this major update. Like showing the spaceship stuff for Railjack when that update rolled out, or gameplay on the Plains of Eidolon when that launched.

If this is just a story update, then I can understand if there’s not much to show and a gameplay trailer isn’t necessary. But if you’re going to put out a gameplay trailer then… show gameplay! It’s just a mild annoyance, to be clear. I’m not pounding my desk in rage or anything. :)