Warhammer 40,000 Action-RPG

SQUEEEE!! This is exactly what I wanted DoW to be all along.

I thought something along that line. And still better, i don’t have any problems with this game being console exclusive if Homeworld 3 comes out as a pc game, without being “mainstream’d”.

This is probably more along the lines of what we’ll get.

Following the success of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, THQ announced today that developer Relic has begun work on Homeworld 3. In a new and exciting twist to the series, players won’t be in command of the motherships the series is known for, and will instead be the wing commander of a squadron of fighters aboard a carrier. “We felt that the Homeworld games were too impersonal. We want the player to feel an emotional attachment to every ship. Thus, the empathybar” says lead designer, Howard Gates “The empathybar gives the player an idea of the camaraderie and attachment the pilots feel for each other, improving their teamwork and effectiveness in the game”. It was also revealed that players will no longer have to worry about collecting resources, and improvements to their fighters will be found throughout the game. “We don’t want to give away too much” says head writer, Nathan Featherly “But some favorite characters from earlier in the series will be making a return”. Homeworld 3 is currently scheduled to be released mid-2011.

Oh my god, that sounds awesome Squee. I would have to start a fan website for that game, hoping it would mean the return of the Space Sim.

I’ve heard that the Space Marines miniatures have more sales than all other GW miniature lines put together. I’m not sure if it’s true but I can see why they would want to go with the most popular choice.

Hmmm you should have put something about DLC (on disk) that improves the empathybar. Also, you need to use term “cinematic” much more.

Damn! I knew I missed something.

Yay space sim! Boo HW3 not RTS! I’m so confused.

They’re a cool faction, I do not dispute that in the least. But surely we could have, you know, one or two games that aren’t Space Marine-centric? :P

Play Orks? Only Final Liberation, and I think the campaign there is still Space Marines. But we’ve certainly -fought- Orks with Space Marines before. Lots.

Yeah, you could only do orks in Final Liberation in a skirmish.

We did, as you already noted. You just didn’t like them.

Actually, I rather like Rites of War, but it’s not really a 40K game in any meaningful sense. And that…other thing… should be burned. Cleansed with fire.

Actually, I thought I remembered that Gorkamorka was a videogame, but when I looked it up, it turns out it was planned for the dreamcast ans was scrapped when that system died. Apparently there are old screenshots/videos around if you dig.

I actually played all the way through Fire Warrior. It doesn’t really get any better. Their interpretation of Space Marines as lumbering behemoths was kind of interesting.

I think one would have to say Dark Crusade is the best 40k game without a Space Marine focus.

Dark Crusade is an expansion to a game that started with a Space Marine focus.

I wonder if it’s going to feature any more shitty dynamic difficulty and puzzle mission design.

To a Tau, which are more slight of build than normal humans, that’s probably how they would view them. Fire Warrior’s authenticity issues are more about the power of the weaponry. Pulse rifles are better than bolters in every way in tabletop, but in the Fire Warrior FPS, the bolter is the first genuinely good weapon you get.

It’s a standalone. I think it counts!

Is this the correct thread? Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo is available now(PC, PS3, 360).
I know nothing of this franchise/universe but I do know the demo is damn fun. And the aiming is so easy and natural, I wish even 10% of other games were as good.

4 player campaign co-op! I am excited.

edit: I guess this isn’t the correct thread. Is this the one?