Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade - MMO shooter

In the grim darkness of Warhammer 40K licensed games, there is this third-person shooter.

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

Bandai Namco and Behavior Digital.

Reading the Steam forums, there seems to be a lot of content missing. Was this rushed out the door?

Angry Joe rages here @ the 50min mark, also talks about the the price increase at release.

From everything I’m reading this is one of those games that probably should’ve been released in early access as opposed to going straight to a 1.0 launch.

It had been in Early Access since at least February of this year on Steam, and earlier than that via their website. It was marginal back then and I haven’t had the heart to reinstall it and try it again.

There are so many of these games that the subtitle adds nothing of value. They should call it WH40K: The One That’s an MMO Shooter 2016.

Hey y’all! I just began playing this a few weeks ago, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m usually not one for match-based games like this, but for some reason I’ve really clicked with this one. I’m terrible at it, but it’s weird that I want to keep playing matches to get better. Both the PVP and PVE Space Hulkey matches are a lot of fun!

I paid $20 for it too, which I felt was the right price for it. Yay!

I was a Founder because they said it was going to be an open world game similar to Planetside 2. Then they turned it into a lobby shooter. FWIW I only played it a couple of hours in alpha and then gave up on it.

Apparently it’s improved a lot since Alpha, I was told.

I checked and here is a recent gameplay video, it looks pretty decent.

If it hits $20, I’d grab it.

Still haven’t bought this, but maybe one day… ;)

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/news/670-State-Of-The-Crusade-Free-Carnage-Edition

Free to Waaagh! is coming!

Nice!

Still getting patches, anyone able to report in on the state of the game?

I played a few months ago and you can tell they’re making progress on it. There are more maps and challenges now, and they keep planning on expanding it further.

I was a Founder but gave up on it a while ago. Might be worth me downloading it again to see what has changed.

So this is on sale again, up to 90% off. Anyone try it recently?

I saw they put out a patch today with the Warhammer Skulls promotion going on.

Is this the game they turned from a MMO into some team-based shooter, or am I thinking of a different game? It’s getting hard for me to keep them straight.

Wait, there’s a WH40K MMO? Where has this been hiding?

under the rock where it deserves to be imo. I’ve gone back and tried this half a dozen times since it was first available for early access. Regret every minute I have played it.

This is the game you are thinking of Kevin. Was supposed to be like Planetside but WH40k, and really isn’t.

I’ve enjoyed my time with it, I’m just terrible at it and honestly don’t see myself getting any better. Props to 'em, they keep plugging away at it.

Well, it being terrible would at least explain why I’ve never heard of it. Moving on!