Warhammer 40k Battlesector

You should install playnite, it knows everything!

I do have that installed! I also forget to launch it.

This will include the conquest campaign I hope? I got to the last mission in the scripted set of missions that shipped with the games and simply gave up out of exhaustion. Too. Many. Tyranids.

It will be accompanied by a free update, introducing a new campaign type called Planetary Supremacy . It is a single player focused procedural campaign in which you’ll fight other factions as well as minor factions. You can play it as the Blood Angels, the Tyranids or the Necrons (ownership of the Necrons DLC is only required if you mean to play as the Necrons).

So Necrons is paid DLC but the campaign is “patch” DLC. Cool.

I keep reading ‘Necrons’ as ‘Neocons.’

A worthy opponent?

Certainly would be fun to blast.

One is a mysterious xenos species of humanoid, robotic skeletal warriors that have lain dormant in their stasis-tombs for more than 60 million years, and the other …

Good one!

Excellent!

Well, I’m in, I just need to find time to actually play the thing.

I got lucky on that mission. The turn before I was about to be wiped out, the big nid flew close. I focused every unit on it and took it down, ending the game.

Some videos starting to come out with the expansion being released this week.

This is not how I expected the map to look!

There’s an AMA at a very Australian time tomorrow:

I keep forgetting about not just this cool sounding expansion, but the game itself. I finally got to play it a bit on Game Pass awhile back and I enjoyed it but had too much gaming goodness on my plates to get into it. I assume/hope a sale will pop up when this drops so I’ll probably just buy it on Steam so I own it vs. relying on GamePass, which I don’t think I’m even subscribed to currently. The screens look good, I’ll check out the video here later this morning. Thanks for passing this along.

I played 4 or 5 missions on GP, but was slightly put off by turn limits in some of the missions, and drifted to other games. I did like it otherwise. Are there many timed missions later on?

I don’t recall many; certainly, nothing stood out, and I generally don’t like timed stuff either. It seemed much off the time you had a sub-objective like reach stranded units in X turns sometimes, but the overall mission was not timed.

The only real negatives for me were the repetitive enemies (all Tyranids in the game as it shipped) and the tediousness of the later missions when you had a bajillion of those Tyranids each cycling through their turns.

The turn limits are soft caps on bonuses as I recall. I certainly never failed a mission because of them. The real objective in every mission is to wipe the map.