Warhammer 40K: Darktide (2022) (4-player co-op from Fatshark, the Vermintide devs)

Yeah, no argument there. It’s not a great look.

You can test your weapons in the Psykenarium, which is along the outer. “Meatgrinder” mode is great for seeing how your weapons work.

Ah thanks! Will test that out.

After playing a couple hours of this on my (now more than five-year-old) computer, I really hope this comes out on Xbox sooner rather than later. Also, couldn’t figure out a way to add a friend from Steam to the Game Pass version of the game. Still, game seems pretty fun!

Woo boy this is one crashy game. The Emperor does not protecc :(

no crossplay, not now, maybe never

MS Store/Gamepass: A workaround to get in past the 4001 error code has been found. Boot the game up to the point of getting the 4001 error but before you click “start” open up the xbox app, click on you profile top on the top left and sign out. Then tab back into the game and click start.

Is it me or does in the release version of this game, does a lot more damage bleed through your toughness now than it did before? I feel like my toughness is almost useless now. I see my toughness nearly maxed a lot, yet my guy is half dead all the time.

I played a couple rounds last night and wondered what was going on with that. Lots of bleed through damage it felt like.

I’m pretty irked about it because that mechanic was probably my favorite improvement over Vermintide.

This was the only thing I saw in the update regarding Toughness and it didn’t sound like a nerf but it has felt like a nerf.

That is a big nerf to toughness. I hope the revert it.

I don’t mean to sound melodramatic, but I could never get into the Vermintide games despite it being so close for me and the Toughness mechanic in Darktide is what finally made it click, especially with the way it works with coherence and melee kills. If they’re gutted it that likely guts my ability to enjoy the game.

I’ll have to play some more missions to get a better idea how it feels in practice but my initial reaction was “What the hell is going on, I wasn’t having this problem last time I played. Where is all this chip damage coming from??”. And of course it’s not just me, it’s everyone taking it so the healing supplies are hoovered up by the plague of locusts that are my three kamikaze zealot teammates.

I started the game. It looks very nice!
I played the prologue. And then I had my first crash, on the basic training mission on the VR thingie. Yayy…

No, it’s a big buff to toughness. Prior to this, you got chip damage every time a poxwalker spawned from thin air behind you. Now, you take zero damage if you are at full toughness. It has made things much easier for my psyker.

The fix today addressed a bug for veterans and people with +toughness curios. The game was looking for exactly 100 toughness as “full,” while veterans with their base 200 toughness were taking (quite a bit of) extra damage.

I think you got it wrong. I am definitely taking far more health damage than I did before.

Also some math:
Old way: 10% damage made it through no matter what.

New way:
100% toughness, and now I take zero, so that is kind of a buff.
90% toughness, I take 10% damage like I did in the old way.
75% toughness, I take 25% damage which is much worse than was before.
50% toughness, I now take 50% damage.

So in the old way at the four levels I would have taken a total of 40% the total damage against my health.
In the new way I would have taken 85% of the total damage to my health.

No, this is a HUGE nerf, and not a buff at all.

I know I did. I read the patch notes and I thought it was a buff due to the way it was worded but in practice it was clear very quickly that I was taking way more chip damage.

Sorry, this is a giant thread, and I’m coming in without knowing anything. Is this worth downloading on Game Pass for single player? Or is it like Vermintide, where it’s really built for coop and not fun in single player?

It’s really just Vermintide with more guns and your experience will more than likely be the same. If you found the first one unappealing in SP I don’t think you’ll find this one any different.

That said, if you have it on Game Pass might as well download it overnight and give it a spin or something. :)

I’m not sure why a game like this needs such extensive backstory choices, but I get to have a Yorkshire accent, so that’s OK.

The latter. In fact they have made it more online than before. You need to enter an online public lobby at the start, and if their servers are full you get in a queue. (You are in third person in that lobby, like in Destiny 2, to promove the use of paid cosmetics)
And from what I have read, you can’t choose to play with bots if you want, they only appear if there are not enough people to play with.

I thought that was a pretty weird fit as well.