Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Yeah I started my new seasonal character after watching his first video and hooooboy does she slay.

For seasonal, do folks just go through the story missions? I guess you have to to get crafting and all? I kind of like how D3 does it with Adventure mode, where you can do everything and not have to do story missions. Or can you, say, rescue the tech priest by just jumping to that mission?

For seasonal you have to go through the story again. Well you don’t HAVE to you could just do side missions but to unlock certain things you need to progress the story. Sadly it’s not really skippable.

I honestly love the story so I never seem to mind replaying it. You can skip past all the dialogue really easily if you want and just jump to the good stuff.

Just started using the controller for this and it feels so much better than trying to reach for keys.

What kind of maniac DOESN’T use a controller for games?!!?! I’m honestly baffled its legal still!

Some games just have so many buttons that you can’t use a controller!

Also first-person shooters and city sim games really suck with a controller.

I never use a controller.

I am baffled! BAFFLED I SAY!

I love it, but then again, I am a gaming in the living room where my GF is, in a recliner I guess its called, so games where a controller can be used, are the ones I can easily play. When implemented correctly (Diablo 3), its also much better to control certain types of games with it.

I have been trying to become more adept with a controller, with Elden Ring being my gateway drug as it were to learning my Xbox Elite 2 better. I should try things like ARPGs as well, as my carpal tunnel is hammered by games like Inquisitor or Diablo. I play in my basement office though; we have one TV, and our living room is set up so that it is about as awkward for playing games as it could possibly be.

on the note of gamepads, I wish more games would look at how Cuisine Royale and Enlisted used them. Looked overly complex at first but ended up being super smooth. Every button could be assigned as a press, quick press, hold, double press, triple press. And they could all be assigned to different functions and it worked very smoothly and super rare misclicks.

Got a crusader and assassin to the lower seventies so far this season. As much as I tried out different weapons and psalms I keep going back to the flamer crusader and cathean sword assassin. The crusader is sturdier and just has boring +heat psalms while the assassin is lighting quick with +shock phrases. Just finished the grandmaster tier and eyeing the requirements for the heroic tier… Not sure I have it in me but we’ll see so long as I’m still having fun.

Damn well done.

I get a bit frustrated with my melee assassin just because there are so many more damage perks I can take for heat than any other damage. I prefer the playstyle of the poison sword, but there are two super easy perks to equip that massively boost heat damage. Just wish the other elements had similar stuff.

Heat is very easy to boost but focusing on shock also works out very well at least at the level I am playing at. I don’t know about 110 yet. The key phrases are:

1. Killing a Shocked enemy creates an explosion causing Shock and dealing damage equal to Damage from the killing blow
  2. +200% Damage against Shocked, Slowed or Stunned enemies
  3. Causing Shock on an enemy creates an explosion dealing halved Damage and Shock to nearby enemies

Combined with AOE boosting skills/items and having a shock aura… it is insane AOE damage. It is less good when there is a single boss type with no minions around but it manages.

Whelp… just completed the Heroic tier this season with my assassin. The current bonus of intel missions offering +100% xp helped me grind out the last few levels where it was like 1 mil xp to level up and with every bonus I could cram into it I would get between 40 - 60k xp a mission. The 110+ missions weren’t that big of a deal and I think my build is okayish with the gear that I have. There is plenty of room for improvement but I think I will switch focus to the crusader now. I ended up building the assassin with heat damage in mind. The twin arc blades are heat based weapon and I liked the leap movement skill. I exploited berserk to the best of my ability and the perk “Regenerative Booster Glands” that gives melee attacks 50% of HP regeneration value. Stacking bonuses to regen via berserk tokens helped me stay alive when I take spike damage and provide something like 3000% bonus damage. I utilized the fire aura psalm doctrine to clear trash but more importantly provide debuffs since it hits 4 times a second. A crit would leave a vulnerability and a vulnerability would leave a burn and so on. Now to see what I can do with a shotgun crusader but I would be surprised if it didn’t involve berserk or enrage abuse.

Ohhhhh congrats! Well done!

So someone on another forum was raving about an aether blade-focused Psyker. So I got to level 21 as a Psyker to try it out. Got a nice aether blade and jumped all over the place with malestrom. While it was fun, it just, to me, doesn’t have that fast, salsa-making… visceralness that the shotgun gives me. I just love the splooshiness that the shotgun makes of enemies. It’s just so delightful.

I don’t care for the warp heat management aspect of the psyker but I understand end game it’s a bonus vs a burden. Crusaders can bounce all over with their armor skills and multiple melee assassin weapons have good movement skills.

Psykers seem to be very dependent on very specific builds, with exact gear and skill choices mapped out with little variation allowed. My attempts at least have given me that impression. It is very easy to create a Psyker that is terrible, and very hard to create one that is anything close to optimized. Assassins and Crusaders though, there’s a lot more leeway it seems.

Yeah I think this is why Psyker is my least-played class.