Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Holding off for 1.0 and reviews at that time. W40K games are either turds or amazing.

It is the VanHelsing Dev’s so I am eventually expecting it to be amazing.

The problem is that John Walker’s concept of “constructive criticism” is, let’s say, “peculiar”. Remember his constructive criticism for Peter Molyneux? “Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?”

There’s no need to bring up his well-documented boorish behavior. The game looked pretty damn clunky on stream. If that’s not the case or that changes, let us know.

Thank god you are here to set the rules, sir! Otherwise, how would we know how to behave and what to write?

You seem utterly overwhelmed by normal conversations on QT3 the last few months. @rhamorim and I have politely handled many adult conversations by ourselves just fine. He’ll give me a healthy rejoinder if he feels like it.

Since I was the one who brought the reviewer up, seeing as it was pertinant to the review itself, I was convinced your rejoinder was directed towards me, thus, the reply.

Thanks for letting me know how I’ve been these past few months, though!

Also, don’t forget to look both ways when you cross the street. And call your mother for a change.

Did you miss a naptime or something today?

Well, it’s a pet peeve of mine - after that interview, I see no value in anything John Walker writes or thinks because he’s little more than a pompous jerk in my head.

Which was kind of my point - his opinions mean almost nothing to me, but if other people share his views on the game, I’ll most certainly listen to them, and if you say the stream itself was clunky and all, I have no reason to doubt that. Also, this is Neocore - having played King Arthur and Van Helsing close to release, they sure have familiarity with clunkiness and technical issues (that they usually fix well enough given enough time).

But your point stands - we should be talking here about the game, after all - and thus I apologize for talking about John Walker instead of the game. I’m sure the latter is much more worthy of attention, even if it’s flawed and clunky.

MMORPG (Matthew Keith) likes it better than Mr. Walker: http://www.mmorpg.com/previews/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr-hands-on-preview-1000011998

It’s definitely clunky, but I’m not sure how much is due to frame rate issues and how much is innate in the design. It seems like there is a good game under here somewhere. When my computer can play it without it being super sluggish and it has fewer bugs it might be enjoyable.

Pistols guy is ok. The turret has given me the edge the HW guy and the melee paladin didn’t have. Hope some bolt pistols turn up.

Overt solo inquisitors are fairly rare in 40k lore too (lots of solo spies), this needs an entourage. Assassins would fit a lot better, especially with so many melee/sniper/hw/assault assassin characters in the fluff.

do some coop for rp reasons ;)

Mmmm for the Emporah!

Looking good. Anyone play it off late?

Yup - shaping up nicely.

Dammit, I was hoping you were gonna tell me it’s terrible.

Reading Steam reviews and watching Airsickhydra’s videos it sounds like it is getting there, but far from finished. Still sounds like a melee character isn’t really doable solo, but will work well coop. For someone who will never play multiplayer, I am waiting to hear whether it is solid, balanced single player game. Haven’t gotten a good sense of that yet though.

I streamed it several hours yesterday, will do so some more soon too. It’s a LOT better than it had been, especially in regards to performance on my potato system. There are a fair number of bugs still though and a few that make it almost unplayable for me personally. Assassin, the class I would prefer to play, simply doesn’t ever get it’s class resource back at all. (you are supposed to regain it by getting kills) Also many spell modifiers (masteries) simply do nothing and are placeholders I’m guessing.

If I either get a better system or the performance optimization keeps getting better I am quite excited at the possibilities of the game in the future.

I watched some of your stream, actually, and I wish I hadn’t. ;)