Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

it’s gotten a lot better on performance, but it’s still a bit rough for me on my old PC (which is one of the reasons I’m double dipping and playing on XB1x) Also the gamepad controls are not really an afterthought for them.

I have been following AirsickHyrda’s videos on the game for awhile now. He clearly likes the game but is trying to be open to the criticism others may have against it. While this video didn’t help me decide if I want to buy it or not (the season/online stuff sounds like a turn off for me), I did find it interesting to hear what he sees the greatest complaints of the game are. He has a ton of coverage of the game if anyone is interested as well.

I watch most of his stuff too, and while he knows the game fairly well I find I don’t often agree with his opinions on many of the details. He also comes across to me as someone who knows enough to sound like he knows what he is talking about, but when you scrutinize it might be a bit hollow. Hard to explain but his coverage of the interview with the devs brought it to light for me. (haven’t yet watched this video though)

Release date pushed to 6/5 due to some issues with the console release.

I’m fine with that. Bought the game to support such honesty.

bummer, I had concerns but at least they are honest.

That’s just how software development goes, I don’t mind at all. And I like how upfront they are.

Just did the first level as a sniper. I might be in love.

Yup, lost three hours, now I’m a level 4 sniper with dual swords and I am definitely in love.

So, question about the map. Do you go to different systems to do random missions and stuff? If that’s how that works, I am triply excited.

Oh for fuck’s sake -

TL;DR version, devs promise to work 90 hour weeks as apology for delaying release.

Yeah, that was mentioned in their announcement. I’m not sure how to feel about it. I’ve heard crunch time for a game can be brutal.

Why are they being Martyrs?

It’s nuts though! Someone made a miscalculation on the release date and the devs are paying the price. Yet again, I’m glad I don’t have to make games.

Surely they didn’t mean it literally. Translation meaning/error?

This is from the article -

“We promise we’ll push this extra three weeks in 90+ hours per week so it’ll be very-very useful for Martyr.”

I mean, sounds pretty clear to me!

Er, did you read the announcement? They found a bug preventing the PC and console releases from going at the same time, hence the delay.

Was my reply unclear? They can’t make RTM. Push back three weeks. Devs volunteer, or are volunteered, to work 90+ hours per. If you’re telling me that sure, seems reasonable then I guess you’d probably make a pretty good executive at EA.

Well they are Hungarian, right? Maybe they used an local proverb that sounds literal in an English translation? Not that it matters, just sounds kind of silly.

No dude, I’m saying a bug was discovered which pushed it back. It’s not like someone got some math wrong. I’m not happy about the 90 hour thing either. Geez.

OK, great job zeroing in on the critical part of that statement, I guess.

You’re welcome.