Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

90+ hour weeks are counterproductive, placing much more risk on the quality of the product.

Yeah. I appreciate the effort they’re showing, but 90+ hour coding sprees don’t do anyone much good.

I don’t care if the game’s delayed. They can take their time and work 40-50 hour weeks.

Ha ha yeah, I bet they totally didn’t anticipate people telling them this was kind of a terrible idea.

Hah, totally.

I just never know with these youngsters – what they might think they can do.

OMG this game has weekly, procedurally-generated mini-campaigns?!?! I think my heart just grew three more sizes for it.

Ran into my first serious bugs tonight. With the Assassin, the worst bug was a loss of some sound, which just required a restart.

Today, I decided to try a Psyker. Things we’re going well until I couldn’t activate a Cogitator to open the last door to the level. Switching to keyboard worked though, and I reported the bug.

Then an even bigger bug with a Crusader. Twice the game half-froze on me. I was able to turn the camera and what not, but nothing else. Still gotta report that bug.

It was nice to see so many bugs dealt with in their bug tracking tool as well. Can’t wait for beta, but for now I’ll keep going with my Assassin.

This game has gotten me into Warhammer lore too. Just bought the Eisenhorn trilogy. Can’t wait to read it.

Just ran into my first enemy Chaos Psykers. PURPLE MIND LASERS.

Exactly!

If I may pimp y’all. ;)

Thanks for sharing that Brian. I’ve been a backer since about day 1 but only logged a couple of hours so far. Alpha felt too buggy and I didn’t want to spoil the story before it launches. Maybe with beta I’ll jump in and poke around but with another wipe coming before launch I won’t get too far into it.

No problem! Yeah, the alpha is damned buggy (had like, one hair follow me around an entire map yesterday) but I’m still enjoying the hellfire out of it.

So OMG you guys, at the suggestion of a friend on Gamers with Jobs, I tried the Assault Crusader tonight. It was fun slashey slashey shooty shooty as usual.

Then I unlocked the chainsword.

Holy crap you guys, I thought the swords the Assassin got we’re pure joy. Nay nay. This chainsword is amaaaazing. It might be a tad overpowered right now, but that’s part of the joy of it. Time to play even more now, wipe be damned! :)

But will you be standing or sitting when the wipe finally comes?

Always standing. ALWAYS.

Beta is tomorrow! Can’t wait!

For what it’s worth, they’re also resetting all progress for the June 5th release. So this isn’t a “hey, get a headstart playing beta”, but a beta that’s actually a beta.

Looking forward to the full release, though!

-Tom

Yeah, sorry I wasn’t clear about that. Just super excited.