Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

For those still on the fence: Vermintide Game Overview by Fatshark.

Stop that!

Your avatar is already dressed up for bear, Lordkosc - it really IS a no brainer!

I played a few rounds over the weekend, just with bots. I wanted to try out the classes and get a feel for the game before jumping in with anyone. The second level that unlocks (the sewers) is really good for a quicker run. So far I’ve played the Dwarf a few times and the witch hunter once. What an awesome game! There is something so satisfying in the combat. Plus the way the bodies go flying when you toss a bomb! So good! Come on lordkosc jump in, the water, while murky and foul, is really quite wonderful!

Hope to get in some multiplayer with you guys soon. Should we start a QT3 Vermintide group on Steam?

I play Witch Hunter primarily. I only use guns on big things, things with armor, or things I don’t want to get close enough to poke.

So can 2 people play the same class in a round? Or is it that there can be only 1 of each class at a time? I saw there are 5 to pick from.

Only one of each class per mission. But you can tell the game which classes you refuse to play, so it’ll search only for those games with openings for the classes you will play.

Gotcha, I’ll mess with it today to learn the ropes and find a class I like. And I’ll be free to play tonight from like 6pm till 10pm eastern. :p

Maybe a Steam group should be started. Steam is in full retard mode right now, I can’t do much more than look at my library, lol.

I had totally missed this game but after checking out this thread today, I made an impulse buy and tried it out. I played a Bright Wizard and it seemed like the game was pretty fun. The only downside for me is that I was grouped with a random group of 3 more experienced players, so they knew the map forwards and backwards (“Ok go hide now! Okay everyone up here before ___ happens!”) and they used some cheesy exploit on the final encounter of the game. Booo. Other than that it was a good time.

Thankfully, I’ve got a couple friends I can play this reliably with, but there’s a 4th slot. Can it be filled with AI?

I believe so. You can invite your friends in and then set the game to private and it shouldn’t try to fill that last slot and then just drop a bot in when the level starts.

Hiding under the horn, right? It’s a known exploit that will be fixed before release.

Yup. If you don’t want a random joining after the game starts, check the Private Game box on the map screen before clicking Play.

Yep, hiding under the horn. :) I figured it’d be fixed and wasn’t too concerned about it but I’m glad to hear they’re addressing it. It was just an anti-climatic way to end the mission. It’s that kind of thing that makes me avoid PUGs in a lot of games, I just have different priorities than the mass public. I want to try to beat a fun challenge, I’m less concerned with maximizing my EXP/rewards per hour or whatever.

That’s great to hear about bots. Has anyone tried them? Just curious if they’re competent a the basics, or if you’re kinda screwed bringing one along.

From my solo with three bot runs I’ve found that (on easy) They’re not dead weight at least. But, they don’t pick up or use items though they do call out when they pass by them so at least you know something is there. Since they don’t use items, they also don’t heal, so you’ll need to grab a healing kit and use it on them if you want to keep them up. I also find that they’ll get stuck sometimes, though by hitting an elevator switch or the ending wagon switch it will teleport them to you. Far far below the quality of a real person though.

So, is it like the Mass Effect 3 MP?

No, it’s like Left 4 Dead. Near identical.

With regards to bots not picking up items, have you tried hitting T while the item’s in the center of your HUD? It outlines the item (or bad guy, for that matter) in blue and calls it to the team’s attention. I’m wondering if this might be a way to force the bots to take something, since maybe they don’t by default…? I’m not sure.

Yeah Mysterio, I had hoped that it would work, but no dice as far as I could see. I had the entire team standing around a bomb and picked it out with T and they all continued to just stand there.

What is customization like in this game? I know in the map I played, I got a blue quality flaming sword for my Bright Wizard and it had a couple relics I could put on the forge or something like that. Is the customization entirely about the equipment, or is there some sort of level/skill system as well? I thought I saw I got some EXP at the end of the map, but I’m not sure what it does.

I’m pretty sure all advancement is gear based.

Why are you all getting such awesome stuff?? Ive gotten 3 damn white swords for the elf I never play… Damnation!