Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

That screenshot gave me the sudden urge to reinstall and play one of my Total War games.

Saw the PC Gamer article on this one. Looks awesome. I can’t wait to see it in motion and play with it, but I’m sure I will be terrible at the game.

It’ll be a Rome clone once you can get 1000-2000 units per army and 9 armies in one battle. Heh.

With that being said, I’m definitely looking forward to this game, :).

Seriously, when do you ever play out battles this big in Rome? In the new expansion it’s possible if you attack a horde, or attack with a horde, but just because it is possible doesn’t mean that it is a good idea.

There’s a short interview with a Namco guy on Gamecloud. Not a lot of new info, but they do talk a bit more about the campaign system.

[/quote]

That’s interesting. Does that mean that during the course of completing objectives you don’t have a way of creating new troops? There’s RTS like the Total War series and then RTS like Warcraft. Which one is this game closer to?

The previous Warhammer games were more Total War than Warcraft, so I hope it carries on in that vein.

Asher try the first interview that Sones linked to. It doesn’t appear they’ll follow many of the Warcraft conventions.

Indeed. I don’t know if you build units during battles or not–they haven’t specifically said (and none of the interviewers have asked them in any of these Q&As), but it sounds sort of contrary to what they have said about their design philosophy for the game. It may work like Dark Omen (but that’s just a wild guess).

wow! this is much more interesting to me than DoW.
looks freaking sweet.

I still can’t believe this is Namco.

Finally, the Skaven get some ‘love’ – Plaguebearers–attack! :)

Latest set of Previews

Gamespy

Gamespot

IGN

It would be cool if I could access the screenshots and/or the videos page for the Gamespy article, but I can’t. When I click on the links for those pages, I just get an ever-refreshing interstitial ad that just pops back up again when I try to click through it.

I’m so paying my gamer tax on this one. It just looks and sounds too cool.

Chris Woods

There are not enough RTS games, this will help.

olaf

Yeah, I love everything I’ve heard about the concept. I’m really looking forward to this game.

And now I can’t get to Gamespy at all. I just get that damn Comedy Central interstitial, and can’t get past it.

Namco released just a few screenshots, if you’ve seen the IGN Gallery then thats all of them.

Tactical RTS are less common. Myth was released in 1997 and I can’t think of a title that has surpassed it.