Warhammer Online: What say ye?

[quote=“Idar_Thorvaldsen”]

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (now sadly out of print) is probably the fantasy RPG that best suits the Sadistic Bastard style of GMing. Which is fun.[/quote]

You can still find it though. I saw a copy the other day. Actually, I should have bought it. I can’t find mine anymore.

Oh, and are you people saying that orcs and orks are the same thing?!?!?!

Depends on what you mean by the same thing.

Eldar and Elves.

Warhammer Fantasy was pretty damn dark. Basically the hopeless resistance against the rising forces of darkness bleeding in from the Chaos realm.

Will it cost 80 bazillion dollars to play like the tabletop version?

You’ll have to buy your character, and then color it in MSpaint.

Browsing through the previous weeks’ screenshots, the Dwarf they showed looked like he lacked a torso. Damn. I quite liked the art they put up on their website, but these character models are just so crappy that I can’t believe they would be willing to reveal them to the unsuspecting public!

Agreed.

Are they actually going with the 5 hit points, 1-3 fate points depending on race, and the loss of limbs? That’s what made Warhammer for me… if its standard 2000 hitpoints at high level, it just won’t be the same thing.

Fate points and permadeath are out, that’s for sure.

I always felt that your character in the FRPG were as expendeble as the ones in the miniatures game. Death was so easy that it felt like Rolemaster. Except you could make characters quicker, of course, and somehow, having them die all the time in the Warhammer world made sense. It didn’t suck.

I always found it rather depressing that they won’t release a true to life version of the tabletop game. then again, how would they make money that way.

Wish they’d release 40K RPG.

I wish I’d meet some people interested in playing WHFRP with me, or any RPG for that matter (except the awful mess that is D&D). A 40K RPG would rock though. As long as they made chaos champion a possible career choice. :twisted:

I’m with Kalle here- I really haven’t TRPG’d in eight years or so (not counting the Paranoia one-shot I ran for a few friends last year), and my one option is a Planescape campaign one of my friends is starting up (one of these days…). Yes, it’s about the most interesting thing DnD has to offer, but that’s kind of like ‘being the tallest midget’ as the old saying goes. I’d give my left nut to run something interesting like Nobilis, Kult, or Unknown Armies.

Ah, well. At least I can still get 'em together for fancy boardgames on a regular basis. :)