Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

I know we have another thread for the original Vermintide, but today is the official launch for pre-orders. Does anyone want to play some later? You can now accrue experience, etc, and keep it!

I’ll be on when I get home from the gym tonight after work, probably around 5-6 Central time.

I will also be handing out discord invite to my Qt3 channel. If you’d like one, please send me a PM

Edit: If you haven’t purchased yet, I got it for $21.05 on Green Man by going to the VIP section and redeeming a voucher for 22% off on top of the 10% already. https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

@Jason_McMaster You have my hammer! It’s my Birthday today, and I am gonna play some damn games and relax! :D

Anyone know when we can download it? I just uninstalled the closed beta test version.

Since its the official thread! Some Links and Videos:

http://www.fatsharkgames.com/games/warhammer-vermintide-2/

We will go live at Twitch 18:00 CET today (in 2 hours) talking about the Pre-order beta and also showing off a new trailer! Ask your questions here and we'll try to answer them! https://t.co/jUGfkoVnUb

— FATSHARK 🦈 (@fatsharkgames) February 28, 2018

Where to Buy:

I think maybe soon? They are doing a launch stream starting at 12 Eastern.

Also, happy birthday!! I’ll send you the Discord info!

Happy Birthday @lordkosc Here’s to you, and hope you have the best of days today!

I’ve put a few hours into the closed test. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’ve been struggling a LOT with the graphics. The FPS is fine (4k on a GTX1080), it’s the quality. There’s this weird… checkered pattern that sometimes comes out when looking at fog / smoke, and also when looking around light sources. Super annoying. The game in places is also VERY dark, even at moderate gamma settings. Conversely, the “Farm Level” which starts near dawn, I think, is absolutely blinding while you’re in the fields.

I think I’ve finally gotten my graphics settings to where they need to be to address most of this, but it’s hard to tell in starting area. Of course, now the game is offline so I can’t even verify my settings.

Sharpen was ON, Light shafts were OFF, I turned down SSAO to medium, and I might even have turned Bloom OFF. Guess I’ll get to experiment all over again later today.

But… I can’t see above the wheat!

;)

Yeah, playing Bardin must be extra fun on that level. I noticed they shut him up a lot in in the sequel, which is good. He was way too annoying in Vermintide 1, especially with all his bullshit made-up words for everything.

That’s it! Put up your blade, wazzok!

“The thaggoraki are swarming!” Huh, I actually spelt that right.

We always laughed at his bullshit but I took great pleasure in hearing a videogame character with an accent close to my own for once. Not to mention, it was the elf that got the Scottish accent. Subversive, Fatshark.

Trailer:

You have to lower SSAO to Medium to get rid of the weird checkered pattern.

Anyone want to play in a bit? Anyone need the discord invite?

I’ll take an invite! My gaming hours are probably a bit later than most though (11pm or later EST) and I have no mic, so I’m liable to aggro patrols and then run away silently.

I need an invite, please.

Brilliant thread title. Well done.

Someone remind me 10 months from now to nominate this for best thread title of 2018.

Fun few rounds tonight, just getting better gear after a successful mission to equip for the next match makes a big difference.

PC gamer agrees with me!

I’m in! May not have too much time tonight though.

Are friend invites done through steam or what? Can’t seem to figure out an in-game friends list.

They are just done through Steam.

I am in for this, eventually… heard so many good things about 1 so here’s hoping they made it better and not worse in the sequel!

I don’t see how to get this - I go to the VIP section, and it just says no deals available.