Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

Certainly can help having at least one friend in the party, still got fond memories of epic hold-outs and other such moments with other QT3 members. Done my fair share of solo saving a mission from a premature ending but definitely better odds if there’s two of you alive to cover each other’s back.

I, uh, may have got kind of good at the game at one point since I could do two-man runs of certain missions on Legend difficulty; the days before they introduced Cataclysm as a step up from Legend. Though, not as good as some of those people who could do solo clears, that is even more impressive to be able to do.

Look out Ratling Gunners there’s a new gatling-totting Dawi in town. As the Orks of Warhammer 40,000 would say, this class be packing the Dakka. Boosts the ranged damage of the party by 10%, can carry up to three bombs for more kaboom-ing, and has 50% more ranged ammo as a perk too. Plus a new melee weapon (Cogwork Hammer) and ranged weapon (Masterwork Pistol) on top of the fancy new gatling gun, since that is locked behind the Outcast Engineer’s class ability.

Did they ever fix the winds dlc/expansion? I recall that being a big bomba at release.

Last I checked, it is in a stage where most of the player base is fine with it now. They limited Beastmen to certain maps and made a number of improvements to it. I still prefer the standard adventure maps personally, since that’s my jam, but the Weaves can be decent fun with a good group.

Winds is overpriced since very few people care about Weaves.

Basically you’re paying a lot for a weapon for each character and the occasional Beastmen showing up.

That’s why I usually pick these things up on sale rather than at full price personally, sometimes the value proposition ain’t quite there for me at the full asking price. Though the Grail Knight and Outcast Engineer careers I have been more tempted to pick up at the time of release.

If Weaves had been fun, it would’ve been fine, but they… just aren’t to the vast majority of people.

So you’re paying for a game mode that you don’t want to play. All the stuff in that mode is isolated from the rest of the game on top of it. The careers are pretty good value imo. You get a whole new character for a few bucks. You can pick and choose and only get the ones that interest you, etc.

Picked this up for cheap a while back. Been playing a little, mostly a Dwarf. Only into whatever the second tier is, Veteran or whatever. Fun stuff, but running with experienced players I feel like dead weight sometimes. Too much dying.

At this point of the lifetime of the game, most players will be hardcore players. Then again, if they are playing only in “Veteran” (there are two more difficulties above), they will be chilling around.

It’s a fun game, for the eight bucks I spent on it (ok, I also bought another Dwarf class, because, well, Dwarf). Very focused, not much extraneous stuff, just go forward, kill, wash, rinse, repeat. Kind of zen.

Just remember that Bardin is actually insane and Cousin Okri is a figment of his imagination.

I mean, he’s a Warhammer dwarf. “Insane” is sort of redundant.

Did someone ask for a Trollhammer Torpedo for Bardin? Because it sure looks like he’s getting one as a new weapon based on the new trailer for the soon to be released Chaos Wastes update. April 20th shall be the date our intrepid heroes venture into all new locations.

Explore the unpredictable and dramatic lands of Chaos Wastes in this all-new 1-4 player co-op rogue-lite experience, expanding the Vermintide story in a new game mode.
https://vermintide.com/chaoswastes
The unpredictable and dramatic land of the Chaos Wastes are only one week away, and an expedition requires preparations. We have created several guides that might help any hero heading out in search of salvation.

Uh, so that’s why the trailer says ‘15 new locations’, I was thinking it was pretty unrealistic to believe it’s 15 free new maps. They surely will be more like mini arenas?

Something like that I would imagine. Though, they could be structured more like traditional adventure maps rather than just being mere combat arenas. Compartmentalize the work that goes into two to three adventure maps and you could feasibly end up with around 15 distinct locations (map segments).

Being up north in the Chaos Wastes gives Fatshark a lot of latitude to randomly piece together map segments into one larger adventure. Level geometry continuity doesn’t matter as much with the gang traveling through what effectively sounds like teleportation gates from one location to the next.

Was wondering how they were going to monetize the new update. The first dev diary reveals what will be in the accompanying paid DLC; five new weapons, new cosmetics, etc.

This part makes me nervous, but I’ll give it a shot.

Mostly because “new game mode” last time was a complete failure.

On the plus side, since this part of the new content is free it probably has a better chance of having people playing it into the future than Winds of Magic’s Weaves did. Fingers crossed it turns out good, has the potential to be interesting but Fatshark’s execution of promising ideas can be flawed at times.

Well, I installed the game yesterday in preparation for today, and in the end it was for nothing, now the update iss a few too many gb for my poor ssd. I had to uninstall and install the game gain. I thought Steam had a better delta patching system.