Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

Or just learn your limits and be ready to stab things in the face.

I haven’t seen a rapier in any of my drops. I have falchion, flail, two handed sword and one ax. I see that I can craft a rapier in the forge.

Should I wait for a drop or try to craft one?

Craft one if you want to try it. Don’t think it costs that many materials

Then I get a blue rapier. I haven’t seen any blues and zero rapiers, and I get a blue rapier.

I like it. It’s quick and the attack speed is very good.

We had some great runs tonight. People who knew where every tome & grimoire was at. I was freaked out and wasted a few healing potions b/c I had never seen a grimoire used before, but it takes the entire team’s health down and after they activated two of them, i was healing but not seeing the healing go up at all - b/c grimoire caps it. I didn’t catch on. When you see a vertical line through your health meter, that means a grimoire is active & you are being penalized quite a bit but the XP gain is pretty good.

There is a “Curse Resistance” stat on some items that lessens the amount you lose.

Always keep one around once they start showing up, they help a ton, though most people don’t bother to bring them and then fail spectacularly. But at least they topped a meter that doesn’t mean anything.

The power of the rapier is in the lunge, it can basically one shot anything short of a Chaos Warrior if you hit them in the head and it can pretty easily two shot them if you get some good hits. It’s also pretty darned good against groups if you dodge backwards after a few swipes and stay mobile. (especially with the range increase). Also there is a “Special” button that fires the off-hand pistol. It’s not super effective, but at close range it usually staggers which can save the day. Also it uses no ammo so you can keep firing it as you close to melee.

Yeah, when V2 first launched I ran into a few people who complained about permanent health loss. They probably should have covered grimoires in the tutorial.

I’m pretty sure that other players’ curse resist doesn’t show up on your display. But books are generally a trap unless you’re going for Champion emp chests; oranges are easy to upgrade to, and unless you’re rolling for a red, green dust are more valuable for properties reroll at the moment. The type of chest doesn’t matter much when you’re just trying to increase item power.

Or anywhere. There are a lot of game mechanics that just aren’t explained anywhere in the game. You either already know them or go look them up online.

Other players curse resist shows in that you can see their health pools as far as I can tell, though it could be my eyes tricking me, but I’ve had runs where their bar is 80% red and others where it is barely half. Could be some sort of visual bug based off whatever curse resist I happen to have? No idea. But considering they get dropped by like 3 hits from skavenslaves, it seems accurate so far.

Your eyes aren’t deceiving you, the health bars clearly change based on how much curse resist you’re wearing.

Though, to piggyback on the previous comments, things like “Curse Resist” are one of many random stats that show up on your items without a clear explanation. I would bet there are quite a few people playing who don’t know what it even does.

Apologies if asked already, but could you play this as single player or just too difficult?

I am sure you could complete every map in game on Recruit difficulty with BOTS.

After a few public games, I sometimes wish I was playing with BOTS. ;)

When I’m playing with my two buddies, we plump for bots because we know they’re not going to run off ahead on their own, get hammered by enemies then guzzle all the health potions down. They can be crack shots too. They’re predictably okay rather than unpredictable like real players.

The bots play pretty well in this one, often better than real people… I only just started playing Veteral difficulty games with my main class and so far EVERY Veteran game with random internet strangers has ended in a loss. However, I can finish the maps pretty reliably with bots.

So - I cant believe you guys have hidden just how FUN this game is. I absolutely suck, and we’ve died on 8 out of 10 missions or so so far, buts its a blast. I do have a hard time choosing a main character to play with. What does everyone here play with, and why?

I play with the wizard, but that’s because I think she’s the least played hero and I almost never need to change heroes when I join a random game.

What planet do you live on where the wizard is the least played hero? I’m not sure I’ve ever played a game without a wizard and elf (both).

I almost never see the Wizard in pub games. :(

FYI , I don’t play that character due to many many deaths in Vermintide 1 due to overheating.

I see her in every game. Always with the beam staff because it’s broken in almost every way. It’s also the most boring weapon she has imo, so I haven’t played her much of late.

Did Sienna’s overheating cause damage in the first game?

It could’ve been an Xbox thing, but I don’t remember having any problems iwth that.

If I recall, you could safely vent it until it reached a certain level, at which point it would do damage.

Patch 1.0.5 has gone live and it contains a number of changes to talents and stuff that was not seen in the recent beta. Changelog here!