Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

That’s crazy. I was there yesterday and it was fine. It even had a counter on it for 2 more days as if it would end at midnight or something March 2nd. Irritating. Sorry about that.

It’s their goofy system I think. I come back 20 minutes later, and the price in my cart has magically dropped to $20.

Hoping to try this out tonight too - I’m rowe33 on Steam.

I’ll get you both discord invites later unless someone is in it right now and can message you the invites

I’d also like to run with you guys and need the discord info. Thank you.

Well I can already tell I’m going to sink a lot of hours into Vermintide 2, just based on the last closed beta and my experiences with the pre-order beta so far. Been focusing on Saltzy so far and have leveled him to 15, starting out with Witch Hunter sub-class before transitioning to Bounty Hunter and going absolute ham on the special and mini-boss damage. Got two pretty awesome orange trinkets and a maxed out grimoire curse resistance trinket currently just from loot alone, so hopefully nothing prevents Fatshark from rolling progression over on release otherwise to quote Bardin “Bugger!”.

Need to try out Zealot sub-class Saltzy sometime to see what that is like, the talent choices and the such seem pretty decent though. Also a good excuse to try out the flail, because at the moment I really can’t look past my trusty rapier and pistol.

I’m down for some Skaven and Nurgle slaying if anyone wants a party member from Australia. No qualms with doing NA or EU hosted games, though NA hosts preferred. I completed most of Vermintide 1 on Cataclysm playing with a host from Germany so latency is more a handicap on my ability to play aggressively than anything, gotta be conservative with those block timings and such.

That’s pretty fast levelling! I like Saltz and the rapier, but the constant swinging action just tires out my hand. I remember spending countless orange shards in V1 to roll a KB/RG/OB rapier, and then never using it again.

I got Kruber up to level 5 last night, mostly with the halberd. I like the range, decent speed and the easy light attack armor penetration with the weapon, but looking forward to getting the executioner’s sword again.

PSA: from what I’ve read it might be beneficial to save the commendation (level-up) chests until your character is level 25+, since those chests have no level cap and you can potentially unbox reds with them.

Part of that is down to discovering where most of the tomes and grims are in the current three levels after much exploration. Or as the case has been 75% of the time, knowing where all the tomes and grims are in Against The Grain since Quick Play loves giving me that map. Getting 660xp a run plus good loot boxes helps a bunch with leveling up, though admittedly I have also sunken a fair few hours already into the pre-order beta while playing nothing but Saltzy.

I played a lot of Kruber during the closed beta and also liked the halberd, been waiting since Vermintide 1 for Kruber to get a polearm weapon so great to get one here. Fun weapon to play around with due to, as you said, the reach and other properties.

I just got this. $20 bucks after discounts on GMG!

@Jason_McMaster, I’d take the discord invite.

Not certain of my schedule/availability, but if timing works out, I’m happy to partner up w/ folks.

monofurioso on Steam.

@Jason_McMaster I’d also like a Discord invite at your convenience. My gaming time is somewhat unreliable too but can make it work from time to time. Thank you.

I’m also glad to see good implementations of spears and halberds. Spears tend to get the short end of the stick (haw) in games and RPG systems (1d6 damage, really 2ed?) with little no or no accounting for the reach factor. Halberds were pretty good in the old Ultimas (that’s probably where my fondness for them comes from) but that’s probably it.

and Lu Bu, I guess.

And holy moly is Kerillian’s Wardancer Spear powerful at the moment with the mobility, reach, speed and types of attacks it has. Seen people far more talented at the game than I, and most people, do some crazy stuff with that spear.

A glorious sight to behold for spear and polearm lovers.

Looks like they addressed some of the early difficulty issues

It doesn’t show up in the VIP section on GMG, but if you put it in your cart it’ll show up as 33% off so you can get it for right around $20.

Pre-order Beta has been updated to now also include the Prologue and Warcamp missions, as well as a bunch of fixes and tweaks. Patch notes here.

I didn’t understand why people said it was important to aim in melee.

Then I played a non-dwarf. Ohhhh, I have to look DOWN to hit the skaven.

Haha. Yeah, some weapon movesets, like Kruber’s Greatsword’s diagonal-ish charge attacks, require some aiming to maximize the effectiveness\efficiency of your attacks.

Unrelated, played through the new Warcamp mission they added and it was pretty enjoyable.

Played w/ some folks here last night, and kept banging my head against the 2nd map, the accursed ‘Empire in Flames’. Maybe this patch will ease the pain.

Fun times were had, even if that mission did keep on wanting to kill everyone despite my best efforts to slay all the raki and chaos filth. If nothing else, my Kruber will be further leveled up the next time we tackle it. Otherwise I’ll have to get super serious and bring out the heavy cavalry, in the likely form of my Ironbreaker.

The struggle is real: