Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

I got called a faggot the other day. And since I don’t play CoD on XBOX (or similar stuff), it has been many years since I was called a faggot. So, congrats to that guy. He was also the first person I ever reported on Steam. I’m sure they’ll take my complaint very seriously.

It’s even better when the host crashes or quits at the end and you get… nothin’.

That, at least, will be fixed. Dedicated servers are coming soonish.

Yeah, I got my first blatant racism in game in a long time. Like literally prompted by nothing. The game starts, one of the players types, “Does anyone know any black people,” and then I had the joy of listening to two people merrily talk about racist shit for 20 seconds until I could nope the fuck out of there.

It’s something I’ve never understood. Is this just something about being edgy? Because I could understand people being racist, but why the fuck babble on about it in a video game? Like no one babbles on about the power of Jesus in video games, or compound interest, or woodworking, or countless other things people are passionate about.

I know it’s just people getting their jollies being transgressive, but it’s not edgy or shocking. It’s just tiresome.

Now I want to try this…

Patch 1.0.3 is out now with a number of fixes and balance changes. For example, Kerillian’s Vauls’s Quiver talent now works even if she is at 50% health, and the same with her Team Regen talent as well. Changelog here for those interested.

I managed to get my item level to 300 yesterday, thanks to hoarding all the commendation chests until I hit 200, and hoarding all the scrapped components until I was out of commendation chests. For me anyway, quick play champion pugs have pretty poor success rates (1 in 3?), so I highly recommend saving your commendation chests if you want to reduce endgame grind.

Perhaps, but the dwarf may also have been an alt - if he had a higher level character who had acquired high-powered equipment it would be an advantage as compared to the equipment of a new character.

Also, the dwarf, especially the Inronbreaker, can excel in those situations. I was playing with a level 8 Ironbreaker in a group with 3 obviously very new players. We completed the mission successfully but I had 15 revives and most of the green circles.

A combination of player experience, class, higher-level equipment and skill can really make a difference at the lower levels.

Knowing you can block and revive at the same time was a revelation / game changer for me.

I tell everyone, so few people know this!

Is 200 power level the optimum time to open them? I have about 10 unused but my character is only level 10 or 11 right now I think. Can’t remember what power level I’m at though.

Yeah, I think so. To clarify, the item power is separate from your “hero power” the big number that you see in the inventory screen - hero power is a combination of your character’s level and the average of your equipped item power (you’ll see the breakdown if you mouse over that number.) So I’d only open commendation chests when opening veteran chests give you items in the 190-200 range.

Got it, thanks! Don’t want to blow my wad too early if I’d be passing up good loot later on.

Is it just me or is the flail the best weapon? I’m really loving my flail + rapid fire pistol Witch Hunter right now.

I love the mercenary two hander because it swings left to right and right to left at head level. It can really clear a room.

The executioner sword was my favorite weapon in V1; I’ve switched over to halberd now, which is a faster, safer weapon and has just as much killing power (hopefully they won’t nerf it!) All the other new weapons (flail, spear, flamethrower) are fun and well done though.

In other news, some folks have discovered the general chances for getting a red weapon:

Champ Soldier’s: 0%
Champ General’s: 1.5%
Champ Emperor’s: 4.8%
Legend Peasant’s: 3.4%
Legend Commoner’s: 4.3%
Legend Merchant’s: 7.7%
Legend Soldier’s: 9.1%
Legend General’s: 10.1%
Legend Emperor’s: 16.7%

(more to be taken as weights rather than actual odds.)

I can’t imagine trying to PUG Legends though, anyone want to try? ;)

Man, $24 for this? Life is good.

Life as a Slayer summarized in one short clip, haha. https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessDifferentBottleKappaPride

Foot Knight at 26, dwarf berserker at 15, fire mage at 15, witch hunter at 5-6.

Might need an intervention.

Elf 30, Kruger 20, Dwarf 22, Wizard 26, Witch Hunter 13.

I’m pretty bored with Veteran difficulty, only Champion holds my interest.

Why did the Witch Hunter lag behind? I admit, between Bright Wizard and WH, I find WH a bit meh this time. I guess I miss the value picking when to use off pistol from V1, and the skill trees seem kinda lacking (at least so far at my level).

I only have a level 16 dwarf a level 11 witch hunter, and a level 4 elf. Some of you guys have a lot of play time! :p