Warner Bros fast-tracks live-action AKIRA

“Tetsuo: a renegade cop who plays by his own rules.” :)

Congratulations, Gary! I’m looking forward to it.

Congrads on the big score Gary. Don’t fuck it up though. We’ll eat you live.

Amazingly that’s exactly what WB said.

Are both guaranteed to be made (simultaneous shooting), or are they doing one and then depending on how it does, shooting the second?

And “Blade Runner” meets “City of God?” Errr what? That said, I haven’t read the manga and have only seen the film.

Hot damn! It would be incredible to see this done justice, although I’d settle for Blade Runner meets City of God. ;-)

But, “New Manhattan”? Looks like you got some scope for artistic license…

That’s pretty damn amazing, Gary. Congratulations. We shall all live our dorky Hollywood fantasies vicariously through you.

Erik J.

Thanks. I’ll try to keep you all updated as much as I’m allowed…

And Kaneda, his best friend and partner that’s now tasked with the hardest job of his life - TAKING DOWN HIS BEST FRIEND.

With Chris Tucker as the motormouthed drug dealer informant with a heart of gold, and Scarlett Johanneson as the woman torn between the men she loves.

congrats! that’s crazy good man!

Good god man, you must have been going crazy during the strike…

Congrats!

You know what I’d like to see? A photo of you holding the script up to your head with a big shit-eating grin on your face.

Booyah. That is some sweet, sweet nectar Gary. Congratulations and enjoy your success (before it drives you mad).

'Grats, Gary!

So Gary…

Here’s what you as your newfound power as an A-list Hollywood celebrity.

1> Make friends with young hollywood starlets. Scarlett Johanssen is ideal, Kristin Bell would be awesome, Isla Fisher and Amy Adams is a must, but we’re not picky. We’ll settle for Selma Blair.
2> Invite them over to play with your Wii. Enjoy.
3> Once they’ve been suckered by the Whitta charm, invite them to the boards where they can share wonderful conversations with the likes of qt3.
4> ???
5> Profit!!!

Also, congrats.

Congrats, Gary! Ruairi’s actually a great guy, and pretty talented. Say hello for me.

Awesome news. Congrats and good luck with the production, Gary.

Congrats Gary!

I congratulate Gary if only so this will springboard him on his unwritten masterpiece about the Vatican and ice hockey.

Congrats Gary, that’s awesome.

Just remember brother, there’s no hentai in Akira.

Seriously.

You mean there’s no hentai in Akira yet.

Kaneda: TETSUOOOOOOOOOO
Tetsuo: KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA

Everything EXPLODES

Kaneda: TETSUOOOOOOOOOO
Tetsuo: KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA

Everything EXPLODES AGAIN

Crusty Passerby: CHOGGGGGLE PAAAAAANTS!
Tetsuo: …
Kaneda: …
Tetsuo: Gah. Let’s just go.
Kaneda: Yeah.

FADE OUT

(Also, congratulations. I don’t need any residuals for use of the above.)