Warning on Dell coupons

Just ran into this, what is presumably a bug. I was looking to get a laptop using their 40% discount. I did everything, applied coupon, went to checkout. However I got pulled away right then to deal with kids, etc. When I got back, my session had expired.

I logged back in, but since I hadn’t saved my cart, it was empty. When I tried to reapply the coupon, it wouldn’t let me, saying that it had already been redeemed. Nothing I did could reset it (I suppose I could have tried clearing cookies), but it wasn’t tied to my account, just my machine.

So I went to another system and ordered it and it worked. Just kind of annoying is all. That said, got a pretty decent Latitude 6000 for $650 to replace my wife’s dead Compaq Presario 2100 (which, hopefully, a new hard drive will fix).

Nice deal on that lat.

Deal is still live AFAIK, I stumbled on it at TechBargains. I’m glad I found it, because I didn’t want to spend a ton on a laptop that’s just sitting in the kitchen, but the other $700 laptops I saw were pretty “meh”. The Fry’s GQ laptop had reasonable specs for $699, as did the CostCo Averatec, but neither gave me the warm fuzzies either.

For those that care, it was $672, shipped, with a free color printer, with the following specs:

Inspiron 6000D
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
15.4 inch WXGA LCD Panel
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 1 Dimm
64MB DDR ATI’s MOBILITY™ RADEON X300 PCI Express x16 Graphics
40GB Hard Drive
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
6-cell Lithium Ion Battery (53 WHr)
1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr Mail-In Service, and 1Yr Technical Support