Warrior Dash RARRRRGGHHH!

So, I signed up for this thing a couple of days ago, and it’s already filling up fast (for the Texas meet, start times from 11 to 3:30 are already full), but I wanted to pass it along in case anyone in here wanted to give it a whirl.

Four awesome things combined: running, mud, beer, and sweet fur viking hats.

If any of y’all do the Texas run, let me know.

They give you a warrior helmet. I have got to find a way to get in on this.

Fixed.

Am I allowed to bring my black and mexican friends? The pictures seem to indicate the answer is no.

Everyone’s the same color, kerzain – muddy. (Also, watch the videos.)

And the absurd number of cute girls doing this puts the lie to your “fix”, Scrax.

Seriously, of my social group the reaction has been something like this.
MALE: “Looks cool. I’m in.”
FEMALE: shrieks “OMG OMG OMG that looks like SO MUCH FUN, I am TOTALLY DOING THIS and I am going to bring ALL MY FRIENDS.”

Very very tempting. I need to do things like this before i get too old ^^.

losers

You allergic to fun, Adree?

Nah, he’s just short on gas money to make it.

You’d think it’d be a golden opportunity to get some hi-larious animated .gifs.

Warriors should not be wearing man panties.

Haha, I think I am actually getting a work team together for this. All I had to do was promise fuzzy Viking hats and people immediately perked up.

Free Beer and Viking Hats have perked up a lot of my friends as well. I think this shall be good.

I think I will have to get a group together to do this. Looks like fun.

Well, crap.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this gets worked out in time.

If it doesn’t, you can catch the Westerns rugby playoffs in Fort Worth (at Gateway park), if you want to see some viking-type violence.

dude i wish i lived in texas again JSUT FOR THIS

Yep, my whole gang is pissed now that we might not go!

My thoughts are that the Warrior Dash people screwed something up, something basic and fundamental that they should have been on the ball about originally, and now they’re scrambling to figure out how to get around it. There are probably some county wide restrictions on outdoor concert style gatherings or something. Even if they do manage to figure out somewhere else to put the stuff, it’s going to be ad-hoc and somewhat more lame, but this shakes my confidence in the organization’s ability to do what it set out to do. I suspect it’s a 50/50 chance of a cancellation/refund. :/

The scuttlebutt is that the Warrior Dash people actually did get all their permits in order, but the local sheriff’s department started freaking out about the size of the crowd and their ability to keep traffic flowing and so the local DA went looking for a loophole.

More cynically, it’s speculated that someone in Kaufmann County may have tallied up how much the Warrior Dash folks are bringing in on this deal and decided they needed to get in on that action.

I actually have pretty good faith that the Warrior Dash people know what they’re doing. After all, they’ve put this on in various other places last year and they’ve already held one this year. It isn’t like permitting requirements are unique to Kaufmann County.

Crap, the closest this comes to me is Joilet, IL, which is too far away (5+ hour car trip). This looks awesome and I would totally drop $65 plus expenses to attend. They need to spread the love to Columbus, Indy or Louisville next year.