Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

Ooooh the Saboteur style , wish more games did that.

Is this WD2 giveaway PC only or can I snag it for my kids on PS4?

PC only.

So you have to watch the live broadcast (which hasn’t started yet) in order to get Watch Dogs 2?

Dunno, but it was 6 hours ago…

The Ubisoft servers got spammed so most people weren’t able to login during the event. Try this new link to signup for the game:
https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft-forward-reward/en-US

Thanks to coronavirus, the silly mask is a real thing now:

I am playing this again, because backlog cleaning! Uplay tells me I am now 66% complete.

And I gotta say the mission where you hack the world, was freaking awesome. This game is best when there is no combat needed. :)

The entire open world could be reduced by half, and just have the player focus on main and side missions. All the extra ubistuff really makes the game less fun.

That is a fun mission :)

I did the motorbike races, and the various research points etc that were like parkour, crane and drone puzzles. I thought that all worked well. I skipped all the co-op and online stuff. I think an open world where you have a car feels different from one where you’re on foot. Makes more sense just to drive places you need, like real life. On foot I have to explore!

And I am nearing the end, as the game told me via THIS IS THE FINAL MISSION popup.

Overall I am not sure that the story in this was all that good. But the characters were all unique and interesting enough.

Best mission in the game was : The one with the giant spider robot.

Yeah there’s that weird break in pace at the beach festival but a lot of the good missions come after that.

Well that’s it for me, main story done, gg and all that.

HUGS!

I loved that game, the characters, the world and its atmosphere of happy upbeat let’s fight the Man punkiness.

Sometimes the systems in this game really sing when you find the right gear to do an infiltration mission. There’s the bones of a much better game here if that were emphasized and expanded upon in place of the mediocre open world shenanigans. That said, I really enjoyed this one too, more than I expected. Got it free in that giveaway a couple weeks back fwiw.

Just grabbed this in the hopes of solving my gaming ennui. Nothing in my backlog appeals. I actually finished WD:Legion and I had the original as part of the package but I can’t get past the shitty driving. I initally wrote this game off as WD:Hipsters but I grabbed it during the XSX sale this week. Glad I did, at least the little bit I’ve played. I need a good game and world to tool around in. I gave GTA5 a decent chance, but it felt too juvenile and I just couldn’t get past that. Hoping that this satisfies.

I played the fuck out of this one, and I loved every bit of it. It’s sunny and (mostly) joyful and got its heart in the right place.

I remember playing WD2 and thinking, it’d be cool if you could climb the Golden Gate bridge.

And as it turns out, you CAN climb the bridge, all the way to the top, and the view is spectacular!

I’d frankly play it again if Ubi ever released an updated version for the PS5.

I will try that during the course of my adventures. And it looks real perty on the XSX, even just with the Auto HDR and FPS Boost.

Man, this game is just what I needed. I’m so pissed at the old man in me for not giving these young hipster protagonists a fair shot back in the day. It plays great, the driving is serviceable (at least on a motorcycle), and I can just chill out and do things at my leisure. My one gripe so far is not being able to filter or sort missions in the DedSec app. Other than that, I’m just taking my time and enjoying the world and getting sidetracked. Got my two drone buddies, and I just stole KITT.

This game is so much better than the third one. The tone makes all the difference.