Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

I loved that game, the characters, the world and its atmosphere of happy upbeat let’s fight the Man punkiness.

Sometimes the systems in this game really sing when you find the right gear to do an infiltration mission. There’s the bones of a much better game here if that were emphasized and expanded upon in place of the mediocre open world shenanigans. That said, I really enjoyed this one too, more than I expected. Got it free in that giveaway a couple weeks back fwiw.

Just grabbed this in the hopes of solving my gaming ennui. Nothing in my backlog appeals. I actually finished WD:Legion and I had the original as part of the package but I can’t get past the shitty driving. I initally wrote this game off as WD:Hipsters but I grabbed it during the XSX sale this week. Glad I did, at least the little bit I’ve played. I need a good game and world to tool around in. I gave GTA5 a decent chance, but it felt too juvenile and I just couldn’t get past that. Hoping that this satisfies.

I played the fuck out of this one, and I loved every bit of it. It’s sunny and (mostly) joyful and got its heart in the right place.

I remember playing WD2 and thinking, it’d be cool if you could climb the Golden Gate bridge.

And as it turns out, you CAN climb the bridge, all the way to the top, and the view is spectacular!

I’d frankly play it again if Ubi ever released an updated version for the PS5.

I will try that during the course of my adventures. And it looks real perty on the XSX, even just with the Auto HDR and FPS Boost.

Man, this game is just what I needed. I’m so pissed at the old man in me for not giving these young hipster protagonists a fair shot back in the day. It plays great, the driving is serviceable (at least on a motorcycle), and I can just chill out and do things at my leisure. My one gripe so far is not being able to filter or sort missions in the DedSec app. Other than that, I’m just taking my time and enjoying the world and getting sidetracked. Got my two drone buddies, and I just stole KITT.

This game is so much better than the third one. The tone makes all the difference.

This thread has made me install it on my Steam Deck and finally get around to finishing it.

I reinstalled it as well.

I haven’t reinstalled, but if it’s any consolation, this thread made me consider it! If only @138 had pushed just a little harder, or maybe posted some cool screenshots or something.

I’ll re-install it, but I have to play Diablo IV first. Sorry Watch_Dogs_2. Gordon_Bleu’s description of climbing the Golden Gate bridge and the view being spectacular is better than any screenshot!

Haha! I’ll see what I can do! I turned off the sharing feature on XSX because I kept accidentally hitting the button when I first got the console. I had a ton of worthless screenshots taken at the most random times.

I reinstalled too, dangit.

I reinstalled, started a new game, and then pretty quickly uninstalled. I do like the open world, but I don’t think I can abide the Dedsec kiddie crew. :)

But I can definitely see the appeal of jumping into an open-world where shooting or slashing things isn’t your primary mode of interaction. And I would still welcome any cool screenshots!

A few quickies from atop the Golden Gate Bridge when I got home from work today.

not the most imaginative, I know. More to follow as I progress in the game.

Runs pretty decent on my Steam Deck but the menu text is all garbled.

What I love about that picture is knowing you can run around among all those skyscrapers in the background, that they’re not just background artwork, that there’s stuff to do down in there. There’s gameplay in that scenery!

My infiltration of New Dawn Temple did not go as planned, but I was able to run and hide and taze my way through the situation. That was a tough nut to crack, which I ended up just sledgehammering by mistake. But I still got the goods. Is there a replay mission option? I’d love to try that one again if it wouldn’t fuck up my progress.

A little virtual tourism today to Alcatraz.

and I had to go back there to pick up some key data, so here’s a night shot.