Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

Gameplay’s pretty good to be honest. Movement and shooting are some of the best you can get in third person open world games, driving is horrible though. Story and characters are cliche and terribly written.

I still can’t believe this mediocre overhyped snoozefest got a sequel. I’d assumed people learned their lesson the first time around, who do they expect to buy this entry?

Watch Dogs sold really well. It’s an open world game. Of course they were going to make a sequel.

With apologies to Ginger. :-)

-Todd

Bah, I loved Watch Dogs. I even liked the mp more than GTAV! I am weird like that! SO original I am!

But seriously, Ubisoft gets shat upon very easily in the press and here at Qt3…but I think almost all there games are worth sixty bux on release. So much to do! Yeah I get it, not everybody likes there games, but I love em. Still have to get Farcry Stone Age though…

Heh, I really enjoy pretty much all Ubisoft games as well, so you are, at least, not alone! I LOVED Far Cry Primal, I LOVE Assassins Creed, and while the hero wasn’t my cup of tea in Watch Dogs, I really enjoyed the city, the mood, the driving at night and so on. They have some awesome world builders as I see it, and I enjoy getting lost in those worlds.

The driving in Watch Dogs wasn’t terrible, its on par with the Saints Row games. Dont hear people rip those games! but i get it, the douchey characters are just not cool. Like it actually matters… the gameworlds Ubisoft makes are still top notch to be worth it regardless of cliche stories (and not all of them are terrible… I liked the Division and recent AC games stories.)

Yup, they have some great artists doing world building. I have yet to be disappointed in any of there open world games since the first AC.

And an open world San Fran!?! thats gonna be cool.

No one cares about the driving in Saints Row because it’s not long before you have superpowers or a VTOL or an attack chopper anyway. It’s a cartoon. In Watch Dogs, driving is the only method of traversal other than walking or fast travel. If you felt the driving sucked, there wasn’t really any other option to get away from it unless you ran everywhere.

I wasn’t bothered by the driving in Watch Dogs. I thought it was good enough because it wasn’t really the focus of the game. That said, I understand why some people hated it.

I’m the same way. An immersive, well-crafted world can override story/character flaws in a game for me.

I’m the same. Ubisoft makes some of the games that I enjoy the most.

With that said, since I hated the driving so much in Watch Dogs, I just couldn’t get into it. I’m not sure why you thought the driving in Saints Row game was this bad too mtkafka. I quite enjoyed the driving in Saints Row 2. At least on the 360. I heard it was really bad on the PC port. And I was enjoying it in Saints Row 4 before I suddenly got super powers.

That first trailer makes me long for the days of Mr. Pearce.

Full-on douchedgelordiness, ugh.

Hopefully at least the city will be nice to explore and good stealth gameplay is retained.

Yeah, I guess we are not the target demographic on this? It looks horrible, but I share your hope.

Just watched their live premiere…yeah I am gonna be getting it. I am not super hyped about the protagonist and the whole youth rebellion whatever stylization, but I like the addition of proper freerunning, nonlethal approach, extra hacking stuff and nice looking city.

Some early gameplay: https://youtu.be/EjE7HLRRMkg

I like the parkour stuff.

Sweet. That was the only redeeming quality of the first Watch Dogs for me, watching your youtube videos of it. I personally couldn’t stand the driving and walking around slowly, but you did that with aplomb and made the game look spectacular while doing so. Much more so than the PS4 version that I played.

Ubisoft says they’re really pushing the driving model forward. They acknowledge that it was a sore point in the first game, and they’ve put a lot of effort into improving it.

Also, San Francisco is “open from the start” and you won’t need to unlock areas.

Box art:

Sure, it’ll open up more of the city to on-foot traversal. But Aiden’s very limited parkour abilities forced him to make use of hackable objects in the city to get around, and helped give Watch Dogs 1 a unique identity. The move set in Watch Dogs 2 looks like a return to Ass Creed.

I think it’s pretty different. Less vertical Assassin’s Creed wall scaling and more horizontal “real life” freerunning. I like the way Marcus tumbles and rolls after landing, and his movements look like they have more weight to them.

Yeah, I’m intrigued. This shot up a lot in my estimation from the initial leak reveal of the main character.

Here are some bullshots:

So douchey