Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

I’m convinced Ubisoft purposefully went for the douchiest possible representation of a “hacktivist” they could muster. Even the cosmetic clothing options are cringe-worthy.

To its credit though, all the open-world aimless gameplay seems solid in the videos I’m watching.

The more I see of this game the more I slowly drift toward NOPE.

But then there’s stuff like this, and they win me back.

Digital Foundry looks at the early PS4 version:

Oh, oops. Somewhere in all the excitement of the week’s video releases for everyone’s Ubi visit and WD2 playing, I missed the story trailer:

T-Bone from the first game moved to SF, I guess.

Hey! I liked his DLC for the first WD.

There are few things in life I care less about than the story of a Watch Dogs game. The gameplay looks much improved from the various previews I’ve seen, but dear Christ I could not care less about the narrative.

PC specs published.

https://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-2-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/

Also, the PC version gets a few days delay to Nov 29th.

That additional features info seems impressive. Really curious how this game will review. The hipsta vibe goes against every fiber of my being, but if it is taken in a tongue in cheek style, I might end up ok with it.

It’s not tongue-in-cheek from what I’ve seen. They are serious. The Ded-sec group is all cool with each other, and there are moments of levity, but Ubisoft is not doing an ironic take on it.

Don’t dash my hope dammit :)
Dishonored 2 will save this year at least…

I think I just have to buy this one. Watch_Dogs was almost there, in my opinion. Also, Watch Dogs takes place in San Francisco, which is the only major US city I have visited, so I’m curious about the digital version of it.

Based on this preview, the opposite seems to be true: Watch Dogs 2 seems better than the first | Rock Paper Shotgun

Yes, but Ded-sec isn’t an ironic spit-take on movie hackers. The group and characters are supposed to be real hackers working for a just cause that you’re meant to sympathize with. Take GTAV. Franklin, Michael, and (to a lesser extent) Trevor aren’t supposed to be hip caricatures of criminals. You’re by and large supposed to take them seriously, despite the world being filled with anal sex jokes and goofball physics.

Not to mention amateur dentistry.

There’s a mission in Watch Dogs 2 that features a character that’s obviously based on Martin Shkreli, the rapacious pharmaceutical CEO and esports fan, that got infamous for kicking off the wave of prescription drug price increases. Polygon recorded the mission to show off how topical and hip Watch Dogs 2 is in comparison to the first game.

Shkreli caught wind of it and decided to stream himself watching the video of the mission.

https://twitter.com/MartinShkreli/status/791132027210850304

I’m not giving that fuck-tard a click. (I presume the YT link goes to his channel?)

Yes. That’s why I typed out as much of the story as I could. His summary is the tweet.

Oh, good. Now we can expect Ubisoft to give exclusive shit to Twitch Prime.

[quote]
Twitch Prime members will get a bundle of in-game content for Watch_Dogs® 2 including the following:
Twitch-themed Hoodie character skin
Exclusive XP boost
Pixel Art customization pack of skins for character, vehicle, weapon, and drone
Guts, Grit, and Liberty customization pack of skins for character and vehicle[/quote]