Watch Dogs 2 - Ubisoft's other open world IP returns

Patchy time.

[quote]
Today, we are pushing Title Update 1.06 to the live environment to fix top known issues that have been identified since launch. This Title Update will be available to PS4 players starting at 2:30PM EST today, and for Xbox One players as soon as it is approved by Microsoft, tonight or tomorrow. PC will get a patch later this week. We will provide more info on that soon.

The main objective of this title update is to improve the performance of online features and fix top issues that have been reported by our community.

Here is what is being fixed in Title Update 1.06:

Online Performance
• [XB1/PS4] [Performance] Game Crashing – This patch will have various crash fixes for a smoother gameplay experience.
• [XB1/PS4][Online & Multiplayer] Seamless Online – Players should now experience improved reliability of seamless online and matchmaking through the Multiplayer App.
• [Multiplayer] Activity Frequency – This patch fixes the issue of the cooldown resetting after a player dies while being the target of a hack during Online Invasions. Players should now experience regular cooldown times and a normal frequency of getting hacked during their gameplay.
• [XB1/PS4] [Online Invasions] Target Detecting Hackers through walls using NetHack – Some players reported being able to detect Hackers through walls using NetHack during Online Invasions. This bug is fixed in this patch.

Bug Fix:
• [XB1] [Performance] Graphics / Aspect Ratio – Players have reported HUD and Main Menu elements in game being cut off on various TVs and monitors on Xbox One. This Title Update fixes this issue by adding a new slider for players to control the safe frame size option for their screens.

We hope you’re having fun playing Watch Dogs 2. We’ve been loving seeing all the screenshots, selfies, and videos you’ve been sharing. So keep sharing all that great stuff with us on Twitter @watchdogsgame and the Watch Dogs subreddit.

Should you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to check the Known Issues List, and report them in this forum section if they are not listed there. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve the game.[/quote]

Cheapest I found this is on uk.gamesplanet and it still costs 38 euros…

I am tempted…

I have had NO problems with the seamless mp in the game. It is kind of creepy when you find out while your doing your thing that you’ve suddenly been invaded and a timer counts down. Otoh it is hilarious hide and seek fun when you are on the other end of the invasion, you can sit in a corner and watch the other player running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to find you. Also, I like how the game constantly gives me notices for an invasion… I usually do them because even if you fail you get good xp. As well the coop game can turn into an invasion and then a bounty hunt… its much more alive than anything I’ve seen in GTAV because it works within the games fiction. pretty dang cool. It did work in the first Watch Dogs, but i didn’t see it as much then.

Yup. The MP is pretty darned good in this.

If the pattern from Watch Dogs and AC: Unity with similar living world MP stuff holds true, PC players will want to enjoy it while they can because it quickly turns into a dead feature on that platform.

Anyone know what engine this is using?

It has the same Nvidia HFTS shadow options as The Division, so any chance it’s Snowdrop? I wouldn’t think it’s Disrupt as used by WD1, since that was designed for cross-generation and this was meant to be a fresh start.

AFAIK, it’s still Disrupt, except it now has two years of extra development and they’ve been able to ignore the previous gen restrictions.

I had no intention of getting this, but got it as part of the Samsung SSD deal. How is the game as a purely single player game? Are the moment to moment activities fun? Repetitive? Is there a story and is it decent? I’m kinda an Assassin’s Creed hater and since this is UBI…

I got it as well, but in a positive step for me - this time I waited for reviews and the performance guide! :)

Not sure what it plays like yet (lengthy download), but I’m reading it’s quite like GTAV?

DedSec is a fun group of activist young people that have good banter and care for each other. They’re a diverse group of college kids out to change the world for the better. They’re going to do this largely by pranking the establishment and gaining social media followers to expose the bad guys for what they are.

Why then is your basic melee attack always fatal? Why is stunning guards so quickly reversed? Why can’t I move unconscious bodies? Why do the police instantly draw guns and start shooting for the most minor of infractions? (Insert commentary about BLM here.) Why is stealth so much harder than just killing everyone in your way?

The time that guards are “knocked out” is like a minute or two. That’s regardless of whether or not you use the taser or a shock trap or stun grenade. You get a couple minutes of Zzz, then the guards are right back up searching for you.

I’ve started putting a silenced bullet into sleeping enemies because fuck it. Why should I have to rush to get through areas?

Darn, now I’m thinking I should have waited 24 hours longer before buying. Thanks, Telefrog!

I may be coming down too harshly on that stuff. The rest of the game is pretty damn good. The environmental puzzles are a neat evolution of the hacking mini game from the first game. The story missions have been strong so far. Marcus and his buddies are actually quite endearing, despite their appearance. Virtual SF is fantastic. There’s a ton of side missions and activities. The seamless MP stuff is a great way to introduce chaos into the game space.

It’s just weird how killing is so much easier than stealth because nothing about Marcus or DedSec indicates murderous intent.

I asked my son if he wanted Watchdogs 2 and to my surprise he said no, because there’s too much stealth in the game. He came to this conclusion after watching some reviews, and he didn’t want me to spend money on a game he wouldn’t likely enjoy (yes, I am the luckiest father ever!).

Is it one of those games which requires stealth to succeed in a large number of missions? I just find it rather unfortunate because he really did enjoy Watchdogs for the most part, but had to have me help him on the sneaking bits.

My 11 year old and I both enjoy it. He does not play the campaign but runs around making mayhem.

He tries to guide me through missions…as long as there is no killing…If I pull out a gun he leaves the room…good boy!

My 10 year old son’s weapon of choice is the grenade launcher! That said, outside of games he is totally sweet, highly empathetic and non-confrontational.

He does follow the story so he gets frustrated when it’s more stealth than mayhem. He needs me to step in for stealth missions so those kind of ruin the immersion for him. I think his concern is that they skewed the mix in WD2 towards stealth, so for him it’s no sale.

What the hell…

That is dumb. I thought nonlethal was actually viable the way they talked about it. I assumed stunning someone meant they had a good night sleep for a few hours. Killing people clashes insanely with the game’s theme/narrative. God dammit Ubi. My enthusiasm for this game just dropped to almost zero.

It’s really bizarre. Pretty much the first thing the storyline has you do is 3D print a gun. You can’t choose anything non-lethal. Why?

But I guess the whole game can’t work out its identity. You’re ostensibly a happy-go-lucky group of white hat hackers, but by any objective measure you’re actually a murderous crime cartel.

I have played close to 10 hours now, and haven’t killed anyone yet. Stunned, knocked out, but not killed.

The VERY first thing you get is a stungun.

I don’t know, one of my major complaints with the original was that it appeared to want you to do mass-murder on a regular basis, or at least that’s where all the incentives lined up.

I played through the intro this morning before work. I was very impressed. Basically EVERYTHING in the game has been hugely improved from the previous. Hacking actually seems to be more than a last minute addition this time. The graphics are also great. Maybe it isn’t as good as witcher 3, but it is one of the few recent games that i feel are really “next generation’y.”

I almost didn’t get this game. Watchdogs 1 was one of the most disappointing games i ever bought, but my friend kept talking about how good WD2 was, so i gave it a chance and it seems to have been a good decision.

Oh and disclaimer. I’ve only played for about 40 minutes, so maybe when i’m half way through the game, i’ll end up finding out that the game is terrible or something.

It’s true the stun gun doesn’t stun long enough… like 2-3 minutes, but the game can still be played very ‘peacefully’. You do not have to ‘commit mass murder’ to get the job done at least about halfway through the game for me. In actuality most of the main missions I’ve played I’ve used my drones. You can go in blazing as well, but its actually HARDER, but you aren’t punished for it… this is an open world gta style game… there are certain expectations.

I think there is alot of things in this game that are new… like remote control of cars, flying the drone around and hacking, the puzzle within the environments… no other game does this, and this game does it well. It might be window dressing for some people and in reality this is just another open world gta game… but this one is different enough to be worth it.

I just hope the invasion gameplay is still relevant 6 months from now. It will be on console, but PC probably not.