Watch Dogs Legion - It's London baby!

Streamlining isn’t necessarily bad, it’s all in how it’s done. Streamlining that improves systems or interfaces, removes unnecessary busy work, and dumps stuff that detracts from the core experience is good. Streamlining that dumbs down stuff, not so much.

True, thats what I meant by

edited out me complaining about how the latest AC game and this one has been streamlined to death in my opinion.

I’m slightly more sanguine about the recent Valhalla game–I mean, yeah, I’ve pacified England and really don’t have the drive to try to finish off the rest of the crap, but I got 100+ hours out of it–but in general, I agree. So many things in both these games feel like the Potemkin Village of gaming–nice facades, nothing behind the painted wallboard.

Interesting thread about the technical fuckups of this game’s PC version.

Just terrible…

This is the definition of a B game - which is sad because they certainly spent a lot of person-hours crafting the urban setting. This is the first Watch Dogs game I’ve tried and maybe the best I can say about it is that it is interesting that non-violent or non-fatal solutions are preferred by the game systems. So it’s more interesting being an ordinary schlub and not wading through waste deep bodies being an immortal badass.

OTOH hacking is both so trivial and effortless that being an actual hacker falls to the side. Ubi hasn’t quite figured out the difference between being a hacker and being a Time-to-Crate flat footed thief.

You’re not really a hacker, you’re an infiltrator.

Anyone like @Scotch_Lufkin want to compare performance of this to CP2077? Slightly related games with their ray traced cityscapes, no?

Looking back at my posts in this thread, on RTX Ultra/Ultra Settings and DLSS set to “balanced” I was getting a low 60’s at a min and sometimes as high as 80’s. Cyberpunk with the same (equivalent) settings, I’m seeing the (very) rare dip into the 58-60 range (I believe I saw this once in a while in Legion, as well), but generally it’s running in the mid to high 60’s, and sometimes into the 70s so I’d guess the average is around 10 fps less than Legion at most, though one thing C2077 does I love with the DLSS set to AUTO is lower the resolution a bit during driving or maybe (I assume, I have never seen it happen, during lots of action during combat), so I maintain high 60’s and into the 70’s while driving but it still looks excellent due to the fast movements blurring/hiding any lowered resolutions I may be otherwise seeing, and then returning me to a higher resolution when the action slows back down and I get out of the vehicle (or reduce speed).

I do believe, looking at images I posted in this thread and screens I grabbed from C2077, that Cyberpunk has nicer textures (at least on equivalent Ultra settings) - the world looks a little more dense and “lived in” here, seems like. It could just be I like the art and the imagantive world building in Cyberpunk more, admittedly.

TL:DR; in practice, they feel the same to me.

Thanks. That auto DLSS setting does sound nice. I wonder if it’ll become widespread, like dynamic resolutions.

I hope so - DLSS is really strong tech, I’d love it even in games (such as Warhammer 2) that lack RTX for example, just to boost performance for almost free.

Update 3.0 out now on PC is mainly to prep for multiplayer.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2315110-Title-Update-3-0-Patch-Notes

WDSL-VANO-SS00-7777

Code for an in-game owl mask and a jacket. Shrug.

Go here to redeem:

https://redeem.ubisoft.com/watchdogslegion/

Weird that this unloved game gets multiplayer and The Division 2 gets yet more content. It’s like Ubisoft literally don’t know what to do with their money.

claimed thanks!

At least The Division 2 is a pretty good game. Maybe not stellar, but pretty solid. More engaging by far than Legion.

I am sure there are dozens of PC players upset about this!

I actually kind of like Legion, but i take it from a certain point of view, namely putting about 50 architecture interns to work cranking out interesting buildings, combined with a game that prefers non-lethal confrontations. On the hardest difficulty w/ permadeath, it does feel more interesting than simply being able to wade into combat as a normal shlub. I do like wandering around modern, European styled interiors as opposed to… everything else that’s contemporary to it right now.

But multiplayer feels like a white whale feature that they’re doing only because Ubi might be sued at this point if they didn’t. I imagine once the multiplayer upgrade is done, so is Legion.

They still would owe “season” pass owners some content.

Good point, i hadn’t paid attention to that. They’ll probably string some missions together - it seems that creating mission content is the easiest of the workflows in an Ubi studio (look at the AC games in recent memory to see evidence of that). You’ll know it’s a pump and dump if the final season pass is just a truck full of clothing options and other skins.

Wait this game had a season pass? Didn’t they learn their lesson from the last game and just give up on it before trying?

I didn’t realize any season pass content was released.