Way too early - Possible 2020 Democratic Candidates

Now you’ve got it!

She is too far left. At least in my opinion. But then I know many of you here think that is what the Dems need to do.

A debate on TV with Trump will make or break her, IMO. She needs to troll, trigger or intimidate him like Pence did Kaine in the VP debate.

Yes, I’d love to see her in a debate with Trump. She’s quick witted, intelligent and savvy enough to destroy him with his own words.

I want someone like Obama I can believe in again. I don’t even care if it’s a Republican or a Green party candidate, I want someone with integrity.

The Democratic party may be full of clowns like Charlie Rangel, who’s picture passed out on that lounger may be my favorite picture of all time, but it also has a stranglehold on men and women with integrity now. I can name well known Republicans with integrity one hand now, and I’m about to not need my thumb anymore because their best guy is about to die of cancer. God he’s a fighter. It’s a shame what the GOP has done to itself between the Tea Party and this goofball in Chief.

The Democrats need a dick vs Trump because he is an asshole and, as famously stated in Team America, only dicks can handle those. If a woman does go against him she needs a bad atittude and a huge balls sack to win. Warren does not fit this criteria i think.

If the Democrats are going to nominate someone as old as Elizabeth Warren (they’re not, btw) they might as well go with Biden or Bernie instead.

At any rate, the nominee in 2020 is going to be someone who connects well with the Democratic base, who are the ones who vote in primaries. That’s what hurt Bernie in 2016.

I know it’s been said before, but Biden v. Trump debates would so incredible. I know it’s unlikely and maybe not even desirable that he runs in 2020, but what a show it would be.

She’s not far off of Pelosi on the list of demonized people in the Democratic party. You’d also instantly lose nearly every gun owner as well since unlike say Obama, she’s adamantly anti-gun and never stops talking about it.

She’s way too liberal for most of the country.

Which again, is why it’s more of an American Electorate problem than directly a Democratic party problem, but alas.

It’s not a problem for her electability that Warren is too far left. It’s a problem that she’s female. The rage and hatred she suffers from the GOP in Massachusetts has to be seen to be believed, and Massachusetts is about as blue as it gets.

IMO a woman is absolutely unelectable as a president in this country right now. It’s sad, it’s horrifying, but I think it’s true. Unfortunately it seems the feckless independents who somehow waffle this way and that as election campaigns proceed can easily be swayed by an opponent’s depiction of a female candidate as harsh, hateful, or harridanish.

Not to mention shrill and bossy! If only humans took after bonobos instead of chimpanzees.

I think Trump was intimidated by Hillary. She just was slow to realize it and failed to capitalize on the fact.

And if that doesn’t stick they can go with too agreeable and lacking toughness and determination.

Hey, it takes a lot of feck to be a good independent! Some of us are full of feck!

Yeah, but those of us who have any who do are not the people who somehow shift from strong trump to strong hilary to strong bernie and back to trump again over the course of a single election.

Let’s see. Can’t have any candidates the right wing media hate.
Can’t have any candidates the poor, aggrieved gun owners hate (because OMFG whatever will I do without ma AR-15, waaah.)
Can’t have any candidates that offend the white working class.
Can’t have any candidates that want to regulate banks, that’s just communism!

I know, let’s just re-elect trump.

Don’t forget – no women!

I just read a remarkably addle-brained essay that Chris Hayes tweeted out, in which a capital P Progressive of the capital L Left laments that real Progressives face an uphill challenge, because the Democratic party has moved to the left and mainstream Democrats likes Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillebrand and Kamala Harris have come out in support of policies and ideas that used to be too far to the left.

And that’s a big problem. Or something. Really, it was such insipid drivel that it was a struggle to get through the final few paragraphs. It’s like when radio started playing Nirvana, suddenly those Nirvana songs got less good.

“I used to like universal health coverage, but then it got too mainstream” ?

Ha! Something like that. Or, “I don’t trust Senator Whomever, because he/she voted in favor of Obamacare, but now says that he/she supports Medicare for all.”

Pragmatism is almost as evil as authoritarianism to some folks with whom I have a lot of agreement with on the political spectrum.